Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: idk what mod caused this but i screamed out loud when i saw it  (Read 1151 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

this is right outside askonia coming from the direction of aztlan. the signal just above the star and a ways above it are two more fleets. I went dark & followed them for a bit to see where they were going but they stopped to murder a bunch of gigantic salvage fleets and then I had to run away when one them tried to interdict me while another started to run me down
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: idk what mod caused this but i screamed out loud when i saw it
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 01:56:44 AM »

Ruthless Sector, I believe. IIRC Nex could also be the culprit, although the Remnant raids that it adds (think pirate raids, except Alpha Core Radiants instead of Atlus MK. IIs...) generally involve a lot more murderous fleets than just that one.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 06:34:10 AM »

I'm pretty sure Ruthless sector only adds Remnant Ordos/Sub-Ordos/Fragments to hyperspace, while Remnant Legions are from Raid Fleets which in turn come from Nex.
The fleet was sprobably waiting for its sibling legions before entering the system to raid it.

They're a good way to farm cores by the way, Legions like in this case tend to carry more D-mods than usual when it comes to remnant forces and you can bait them into also fighting allied fleets, therefore most likely equalizing the DP balance when fighting them if your buddies have some good officers!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 08:05:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure Ruthless sector only adds Remnant Ordos/Sub-Ordos/Fragments to hyperspace, while Remnant Legions are from Raid Fleets which in turn come from Nex.
Yup. Also, ruthless sector only spawns remnants outside the core worlds, so it would be unlikely to see them near Askonia.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 08:19:12 PM »

This is like a chicken running away from a unexploded ww2 thousand pounder.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 12:07:18 AM »

I didn't know that danger ratings even went above 5, I just assumed that 5 was uncapped.