Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Skill that prevents enemy reinforcements from joining  (Read 1946 times)

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Skill that prevents enemy reinforcements from joining
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 11:41:41 AM »

I could get behind this but with the caveat that it forces you to fight two fights back to back. So you can prevent the rest of the fleet from organising via a tactical burn between the van and rear of the fleet to engage one or the other... but the downside is after you've fought the first half of the fleet you have to fight the second or use a story point/normal disengage/combat disengage to leave.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 02:44:03 AM »

Being able to pick off whatever weak fleet you want sounds overpowered to me. Expensive maybe on the CR recovery, but OP.

So I dislike the idea.
Stronger than the ability to leash a personal Radiant or 10 extra vents + a 3rd S-mod slot?

I'm not even confident that it's definitively stronger than the T1 Technology campaign skills...

So preventing 2 fleets of Redacted from joining into a death ball is weaker then t5? No. It is not.
Yes it is.

Separating 2 fleets from a death ball can already be done through clever piloting at the Campaign scale; a L5 skill wouldn't introduce anything unique in that regards, it'd just make doing what's already possible easier.

Leashing a Radiant, meanwhile, means you don't even have to bother separating the two fleets since you can just clobber the entire deathball in one fight.

Covered everything in that in other posts.

Expect the Radiant. Which would have nearly no CR which would make it bad for a big/extended fight. They are powerful, they won't be quickly beating 3-4 other enemy Radiants from 3 fleets at once. Lets not pretend that's the case.

ElPresidente

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 03:46:06 AM »

I am against magical skills with 0 logic behind them.
You're blitzing them so fast that the more distant fleet has no time to respond.

Fights take time - hours, days.
It's another magical "get out of jail free card" for the player. He doesn't need more of those.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 06:31:24 AM »

Fights take time - hours, days.
Fights that player takes part in happen instantly, actually.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2021, 07:55:09 AM »

Unlike everyone else in the sector, the player has the power to do everything except travel in minutes/seconds.

Probably so the simulation doesn't have to compensate constantly, but it's still wierd.
Pages: 1 [2]