Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Requesting Captain aggression bias  (Read 455 times)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Requesting Captain aggression bias
« on: June 08, 2021, 01:29:34 PM »

I feel we need a better way to find captains that suit our fleet. Specifically Aggression settings.

For example if you wanted

Reckless officers they would be more common on LP planets/stations
Aggressive officers they would be more common on Pirate planets/stations

It would be fairly thematic and allow people shopping for certain types of captains to have specific destinations instead of unfocused randomness. I'm not asking for 100% chance, just a greater likelihood of specific types to be from certain backgrounds.

Anyone that reads between the lines can tell which I want more of from my examples.

I also suggest allowing SP to increase the likelihood of finding specific types in your own ranks using the existing promotion system added in .95. Say +50% rate of finding skilled individuals in your ranks for 1 year. I'm just spit-balling but the concept seems sounds and more SP options is good.

I think it would be a nice QoL change everyone could benefit from.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting Captain aggression bias
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 01:58:51 PM »

Tell me what, that you can increase or decrease aggression with SP? I know about that. 1 tier isn't enough and too many with the correct aggression have a bad skill to start.

Unless this is already a thing I missed in the .95 patch notes. I mean the bias by faction for recruitment options.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 02:08:00 PM by Locklave »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 02:07:57 PM »

This is a good suggestion, but I think its already a thing! To the best of my knowledge the aggression setting in the .faction file both controls the behavior of unofficered ships in battle and the aggression distribution of officers in fleets, but also that of the ones that spawn at stations to be hired.

Shhh! Nobody tell him!

C'mon, don't be like that. Its really not productive.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 02:13:41 PM »

I'm on LP bases a lot and don't see much difference in the captains available, I guess that could be dumb luck? If it is biased I'd ask for it to be a higher %.

I know for sure the LP fleets have those crazy guys I dream of for my fleet, but they don't show interest in joining so much as killing me. That's a bad place to start a employer employee relationship.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 02:16:55 PM by Locklave »