Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] Lights Out  (Read 71866 times)

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Lights Out
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2022, 04:19:49 PM »

I have tested somewhat, works as advertised and doesn't seem to effect core sector generation. Additionally systems housing mod factions are also visible so this doesn't effect this either from what I can tell.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2022, 08:13:20 PM »

I have tested somewhat, works as advertised and doesn't seem to effect core sector generation. Additionally systems housing mod factions are also visible so this doesn't effect this either from what I can tell.

oh is that what it does, nice

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2022, 08:07:56 AM »

Sir, may I ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org) with your author infomation?

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2022, 10:38:14 AM »

yeah no worries

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2022, 04:05:15 AM »

Sir, I have a colony with "Planetary Moon" condition, its market size is five. But the restriction which will reduce population growth by 9999% has no effect on it.
Is this a bug?
(English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.)
Please check the screenshot of game, it's Chinese Game, sorry.
https://postimg.cc/DJPfMTyY
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 04:08:01 AM by TheHZDev »

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2022, 04:45:45 AM »

Would it be possible to have newly made colonies settled in Nexerelin to reveal the system they are in?

keiphy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2023, 04:54:47 PM »

I really like the idea, so i started a playthrough with it. Unfortunately, the save file size keeps increasing, it started around 50 MB and is now at just over 190, saving times are affected badly and i have a decereasing framerate in systems and especially hyperspace. By now, there are a bit over 300k lines that look like this:
Spoiler
<campaign.econ.lout__PlanetaryMoon_-MoonImmigrationModifier z="381156">
<market cl="Market" ref="175553"></market>
<id>lout_planetary_moon_e1dece</id>
<name>Planetary Moon</name>
<amount>-50.0</amount>
</campaign.econ.lout__PlanetaryMoon_-MoonImmigrationModifier>
[close]
The ids vary; just flying in a circle for 5 seconds added around 250kb to the file.

I'm not sure if the rate of bloating is constant, but it starts in a new game, and it also keeps going while paused and doing nothing, every time i saved a copy a few seconds later, it increased in size.

edit: it happens even if no other mod is loaded. File size seems to be increasing more slowly, possibly because vanilla generates a smaller sector than i'd like, resulting in less moons being generated as well.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 06:49:25 AM by keiphy »

vaarelsauce

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2023, 12:38:55 AM »

Is there any way to force-show all the locations of the hidden star sectors?
Like if I had explored 99.99% of the sector, but there is still a tiny hidden pocket of unrevealed area somewhere in the galaxy that I couldn't find even after hundred of hours running around.

uhbyr1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2023, 03:25:13 PM »

Hello,
With 0.96 finally here, may I wonder about this mod's status? Are there plans (no rush, mere curiosity) for patching it up to the current version? It really became a must-have to me.

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2023, 10:57:35 AM »

Hello,
With 0.96 finally here, may I wonder about this mod's status? Are there plans (no rush, mere curiosity) for patching it up to the current version? It really became a must-have to me.

was wondering what happened to my smol moons

SC_Reaper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2023, 12:11:54 PM »

I really like the idea, so i started a playthrough with it. Unfortunately, the save file size keeps increasing, it started around 50 MB and is now at just over 190, saving times are affected badly and i have a decereasing framerate in systems and especially hyperspace. By now, there are a bit over 300k lines that look like this:
Spoiler
<amount>-50.0</amount>
[close]
The ids vary; just flying in a circle for 5 seconds added around 250kb to the file.

I'm not sure if the rate of bloating is constant, but it starts in a new game, and it also keeps going while paused and doing nothing, every time i saved a copy a few seconds later, it increased in size.

edit: it happens even if no other mod is loaded. File size seems to be increasing more slowly, possibly because vanilla generates a smaller sector than i'd like, resulting in less moons being generated as well.

Before I begin digging through the mod files, this did get fixed? I really enjoy the exploration aspect that this mod brings and it would be a shame if using it resulted in gradually making the game unplayable. I'd hate to have to give it up.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2023, 03:03:14 PM »

If this ever gates update I'd like to report that this mod doesn't hide undiscovered stars and planets from the intel celestial objects screen, so you can bypass the blind discovery part.

SC_Reaper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2023, 05:37:38 AM »

Spoiler
<amount>-50.0</amount>
[close]

Before I begin digging through the mod files, this did get fixed? I really enjoy the exploration aspect that this mod brings and it would be a shame if using it resulted in gradually making the game unplayable. I'd hate to have to give it up.

To anyone wondering about this, I’m not sure whether it is the cleanup being performed by another mod, but my savefiles seems to be somewhat stable in size.
Pages: 1 2 [3]