Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Crash to desktop when approaching a bounty target station in Derelict Empire  (Read 620 times)

xescape

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm playing the derelict empire scenario with Nexerelin. I've played regular games with the same mod set before with no problems, so I think it might be something related to derelict empire.

I got a bounty quest from the remnant quest giver at Prism for a Hegemony planet that was conquered from the Derelicts. When I approach the station, this crash occurs.

I've tried waiting a bit or going by a different route, but it always crashes when I get maybe a screen and a half away. Sometimes I see a hegemony fleet spawning just before the crash, which might be related to the error message.

Thanks for any help!

Crash log:
Code
249397 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.doFit(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:464)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.DefaultFleetInflater.inflate(DefaultFleetInflater.java:422)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.TacticalModule.hasEnoughStuffAround(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.TacticalModule.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Enabled Mods:
Adjustable Automated Ships 1.0.0
Adjusted Sector 0.3.3
Console Commands 2021.4.10
Detailed Combat Results 5.1.2
High Tech Expansion 1.4.3
Industrial Evolution 2.2.d
LazyLib 2.6
MagicLib 0.34
Nexerelin 0.10.2b
Terraforming and Station Construction 7.1.3
ZZ_Modified Industry Requirements - editable

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

It happens when the fleet autofit runs out of S-mods to add, which seems... pretty hard to do.
(Alex, might be good to have a failsafe for this anyway)

Can you post the save? It might be caused by a specific ship, in which case I can identify which one.

xescape

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply! Here's a link to the save files, since they're too big to attach here: https://mega.nz/file/YGRzDaJJ#bV5O4uJ0tmlFCIeyFQ1T-bNzTHzUpjRJV9TJgj1jFBc

I haven't been noticing many S-mods from fleets. It's about 3 cycles into the game, and most of the settings are default.

xescape

• Ensign
    • View Profile

As a quick update:

After going around and doing more stuff, I eventually came back and was able to approach the station. The station spawned two Hegemony special task forces with multiple triple S-mod ships each. I'm not sure what caused such a jump in ship quality tbh, since the rest of their fleets were regular or D-mod.

So I guess I'm personally past this hurdle, but since I'm not sure what caused it maybe it can happen again.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Thanks for the save!

The one crash I got while testing looks like it's happening with a particular Wolf (vanilla) variant, though I'm not sure how it got into that state.
(I was wondering if it was due to a particular mod ship)

Well, it's fixed for next Starsector version at least.