Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beam weapons with Integrated Point Defence AI should keep firing as they track  (Read 2175 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile

Do those small beams even have enough DPS to do anything useful by sweeping, other than slow down their target acquisition? Sure, I can clear out a lot of missiles with a sweep from a high intensity laser but that thing has WAAAAY higher DPS than a tactical laser.

High Intensity laser does not turn into a PD weapon, and neither it would make sense for it to. It does work rather well as a long range fighter/bomber deleter well already with advanced turret gyros on AI ships tough.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Maybe tac lasers just aren't good PD no matter how much you try and make them and people should just accept that instead of trying to make them into PD.

Morgan Rue

• Commander
    • View Profile

Maybe tac lasers just aren't good PD no matter how much you try and make them and people should just accept that instead of trying to make them into PD.
Allow me to introduce you to the Tactical Scarab, slaughterer of Fighters and Missiles alike.

Advanced Turret Gyros is required though, and Advanced Optics is probably a bad idea.
Dauntless.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile

High Intensity laser does not turn into a PD weapon, and neither it would make sense for it to. It does work rather well as a long range fighter/bomber deleter well already with advanced turret gyros on AI ships tough.
No but I manually fire and sweep it across missile volleys. It's really effective.
Pages: 1 [2]