Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] Trophy s-mods [0.7.2]  (Read 14141 times)

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Trophy s-mods [0.7.1]
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2022, 06:59:36 AM »

I have the problem that I often get built-in mods that shouldn't be built in. Like, the "Alliance sensor array" mod from the Commissioned crews mod or the "Install confirmation" mod from Yunru's mods.

Maybe it is an incompatibility with Exotica Technologies?
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

michail

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Trophy s-mods [0.7.2]
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2022, 08:12:37 AM »

Yep, the Commissioned Crews hullmods get s-modded for the same reason - trophy s-mods didn't check for "no_build_in" tag. Fixed in 0.7.2, which incidentally has just rolled out. Can't say about "Install confirmation" without checking it more closely - which mod is it from? Yunru is an extremely prolific modder.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2022, 10:41:25 AM »

Could you maybe extend the no_build_in ignoring to all vanilla hullmods, not just SO?

Also found a minor "bug" - Recovery Shuttles can occur on ships with built-in drone wings (Tempest, Venture, etc), where it does nothing (no crew losses with drones to begin with).

michail

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2022, 12:42:09 PM »

Could you maybe extend the no_build_in ignoring to all vanilla hullmods, not just SO?

Neural Interface & Integrator - yeah, probably. I don't see much of a downside to this, but then again, I never use those two.

Phase Anchor - I need to think about it. My knee-jerk reaction was "no, robbing the player of its once-per-battle effect and control over it would be bad and annoying". I don't mind the mod ruining some ships by giving them nonsensical loadouts, but interfering with other ships is a bit too much for my taste. The real question is whether anybody actually cares about the emergency phase.

Shield Shunt - just to see the world burn? Maybe with a very low weight it wouldn't get too old too quick. It's a borderline d-mod for many ships

Also found a minor "bug" - Recovery Shuttles can occur on ships with built-in drone wings (Tempest, Venture, etc), where it does nothing (no crew losses with drones to begin with).

Hardly an elegant solution, but I can make the mod consider ship's variant. Has some meme potential too.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2022, 07:39:49 AM »

Does the mod tend to clump some hullmods together? I can swear I see heavy armor + solar shielding + RFC combo all the time.

If it doesn't that could be interesting to explore too. Shield Shunt would be less of a d-mod if you were highly likely to get heavy armor and bulkheads with it. Although personally I would prefer the full random "deal with it" shield shunts.  ::)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2023, 12:00:49 PM »

Is there a way it can be configured so there is just the feature of enemy fleets having s-mods without keeping them on recovery or the restrictions on my own s-mods?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 12:46:19 PM by Agalyon »

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2023, 07:39:13 AM »

idk if i fiddled with something but the only hullmod enemies seem to have is safety overrides.

Insolent Peon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2023, 08:32:40 PM »

idk if i fiddled with something but the only hullmod enemies seem to have is safety overrides.

I had a peek at the readme and followed that to randomized_picks.json. For some reason, safety overrides was given a vastly higher base probability than any other mod. So just drop that way down, and it should give you better distribution.

michail

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2023, 07:56:27 AM »

Thought I'd announce it properly.

I won't be maintaining this mod anymore (or any other). Anyone is welcome to fork if you so wish. Starsector was fun for a while, but its exploration is too shallow to keep my attention. Yeah, there's a new patch, but I don't have high hopes for it in terms of my own enjoyment and too burned out to try it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]