Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 2 small feature requests  (Read 389 times)

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
2 small feature requests
« on: June 06, 2021, 12:59:29 PM »

Ok, so just a few quality of life improvements that I think would be easyish to implement

1.  the ability to write your own system notes / captains log.  like how we have those intel reports we get, it would be nice if we could make our own, such as to mark that there is a mining station in the system that I left because my cargo was full.  or if you find a good planet you want to flag essentially.  I'm sure a lot of us just alt tab and use a note pad, but it would be nice to have an ingame system, and you can just have them show as intel reports, we just need the ability to make them.

2. New order, to be able to issue the order to vent flux,  There are a few times where one of the other bigger capital ships is behind the line and I'm thinking VENT VENT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! Maybe something you might not want for balance ect, reasons.

Thank you Alex,
New version is fantastic!!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 2 small feature requests
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 01:08:30 PM »

Just wanted to say, #1 is is on my list - I'd really like to get some kind of very basic notes-taking function into the game, where they'd be custom intel items you can plop down. Details extremely TBD, of course!

Re: an order to vent, hmm. I understand *wanting* to do that, but I'm not sure it'd be a good idea. It's pretty micro-managy and if you can do that, then why not an order to use the ship system, or to fire its missiles, and so on. It just leads down a path I don't like. I mean, ultimately that'd be limited by command points, but... hmm.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 01:26:45 PM »

On the subject of allied flux, it would be really really useful to see ships' flux on the tactical screen without clicking on them. Peak performance time is not even visible at all.

RE vent command: maybe add an avoid-like order you put on your own ships to make them act timid?

Hey! Civilian ships could start with that order instead of having special hidden logic.

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 12:03:38 PM »

I understand about the flux thing, I get what you mean, and awesome about eventual notes, thank you :)