Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Did this last update buff [redaacted] to the ***?  (Read 7350 times)

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Did this last update buff [redaacted] to the ***?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2021, 08:52:29 AM »

If I was in your place I would change my attitude , Lieutenant. Or you can earn privilege to space walk without space suit.
But answering your question.
Yes, they are tougher mainly because of two aspects.
>Their AI cores - that are more fearful than any human officer and usually also more skilled
>The disappearance of many wide fleet buffs from player side
Now both of this points are easily deducted if you studied available materials in form of Blogs or Patch notes.
It looks like you are slacking Lieutenant. You serve here long time and that gross negligence can't be ignored. I think it for the best that you will be relieved from your current command and send to Potato Peeler Section.
Cheers

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2021, 02:52:30 PM »

what i said; 'did X become stronger?'

what idiots heard; 'wah they are too strong'

seems there is a surprisingly high ratio of idiots about, almost 1:1 with helpful people far as i've seen. which saddens me, i had thought this community better.

the 'quotes', as you put it, was because i was 'quoting' YOU.

my attitude is fine, until some ass hat puts words into my mouth, and presumes FAR more than what was said.

Badger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2021, 05:28:15 PM »

I don't know about an increase in remnant strength, have only played the latest version. But re how strong they are now - Radiants are strong, the rest just seem best-in-class level base ships (which you can match / almost match) and probably weaker than your buffed fleet with good officers, fitting, s-mods etc.

Without the Radiant redacted wouldn't be a challenge at all.

Even with Radiants everything is a joke with a Ziggurat. You can easily solo remnant fleets Radiants and all with that broken ship.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2021, 06:14:34 PM »

try starship legends. gives them quite a buff, and penalizes you for playing poorly. is my favorite mod.

and yer right, the other ships should be buffed to bring em um to the same level as radiants (for their weight class)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2021, 02:08:48 AM »

Speed became more important now, and Paragon doesn't benefit from either tier 5 combat skill. Try Fury out.

Badger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2021, 11:47:34 AM »

try starship legends. gives them quite a buff, and penalizes you for playing poorly. is my favorite mod.

and yer right, the other ships should be buffed to bring em um to the same level as radiants (for their weight class)

Starship legends looks like a good mod with an interesting idea, I personally decided against it because I don't want to deal with endless partially random small buffs and debuffs. Just a preference.

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 01:56:55 PM »

Even with Radiants everything is a joke with a Ziggurat. You can easily solo remnant fleets Radiants and all with that broken ship.

This is nothing, which not could have been done with a Paragon with non Omega Weapons anyways.

The Ziggurat allows faster conclusion of Battles but it can only be deployed twice in succession and ablates it's hull due lack of shields. I was able to do way more with my Paragon with non Omega Weaponry, than i can do with my Ziggurat even with Omega Weaponry now. The Advantage of the Ziggurat is, that it kills faster. But it can still not do as much as a well configured Paragon. The only difference why it seems to be broken is, that you need different skills and tactics for each of these.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2021, 02:21:48 PM »

I..uh...I don't think you're seeing the scope of how much damage a Ziggurat does when player driven.

You don't need multiple engagements with it. Just the one is enough.

And no it does the same regardless of the weapons being [Hyper-Redacted] or not. It's also supremely tanky if you integrate reinforced bulkheads and heavy armor on it plus the required addons. You just trade shots with the enemy using phase to cycle through your burst weapon(s) faster and everything, everything dies.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 02:26:03 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2021, 02:59:11 PM »

You don't need multiple engagements with it. Just the one is enough.

Look at my Video. Then you will notice, that I know that one single Engagement is enough to get fleets done.  ;)

I don't mean multiple Engagements during a single Battle. Multiple Engagements means, that you have to wait several days to recover CR after getting an Battle done. A frequent Situation is, that you encounter a batch of Fleets or several Ordos, which want to battle one after another. With a Ziggurat you can fight only 2 Battles in close succession. After that you have to retreat due low CR. Even when there are only 5 enemy frigates left because your Ziggurat has 0 CR left.

The Ziggurat uses 50 % CR per Deployment. A Paragon uses only 20 %.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2021, 03:07:18 PM »

The Ziggurat uses 50 % CR per Deployment.
There's y'er problem: You haven't stuck enough D-Mods on it! :P
(Excepting that D-Mods only reduce the cost to restore CR, unlike what the wiki says.)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2021, 03:19:32 PM »

I know that one single Engagement is enough to get fleets done.

or

The Ziggurat uses 50 % CR per Deployment. A Paragon uses only 20 %.

Pick one
and let that be your statement. Losing 50% CR not only is not an issue for two back to back engagements if you got 100% (even justv 85) Combat Readiness but it's also something that does not influence actual in combat performance either.

You optimally want the best ship to command possible for yourself so that you can have the best chance at beating whatever it is you're facing. Ludd's Angry Broccoli could lose 100% combat readiness each engagement and I would still pick it over the Paragon if it came down to combat performance.
Stick Efficiency Overhaul into that Moloch-Cursed Abomination if that CR hit really bothers you, but don't let that awfully minor inconvenience prevent you from realizing the fact the Zig is the strongest ship in the game the player is allowed to pilot, in both vanilla and the vast majority of the modiverse that has not completely lost their collective marbles when it comes to balancing their content.

The AI Paragon vs AI Zig discussion I am not going to cover extensively, because it makes no sense whatsoever. A mentally defective child Pather infected by a man eating nanite swarm unleashed by TriTachyon could probably still master the way the Paragon fights while the Ziggurat, being a phase ship, tremendously scales with player skill and tactical awareness, both of which the AI lacks a whole lot of.

I'm really wondering tough, I have not played with the Zig all that much, but what would even be the reason you'd let the AI drive it instead of yourself?
Super ship worth 75DP, unique in the sector, chance of losing it forever?
Ah, whatever, give it to Jimmy the Reckless officer with all the wrong skills for it. I want to drive that Overridden Hammerhead instead.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 03:27:51 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2021, 04:42:44 PM »

Pick one

Somehow you still don't understand. The large size of the letters doesnt make it better. So i explain again:

Imagine you have Pirate raid.

1. You shoot fleet one and two combined in first engagement. Done perfectly.
2. After that you loot your loot and fly away. The next pirate fleet comes. It's also eased away despite some malfunctions due low CR.
3. But then 5 little frigates want to battle your fleet. The Ziggurat has now 0 % CR unless you wait for a long time. What now?

The Paragon needs 5 Days to be ready for next battle and is hard to be hunted down to 0 % CR. The Ziggurat needs 16 Days and this makes it easy to be hunted down to 0 % CR. Keeping a minimal fleet for maximum reward is way more risky and takes way more ingame time with a Ziggurat.

The Paragon can get the same done or even more in real game. Yes, the Ziggurat kills Simulation ships very well. But getting the random combinations in real fleets done is another task. Here the paragon is even more superior because it has shields. So back to my Point. The Ziggurat is not broken. At the end it cannot get more done in the real game than a well configured Paragon. It even needs way more ingame days to do so.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:59:48 PM by Kohlenstoff »

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2021, 05:23:47 PM »

Zigg does way more than paragon in a single engagement. Like the player can solo pretty much any fleet with it. Paragon cannot solo things, it is too slow and gets overrun. Paragon is still a strong ship, but in no way comparable to the zigg. If you want to chain battle, you can have other phase ship as well that you can switch into for easier battles. You can also use efficiency overhaul to increase the CR recovery rate. CR recovery rate is a problem, but there are plenty of solutions.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2021, 06:55:47 PM »

Imagine you have Pirate raid.

1. You shoot fleet one and two combined in first engagement. Done perfectly.
2. After that you loot your loot and fly away. The next pirate fleet comes. It's also eased away despite some malfunctions due low CR.
3. But then 5 little frigates want to battle your fleet. The Ziggurat has now 0 % CR unless you wait for a long time. What now?
Is the question rhetorical?

Even assuming that 5 little frigates would willingly chase and engage a fleet that includes a Ziggurat in this scenario, the answer should be obvious: Deploy your non-Ziggurat combat ships and smite 'em.  I mean, you obviously didn't grab the Ziggurat without having any other Warships in your fleet.  Ships like the Ziggurat are for turning the tide in tough, pitched battles, not really for rolling out in every single minor skirmish that you run into.  Surely you're not deploying Ziggy against every fleeing Kite?
Pages: 1 [2] 3