Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Independents. A new Starsector discord server  (Read 2029 times)

CarmeloLabadie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
The Independents. A new Starsector discord server
« on: June 01, 2021, 12:40:28 AM »

Hello, I was unhappy with the vague rules and their arbitrary enforcement and punishments in the other server and I noticed some other people were as well so I went and made my own. We are welcoming anyone and everyone including those banned from or otherwise unhappy with the other server. Rules are light and punishments are forgiving. Link removed, bot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 11:43:52 AM by Thaago »

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Independents. A new Starsector discord server
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 01:53:55 AM »

I'll save some time for those who are semi-interested. Dont join, its a bunch of right wing garbageholes posting offensive stuff.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 06:08:32 AM »

I'll save some time for those who are semi-interested. Dont join, its a bunch of right wing garbageholes posting offensive stuff.

Let people do their thing and you do your thing.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 06:12:56 AM »

The fact you bring in the political compass immediately makes everything else you said of less worth, as it broadcasts your bias against them.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 06:17:02 AM »

Hey look I'm better than the other side, I'll demonstrate that by throwing random insults for no reason. What could go wrong?
Please don't take me too seriously.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 06:44:45 AM »

I would have preferred the pirates, but whatever.

Since we already have a community split based on several mods, this was probably inevitable.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 06:49:00 AM »

Hey look I'm better than the other side, I'll demonstrate that by throwing random insults for no reason. What could go wrong?

Now now, this could be some sort of 4D chess advertising this new Discord server  ;)

Seriously tough, let us be civil in the Forum System, you can resolve your business with your Transponder Off while in Hyperspace if you really wish to keep this going!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 06:58:44 AM »

Since we already have a community split based on several mods, this was probably inevitable.

We do?
And here I thought this was all about blowing up pixels in space. The more you know...

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 07:20:32 AM »

Honestly, if there's a sump for discontent, and it also serves to give people who would constantly pick political fights in the other one somewhere to hang out and either scream into a pillow until they get it out of their systems, or actually settle in and start making stuff? Not seeing a problem.

Now, if brigading becomes a problem (either here or on the other Discord), that would be a different story...

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 11:33:36 AM »

This is actually a repost of a previous thread, most likely by a bot. Considering that and the response, I'm just going to lock this before it gets out of hand...