Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to unlock gates?  (Read 5457 times)

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to unlock gates?
« on: June 07, 2021, 08:35:07 AM »

Hello.
I have been browsing through the wiki as well as the forums and I could not find any specific information.
I know that the last update brought in an option to "Unlock" gates which at least from the spare information I collected allow you to fast travel across the sector.

My question is, how do I go about unlocking the device which allows me to switch on the gates?
There does not seem to be any guide or information about the wiki which quests should I be looking for and where.

Thanks for the info.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to unlock gates?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 08:41:12 AM »

Complete the galatian academy questline.

dreamdancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 12:55:02 PM »

As a tip, the Galatia missions are usually clustered and most don't have a time limit. So accept all of the available missions.

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 08:15:47 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it.

CanaldoVoid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »

Be warned, it's very, very long, and very very boring in the worst kind of way, reminds me of the bad MMORPG quests of "fetch this" "talk to that guy" "now go around the world 2 more times to fetch some more junk", it's the worst time I ever had playing Starsector in years.
The game would be better off without this.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 11:19:10 PM »

Be warned, it's very, very long, and very very boring in the worst kind of way, reminds me of the bad MMORPG quests of "fetch this" "talk to that guy" "now go around the world 2 more times to fetch some more junk", it's the worst time I ever had playing Starsector in years.
The game would be better off without this.
Be warned this is highly opinionated and, frankly, entirely untrue in both my experience and from what I've seen of the response to it.