Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Combat speed up glitch  (Read 1262 times)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
Combat speed up glitch
« on: May 31, 2021, 09:52:31 PM »

Had this happen a few times, sometimes when i call in reinforcements the entire battle speeds up by i think double. i DO have the 'speedup' mod installed, but i only use that to disable bullet time when i auto my phasing flagship. actually deleted every other line from the settings ini so im pretty sure that isnt the cause. though... i dont recall it happening before so it may be.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Combat speed up glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 08:22:21 AM »

Hmm - pretty sure that this is indeed mod related. (The only times I've seen anything similar come up is when someone is misinterpreting what's going on with the phase ship they're in and have on autopilot, but it sounds like you're already aware of this.)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 09:05:24 AM »

if i were to hazard a guess, when reinforcements join they get a little 'boost' in speed, and i think that is somehow being locked in to the entire battle. probably is that mod, but as great as bullet time is when yer flying, when ya have the battle on auto it is just a pain in the ass.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 11:20:42 AM »

Yeah, I gotcha. (I'd be super surprised if it was a vanilla issue, though, as it doesn't do anything like that, or with time compression/dilation when reinforcements arrive.)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 03:56:52 PM »

interesting, thought it did. welp, ive only had it happen like 3 times, and it hasnt made any difference. so not a big deal, and ye, most likely due to the mod. mebbe i'll find a different way to disable bullet time while my flagship is on auto later that fixes this entirely.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 08:08:53 PM »

Does the time dilation change persist if you disable the speed control (B key)?  What ship are you flying?

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 08:33:49 PM »

never thought to try. the zigg. ive deleted the rest of that mods functionality, so cant try to speed up/slow down things. but i will try to toggle bullet time next it happens. like i said, only seen it three times, so it is pretty rare

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 07:54:31 AM »

I'm 99% certain the problem would fix itself by just toggling the speed control (the "no bullet time" effect).  There's probably some kind of underlying vanilla issue that triggers it, but I suppose you could say there's a legitimate issue in SpeedUp too.  Try this version and see if the issue persists:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 02:58:53 PM »

I'm 99% certain the problem would fix itself by just toggling the speed control (the "no bullet time" effect).  There's probably some kind of underlying vanilla issue that triggers it, but I suppose you could say there's a legitimate issue in SpeedUp too.  Try this version and see if the issue persists:

is this a new version? i'll scope it out, but i havent seen the issue again since i made this post. thanks