Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: This is what all the Cores and Colony Items in the Persean Sector look like  (Read 3590 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile

Just wanted to post something short and sweet as I'm finishing off my fourth 0.95a, Midline focused Campaign. Expect something a bit lenghtier when I've finally done all the things and I get ready for the 5th one, hopefully as soon as D.R.'s Ship & Weapon Pack and Vayra's Sector are updated  :'(

I've explored every single system in my standard sized sector, built up every single one of my 4 colonies in the same system to size 6 and I'm almost done integrating 3 hullmods in every single combat ship I have, including the frigates. I've seldomly sold any cores and did just enough core farming in high danger places to allow me to actually fully survey them. Please do note I'm playing with Ruthless Sector which adds [Redacted] in space, so the overall numbers may be a bit higher.

The (almost, thanks AcaMentis :P) fully explored Sector
Spoiler
[close]
My 4 colonies:
Spoiler
[close]
Cores in my Inventory
Spoiler
[close]
Unused Relics in my Inventory (I did not do any raiding in this campaign whatsoever, despite picking up Ground Operations)
Spoiler
[close]

I'll eventually cover up my combat fleet decently, but the contingent consists of highly mobile ships with a lot of kinetic, EMP and energy damage. There's 170 Deployment Points worth of Capital ships and 100 Deployment Points worth of Frigates. I limited myself to not using phaseships, no high tech fighters and no high tech ship above frigate class. The fleet setup would totally work with Monitor Spam too, I just don't like spamming miniature Paragons across the battlefield.
-2 Officered Herald Class Battlecarriers from Torchships and Deadly Armaments, fitted for direct fire support and heavy fighters
-2 Officered Conquest Class Battlecruisers, using a special variant from Kazeron Navarchy and fitted with 2x Mjolnir, 2x HVD, 2x Squall and Arc Emitters from High Tech Expansion for PD
-7 Officered Aeith Class "Glass Cannon Gunships" From Rotcesrats, using an Ion Pulser, two IR pulse lasers and two Microrailguns from a mod I can't quite remember off the top of my head
-6 Omen Class Frigates using two Graviton Blasters from a mod I can not pinpoint right now.

Some battle screenshot spam:
Back when I had two Gryphons and 3 Conquests:
Spoiler
[close]
The 100DP frigate force encircling pirate forces before me engaging the "Full Assault" order and letting the carnage begin
Spoiler
[close]
"Where did the Persean League touch you" Asked the AI Psychiatrist to the Alpha Core
Spoiler
[close]
Conquest mostly soloing Radiants with rivers of kinetic damage and chain overloads
Spoiler
[close]
Me raging at the infuriating shield AI
Spoiler
[close]

The rest of the fleet is two tugs, two salvage gantries, 6 Atlases and 3 (or was it 4?) Promethei. The total fleet count is exactly 30. My skills are 9 in leadership (I picked Ground Operations), 5 in technology (I picked Special Modifications) and 1 in Industry (I picked Bulk Transport). I initially was planning on integrating 3 logitics hullmods on all my non-militarized capital-class logistic ships but I did waste a lot of story points on ships I did not bring into my endgame fleet so I decided not to.

Here's my modpack for anyone interested. I may write a thread with the new and improved one as soon as I start my 5th campaign with it, let me know if you'd be interested.
Spoiler
[close]

I've still got to deal with the PTSD fleet, Ludd's Angry Broccoli, the Dorito gank Squad, the completely fair and balanced mission and the Explorarium Extravaganza. Sorry I just can't be bothered with spoiler tags since I'm using them way too much already and decided to go with my nonsensical nicknames for the spoiler content. Have a good one fellow starfarers!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 06:27:46 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Rap1d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: This is what all the Cores in the Persean Sector look like
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 07:58:57 AM »

Pretty cool. Just curious, how many Hypershunt Taps did you find during this playthrough? I don't see it installed on any of your colonies, did you use any Coronal Hypershunt?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 08:01:50 AM »

Pretty cool. Just curious, how many Tapping Machines did you find during this playthrough? I don't see it installed on any of your colonies, did you use any Star Hairpins?

I have not used Tapping Machines (giggle) since I both founded my colonies in a system away from everything (including Space Boomer Tubes) and I didn't find myself having enough Colony building slots for 5 Industry buildings anyway while still building the other things I like. I think I found 2, maybe three Tapping Machines Overall!

As for the number of Space Hairpins, I'm pretty sure the standard sector always has two for you to find and play with!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:34:44 AM by Arcagnello »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 11:08:20 AM »

Ok, this is hilarious, I forgot to fully explore the two mystery planets in the core Sector: Duzhak and Penelope's Star.

This thread is a sham I tell you, this is why Ludd left us to fight Remnants in space! Surprise double Ordo out of a hyperspace storm for everyone!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 11:10:16 AM by Arcagnello »

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 11:42:57 AM »

You also forgot to fully survey at least one world in a red sun system to the top-right of The Eyrei and a black hole to the far left of the same, didn't get preliminary surveys in a red sun system straight up from Tyle and a red/yellow suns binary system (I suspect) straight left of Kumari Kandam, and apparently completely missed a red sun system directly left of Mayasura ;)

I guess the last one could have no planets, but hey, there might be important loot in there ;D.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 12:10:50 PM »

You also forgot to fully survey at least one world in a red sun system to the top-right of The Eyrei and a black hole to the far left of the same, didn't get preliminary surveys in a red sun system straight up from Tyle and a red/yellow suns binary system (I suspect) straight left of Kumari Kandam, and apparently completely missed a red sun system directly left of Mayasura ;)

I guess the last one could have no planets, but hey, there might be important loot in there ;D.

Grumble Grumble

This is why I spend half the time I could be playing Starsector on the forums.

Who knows what I'll find, it could be another Dram coming in with Integrated Safety Overrides because Alex wants to see me suffer  :'(

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 12:56:35 PM »

I think Ludd was an AI plant.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think Ludd was an AI plant.

Side note!
I have now updated the OP with the relics aswell as the AI cores.

There will come a time where I will properly count them and showcase accurate data as to what you can expect a full exploration of the sector to net you.
But this is not the day!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:33:22 PM by Arcagnello »