Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.5.0-RC2  (Read 100854 times)

captain q

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.4.0b
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2022, 11:31:24 AM »

i figured out that the "Standoff Calcutron" mod INCREASES the per shot flux gerneration of ballistic weapons instead of reducing it if you have a low flux level.
The mod says: "Ballistics start of with an 25% increase of firing speed with no flux generation increase"
If you want to achive an increased firing speed with no increased flux gernaertion the flux per shot should be reduced by 20% not 25% at the start because if you multiply the firering speed with the new flux per shot cost you will get 1.25 * 0.75 = 0.9375 which means a reduction of 6.25% of flux/s.
If you reduce by 20% you get 1.25 * 0.8 = 1

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2022, 03:38:53 PM »

These hullmods are awesome =)

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2022, 07:15:07 PM »

Love your hullmods Protonus.

I am especially a fan of the Auxiliary Ordinance Forge. Might I suggest the following change to Line 77 of UGH_AuxOrdinanceForge.java in your compiled JAR?

OLD:
Code
gun.setAmmo(gun.getAmmo() + reload);
NEW:
Code
gun.setAmmo( Math.min( gun.getAmmo() + reload, gun.getMaxAmmo() ) );
This should prevent weapons from regenerating ammo over the maximum magazine capacity.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.4.1
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2022, 10:50:18 AM »

Love your hullmods Protonus.

I am especially a fan of the Auxiliary Ordinance Forge. Might I suggest the following change to Line 77 of UGH_AuxOrdinanceForge.java in your compiled JAR?

Done.

There's also some changes to some of the hullmods. Not sure if it helps readability.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Proxima-b

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.4.2b
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2022, 07:19:06 PM »

The Maximum shield hullmod is somewhat op

Sgt.Schnitzel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2022, 04:59:59 AM »

Hey just wanted to say that im a huge fan of the hullmods.

On another note i just cant seem to get the regenerative armor percentage up no matter what value i change, help would be much appreciated ^^

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2022, 09:48:25 AM »

Question: Why do all the "counts as a logistics mod" hullmods have such a weird workaround, rather than simply being logistics hullmods?

SlightEye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2022, 12:18:35 AM »

I am having an issue running this on [0.95.1a-RC6]. while the modspecs can be found and learnd they don't appear in the mods list on the refit screen.
Also the mod_info claims the game versions should be [0.95a-RC15] while the forum post topic lists it as [0.95.1a].
Preemptive answers: Yes, I tried running this mod alone without any others on a new save.

Edit: Did some snooping of my own in the files. I noticed some differences with the vanilla hullmods.csv file. You had 2 "tech/manufacturer" fields instead of one. The first being empty like the vanilla file the other being filled "unusual". It appears that in [0.95.1a-RC6] the "tech/manufacturer" field is empty for all hullmods. Any hullmods that have anything there does not appear in the "add hullmod" list for some reason unknown to me.
So I just deleted the column with the "unusual" and they appear, now the default "Common" as everything else. I can finally do more stupid things in my brutal sector+starpocalypse+1ship fleet run that I installed this for. Yey!

Edit 2: I noticed that all other mods have the same issue. Except the hullmods that are marked learnt when starting the save, hullmods with a non-common manufacturer don't appear in the "add hullmod" menu after you learn the modspeck.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 02:17:05 AM by SlightEye »

strinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2023, 03:49:53 AM »

Hey is there any way to manually change this mod? Everything I've tried didn't work. I want to alter a few hullmods. Maximal Shields I want to remove the shield arc reduction as it's very restrictive in shipbuilding (you usually only want to use it on omni-shielded ships and 360 degree omni-shielded frigates because otherwise they die to mines), increase the upkeep, and reduce the flux per damage benefit.

T1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2023, 07:14:16 AM »

fam you should change the regen rates of bobulated armor and autostruct manufactory
both to 1%.
at current rate theyre just both awful.
hp regen is far too strong.
armor one might aswell be worthless.
you cannot die with 4% hp regen. despite dmg drawbacks no matter what. you need to be surrounded by several cruisers and or capitals to actually die.
armor regen just doesnt exist making that hullmod..... kinda..... pointless? considering how mad expensive it is in terms of op.

i had to ask a friend to change these two values for me since the mod creator did not even include editable hullmod files.
gotta decompile and recompile the whole damned jar for that and i dont have the tools for that.

i tested both 1% values in game. and take a guess. its actually fairly balanced and fun to use them now and they have a purpose to exist aswell.

take care.

DanzyDanz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2023, 09:46:24 AM »

Bumping in hope this get updated

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.5.0-RC1
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2023, 06:44:16 AM »

In v0.5.0-RC1, on the "Anti-Terminal Reactive Breakers", under the "S-mod bonus", one particular line reads "Overload time reduced by 10."

Given my testing in-game, I suspect this is supposed to say "10%"; currently the % sign is missing.
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

Lazyjer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2023, 10:01:16 PM »

Is the strike craft specialization affects drones?(e.g. timeless)

Desudesudesu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2023, 05:26:53 AM »

What does "will not be considered repaired" even mean when it comes to the armor and hull regen mods? It's as unclear as it gets.

wiike

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2023, 07:11:32 AM »

Playing on 096aRC10, Shunt Distributor and Shunt Diverted Thrusters can not be removed from a ship after build in Shield Shunt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4