Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.5.0-RC2  (Read 102992 times)

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.3.0e
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2021, 03:15:03 PM »

also a note about phase ships, currently the phase ops skill is literally one of the worst things you can get for the inverted phase dilators. if i may ask, would perhaps making some sort of exception when someone has that mod or maybe making a sort of reverse calculation, as in things that make phase jittering cool down faster makes them actually cool down slower(aka. reverse this one thing about it). the ziggurat is a horrible, horrible option for this hullmod because of the way it works as an example

theres definitely a mod that edits most of the skills to be something completely different, & modding hullmods to call for whether you have a different hullmod equipped to not allow them or change their functionality when u combine 2 hullmods is definitely a thing, so it shouldnt be impossible to have the hullmod see if you have that skill equipped then do the inverse of what the phase skill does to negate it

perhaps even not just inverse it normally but inverse it more than what the original skill/hullmod did. so that they actually provide a benefit

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.3.0f
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2021, 10:53:18 PM »

you've got a couple of mods in this that do interesting things with phase ships, which almost no other mod touches. & I noticed a lot of them use increasing the time it takes to phase/unphase & increasing the cost of doing so as a drawback, which made me wonder... would it be possible and/or make sense to make a hullmod that just drastically decreases the time it takes to be able to re-phase for flickering & weaving between shots with much more fidelity? Also probably make sense for it to reduce the cost of activating phase but increases the cost of maintaining phase proportionally, to encourage staying in phase as little as possible & discourage using it to cruise.

To put it, the Phase Frame and Inverted Dilator becomes effective when you flicker the phase. Having the Phase Cooldown as the duration of these abilities.

And yeah, I didn't think this method has been used before. Thankfully with the cooldown being a status, there's room to experiment around this mechanic.

also, just a thought; is there a way to increase the time it takes to unphase after you activate phase? bc if so you could also make an interesting hullmod that converts phase cloak into a high-tech burn drive, where maintaining the cloak costs almost nothing but activating the cloak costs a bunch more & once u activate phase you cant unphase for a while, but while ur phased the time slow is much higher than it normally would be -- enough to be faster than 0 flux. So the point of it is using it to cross long distances faster. You could abuse the decreased cost of maintaining phase to stay in phase for much longer, but, doing so would make the ship break down at a proportionally faster rate

It could be weird for the AI to work with a forced engine throttle, but then again like the mechanic aforementioned, it's not yet done before. Let's see if I could work with that.

also a note about phase ships, currently the phase ops skill is literally one of the worst things you can get for the inverted phase dilators. if i may ask, would perhaps making some sort of exception when someone has that mod or maybe making a sort of reverse calculation, as in things that make phase jittering cool down faster makes them actually cool down slower(aka. reverse this one thing about it). the ziggurat is a horrible, horrible option for this hullmod because of the way it works as an example

I am aware with this. Though I usually prefer this, if you tend to avoid the whole Phase-thing entirely, but I might implement in sometime with a script that prevents like the Phase corps skill from interfering with this.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2021, 03:19:31 AM »

What makes these mods so gullible?

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2021, 05:08:42 AM »

What makes these mods so gullible?

Just a nudge into how the hullmods would work out differently. They aren't special, they just pad in stuff that wouldn't normally be in Vanilla with some being a niche QoL.

You'd usually look into these and yeah, how I thought the name is there. Even though they're Unusual and not Gullible in the tag.

Freakycrafter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2021, 10:11:10 AM »

Hey, so for some reason this mod isn't working properly in my game, I have no idea why that is, but I'm running with a whole lot of other mods (some of which also add more hullmods).
It seems to be working fine, if i enable just your mod, but I haven't been able to pinpoint what mod causes this one to break.
The way it breaks is basically just, that you can still get the blueprints for the hullmods, however, when you want to add new hullmods none of yours show up for some reason.
This is my current modlist
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "pantera_ANewLevel40R",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "lw_autosave",
  "beyondthesector",
  "BSC",
  "Csp",
  "CSP",
  "chatter",
  "lw_console",
  "diableavionics",
  "exshippack",
  "extra_system_reloaded",
  "XLU",
  "HHE",
  "GrandColonies",
  "HMI",
  "hte",
  "IndEvo",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "MagicLib",
  "missingships",
  "more_hullmods",
  "nexerelin",
  "OcuA",
  "ORA",
  "PulseIndustry",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "remnant_command_transfer",
  "roider",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SEEKER",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "superweapons",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "UGH",
  "vayrashippack",
  "mir_np",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]
I've never tried making my own mods for Starsector, so I don't know if there is an error log/console log, which I could send you somehow, if there is please tell me, then I'll send you the log, otherwise I'll just do the old trick of disabling half of all mods and that to find out which mod is causing the issues, even if it takes an hour each time to reload the game...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 10:17:15 AM by Freakycrafter »

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2021, 09:22:35 AM »

hey if i wanted to change some of the values on the regenerative armor/hull mods what would i have to do?  neither excel nor notepad++ are showing the values i want to alter
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2021, 03:49:01 AM »

Inverted phase dilator seems to reduce the cooldown to zero. is this intentional? I just tested it on a Doom and I can spam it with zero cooldown.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.3.0f
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2021, 08:44:53 PM »

Hey, so for some reason this mod isn't working properly in my game, I have no idea why that is, but I'm running with a whole lot of other mods (some of which also add more hullmods).
It seems to be working fine, if i enable just your mod, but I haven't been able to pinpoint what mod causes this one to break.
The way it breaks is basically just, that you can still get the blueprints for the hullmods, however, when you want to add new hullmods none of yours show up for some reason.
I've never tried making my own mods for Starsector, so I don't know if there is an error log/console log, which I could send you somehow, if there is please tell me, then I'll send you the log, otherwise I'll just do the old trick of disabling half of all mods and that to find out which mod is causing the issues, even if it takes an hour each time to reload the game...

I'll see what I could do once I get the log. And hopefully decipher it...

hey if i wanted to change some of the values on the regenerative armor/hull mods what would i have to do?  neither excel nor notepad++ are showing the values i want to alter

It can be change within the jar script. I'm going to provide in the 0.3.0g version with its src files that have to be compiled to commit the changes.

Inverted phase dilator seems to reduce the cooldown to zero. is this intentional? I just tested it on a Doom and I can spam it with zero cooldown.

I'm not sure how to read this but, as far as I know, once you use phase once it turns off immediately triggering the vibrating coil effect with the bonus tied to it.

Stealth16

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2021, 11:38:18 AM »

This is my current modlist
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "pantera_ANewLevel40R",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "lw_autosave",
  "beyondthesector",
  "BSC",
  "Csp",
  "CSP",
  "chatter",
  "lw_console",
  "diableavionics",
  "exshippack",
  "extra_system_reloaded",
  "XLU",
  "HHE",
  "GrandColonies",
  "HMI",
  "hte",
  "IndEvo",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "MagicLib",
  "missingships",
  "more_hullmods",
  "nexerelin",
  "OcuA",
  "ORA",
  "PulseIndustry",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "remnant_command_transfer",
  "roider",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SEEKER",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "superweapons",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "UGH",
  "vayrashippack",
  "mir_np",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

Re-select "All Hullmods" at the bottom of the hullmod menu. The unusual hullmods aren't filtered to appear by default and you have to filter to find them. This is something you'll have to do with pretty much every modded collection of hullmods.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 09:15:27 PM by Stealth16 »

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.3.0g
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 04:01:24 PM »

Bug report:

Shunt Distributor flux dissipation percent bonus is only set to 10% instead of 20% that's indicated in the description.

10f should be 20f
Code
stats.getFluxDissipation().modifyPercent(id, 10f);

I highly suggest creating a variable that has a 20f value that you can then use on both the modifyPercent and the getDescriptionParam so that it's easier to debug.

Really fun mod btw! Cheers!

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.3.0g
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2021, 08:07:25 PM »

Shunt Distributor flux dissipation percent bonus is only set to 10% instead of 20% that's indicated in the description.
Code
stats.getFluxDissipation().modifyPercent(id, 10f);
Really fun mod btw! Cheers!

Noted. Both variables are linked now. Though it's actually 15% and neither of the two that I somehow managed to miss. ._.

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unusually Gullible Hullmods 0.4.0b
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2021, 07:28:21 AM »

https://i.imgur.com/k1KY4UI.png

Something isn't right here, seems like you can build in the shunt distributor, and remove the shield shunt and keep all the benefits of the shunt distributor. Might wanna look into that one

Chief_Curtains

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2022, 04:19:25 PM »

The hullmod Reliant Utility Drives doesn't seem to do anything when equipped to a ship. What does it mean by "dedicates an entire utility section of a ship"?

Seems like it is meant to take the place of something in order to function but I cannot figure out what that is.

Thanks for the mod! It adds a lot of excitement to the salvage search!

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2022, 05:49:07 PM »

The hullmod Reliant Utility Drives doesn't seem to do anything when equipped to a ship. What does it mean by "dedicates an entire utility section of a ship"?

Seems like it is meant to take the place of something in order to function but I cannot figure out what that is.

It improves the ships special abilities and takes up a logistics mod slot.

Chief_Curtains

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2022, 08:10:31 PM »

It improves the ships special abilities and takes up a logistics mod slot.

Ahh, got it. Thanks for the reply.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4