Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.96a] No Such Org - Phase ships and minor faction v0.4.0  (Read 141465 times)

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] No Such Org - Phase ships and minor faction v0.3.2
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2021, 07:04:54 AM »

If you add the mod to a pre-existing game, it won't add the faction planet or assign any planets to the faction, but it will add most of the ships to tritachyon or high-tech ship lists. The Azreal battlecruiser will only exist as a rare_bp, so you'd have to find the blueprint and make your own, but everything else should appear on tritachyon markets sometimes. So long as you don't somehow give any planets to NSO, the faction should not exist.

If you have the mod installed and then create a new game, it will spawn the planet and faction fully.

nDervish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2021, 04:44:00 AM »

So long as you don't somehow give any planets to NSO, the faction should not exist.
If you're using Nex and have resurgences enabled, the faction also can show up that way.

Which I was waiting for, so that they'd get a market and I could buy a good range of their ships instead of relying on salvage.  And then they showed up and decided that, for their first world, they wanted my main shipyard planet.  *sigh*  After blowing their fleet out of the sky, I found a nice class V planet, colonized it, and gave it to them instead of waiting for another resurgence event.

Bidiguilo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2021, 06:51:20 AM »

the cannon on the grim ship looks a bit wierd

Darth_Pikachu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2022, 04:41:22 AM »

There seems to be a bug where Pyres are considered to be phase destroyers, and are part of the high tech package. This is causing military fleets of other factions to have tons of Pyres in them. Or at the very least specifically, Dassault Mikoyan.
Spoiler

They also greatly infest markets.

[close]
I didn't think to screenshot it, but earlier I requested a fleet, and I swear half the fleet was Pyres. I think the simple solution would be to remove Pyres from the high tech package... I don't know if others exist, but some way to have this not happen would be nice.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 04:43:14 AM by Darth_Pikachu »

Ixzine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2023, 04:01:15 PM »

Just want to express interest in an update. Thinking about getting back into Starsector cuz of the big update, and NSO was one of my favorite faction mods because it really gave the phase skills a chance to fully shine, and let me enjoy a playstyle I normally have trouble sticking to (because most markets have 0 phase ships).

If you're busy I totally get it, I wish you success in whichever endeavors <3

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] No Such Org - Phase ships and minor faction v0.4.0
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2023, 07:15:01 PM »

Just want to express interest in an update. Thinking about getting back into Starsector cuz of the big update, and NSO was one of my favorite faction mods because it really gave the phase skills a chance to fully shine, and let me enjoy a playstyle I normally have trouble sticking to (because most markets have 0 phase ships).

If you're busy I totally get it, I wish you success in whichever endeavors <3

Quote from: Ashford
2 quick things, first off I just wanted to say thank you so much, I absolutely love phase ships and your mod has added quite a bit of stealth fleet viability I absolutely love it.
The 2nd is more of a question, so your Grim (wolf variant) is by far one of my all time favorites not only for the sprite but the functionality. My question is though, is there a way that the ion pulse can be removed? I know you have it built in but for me personally it's my least favorite en weapon? I know how to modify the sprite but I also know there is other coding there that indicates it's built in.

Thank you so much for any info and for your wonderful mod.
Thank you both for the kind words! They were helpful in finding motivation. :)

I had some energy this weekend so I updated my mod up to v0.4.0, which should handle the changes in 0.96a and to MagicLib. I've only done limited testing in missions rather than play a full campaign but the new JAR is able to invoke MagicLib 1.0+ to display the armor repair effect still so everything else should still be working just fine.

Ashford, I added a quick 'Grime' version that is a Grim but without the built in ion pulse. It's slightly slower than a Grim and doesn't get the ordnance discount that I had baked in for the built-in weapon, but it's still fun the fly around from a quick test drive.

YerRob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2023, 05:56:20 AM »

Sorry to bother, but is this new update save-compatible for people who were running the previous version on 0.96?
(Speaking of which, can confirm that everything seems to work fine in a multiple hour campaign, with the previous .95 version atleast)

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2023, 06:22:00 AM »

Sorry to bother, but is this new update save-compatible for people who were running the previous version on 0.96?
(Speaking of which, can confirm that everything seems to work fine in a multiple hour campaign, with the previous .95 version atleast)
This should be save compatible with NSO v0.3.2, my previous release. I haven't renamed any of the internal ship/hull/object IDs, so everything should be fine as long as you have an updated version of MagicLib (v1.0 or newer) as I changed my imports from the deprecated library calls to the new calls.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2023, 08:01:22 AM »

Thank you for the awesome mod, as a sucker for High Tech and Phase ships I simply luv this.

TheShadowSlayer_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2023, 12:19:32 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any reason that the NSO hullmods aren't classified as phase hullmods in the registry? It feels really weird that they're under special but not phase.

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2023, 02:59:38 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any reason that the NSO hullmods aren't classified as phase hullmods in the registry? It feels really weird that they're under special but not phase.

Good question. The answer as to 'why' is that when I originally released the mod, there wasn't a phase category of hullmods to align with.

I'll add that to the todo list if/when I update next. :)

caekdaemon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2024, 10:27:04 AM »

This is an absolutely magnificent mod, and I love it to bits. Combined with TTSC, you basically have absolutely everything that you could need for a phase only playthrough, and that gave me one of the most enjoyable experiences in Starsector that I've ever had. I even managed to conquer Chicomoztoc for Tri-Tach with this thing; clearly, the Third AI War benefited greatly from Phase technology, and the worlds of a certain mysterious branch of TT have been avenged! :D

That said, that playthrough was cut short by a certain update, and whilst I'm fairly sure that this will work in .97 with just a tweak in the config file, and more, I'm willing to give it a shot and risk a bricked save to find out, I just wanted to be sure. Is this getting an update for the latest version/is it compatible?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]