Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.96a] No Such Org - Phase ships and minor faction v0.4.0  (Read 139962 times)

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] No Such Org - Phase ships and minor faction v0.3.0
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2021, 11:21:15 PM »

So, what are the rich and lean phase tunings for? I can understand Rich increases the time dilation effect, but why would you ever use lean?

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2021, 12:17:20 AM »

So, what are the rich and lean phase tunings for? I can understand Rich increases the time dilation effect, but why would you ever use lean?
I bought it to check, it grants OP.
Seems to be a static 5OP regardless of size, which is bad, but it's useful for frigates and possibly for non-combat vessels.

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2021, 03:48:57 AM »

I guess not particularly. Just, the Revenant is very pretty resource intensive (compared to other haulers, at least) even with efficiency overhaul and exploration refit, and it flatly replaces the Pyre once you're doing larger scale smuggling or have larger cargo demands, since they have the same fuel capacity. Since you need so many revenants to meet larger cargo demands, though, you wind up with way more fuel capacity than you actually need, and the Barrow simply doesn't fill the niche due to its supply use relative to its cargo capacity compared to the revenant. Maybe a hauler with like 12 supply use and 500 cargo would be a good intermediary? Or maybe more cargo since it wouldn't be carrying as much fuel as a revenant? Or I guess it doesn't matter and we'll just keep using the revenant.
Hmm, I tend to run my fleets fuel thirsty so Revenant's fuel capacity been a feature rather than a bug to me. I'll think on it, but don't want to overshadow the Revenant.

Seems to be a static 5OP regardless of size, which is bad, but it's useful for frigates and possibly for non-combat vessels.
Lean Phase Tuning was originally supposed to have a mix of advantage/disadvantage but I was having trouble getting the code to work.

As it currently works, 5ColouredWalker is correct that it's basically a drawback to add to your ship for a bit of extra OP. Decreasing the time dilation also has the advantage of extending the Peak Performance Time of the ship in question, so very handy for frigates. I might tweak it in the future to make it more useful.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2021, 01:56:08 PM »

I guess not particularly. Just, the Revenant is very pretty resource intensive (compared to other haulers, at least) even with efficiency overhaul and exploration refit, and it flatly replaces the Pyre once you're doing larger scale smuggling or have larger cargo demands, since they have the same fuel capacity. Since you need so many revenants to meet larger cargo demands, though, you wind up with way more fuel capacity than you actually need, and the Barrow simply doesn't fill the niche due to its supply use relative to its cargo capacity compared to the revenant. Maybe a hauler with like 12 supply use and 500 cargo would be a good intermediary? Or maybe more cargo since it wouldn't be carrying as much fuel as a revenant? Or I guess it doesn't matter and we'll just keep using the revenant.
Hmm, I tend to run my fleets fuel thirsty so Revenant's fuel capacity been a feature rather than a bug to me. I'll think on it, but don't want to overshadow the Revenant.

Lean Phase Tuning was originally supposed to have a mix of advantage/disadvantage but I was having trouble getting the code to work.

As it currently works, 5ColouredWalker is correct that it's basically a drawback to add to your ship for a bit of extra OP. Decreasing the time dilation also has the advantage of extending the Peak Performance Time of the ship in question, so very handy for frigates. I might tweak it in the future to make it more useful.

tbh id put a hullmod on my phase ships that removes the time dilation even if it cost OP -- as long as it costs less than hardened subsystems. I'd pay OP just to have phase ships that can last in a long fight
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2021, 10:28:51 PM »

(No quotes because neatening nested quotes was breaking my eyes.)

Good point on it extending fight time with lean. I didn't consider that, makes a flat cost kinda make sense.

As for having phase ships last long in a fight. I'm using NSO mainly as support ships with a handful of combat ships supporting other ships. The Phase Sensor reduction means that when you start getting a combat fleet together you go from having a negative sensor footprint to having the sensor footprint of a handful of frigates.
I like to pretend no one can see the line of logistic ships behind a couple of cruisers.

"What Logistic ships. I have No Such ships."

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2021, 12:44:59 AM »

idk if this counts as a bug report but the description of the pyre implies that its got ground support package but it doesnt.
also, im sure this is bc of the name being taken by another mod but i hate the name of the ghoulie lmfao its such a cutsie name, that is almost a thematically appropriate name
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »

idk if this counts as a bug report but the description of the pyre implies that its got ground support package but it doesnt.
also, im sure this is bc of the name being taken by another mod but i hate the name of the ghoulie lmfao its such a cutsie name, that is almost a thematically appropriate name
Good catch, that is a completely valid bug report. The Pyre should have the Precision Bombardment hullmod which grants a bonus to bombardment, however it looks like the hullmod was invisible on the ship; you get the bombardment bonus, but the hullmod doesn't appear on the Refit or Codex screens. I'll have the fixed in the next update. It was a matter of having "hiddenEverywhere" true instead of "hidden" column true in the hull_mods.csv, my bad.

Yep, Ghoulie was my third choice for that ship, since the first two were 'claimed' by other mods. I'm attempting to play nice with other mods.

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] No Such Org - Phase ships and minor faction v0.3.1
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2021, 02:13:13 PM »

New Update! v0.3.1 is live and requires Magic Lib! Should be save safe.

New Stuff:
Spoiler

Deathknight Heavy Cruiser with Elite Armor Regeneration!

Elite Armor Regeneration tool tip.

The base Armor Regeneration Hull Mod:

[close]

I want to watch a video of how the Armor Regen works (and when it doesn't):
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 02:18:36 PM by Kayse »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2021, 05:40:41 PM »

i saw what it was, went "oh regenerating armor, cool, ive seen that in other mods tho", then watched the vid and was blown away that ive never before seen a regenerating armor where you can see that the armor is regenerating. 10/10, you've taken the gold

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2021, 06:16:53 PM »

i saw what it was, went "oh regenerating armor, cool, ive seen that in other mods tho", then watched the vid and was blown away that ive never before seen a regenerating armor where you can see that the armor is regenerating. 10/10, you've taken the gold
I'm glad you like it. It's is based on an armor repair hullmod by Sundog (that also showed where the armor was regenerating), so if I stand tall, it's because I stand on the shoulders of giants. :)

Thank you again to Sundog; who gave me permission to use their code as a basis for my own.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2021, 10:46:10 AM »

i wish that this is how the armor regeneration from unusually gullible hullmods would work as well. right now it is 0.15 % per second or so across all the armor and you recieve more armor damage from kinetic and fragmentation damage with the hull mod, it feels so darn useless for purposes outside of the extra armor it provides(a flat amount and 20% iirc) which makes your armor so incredibly slow to regnerate... in comparison the hull regenerates for more per second, and it increases the more hull you have lost at the cost of decreased flux vent capacity also based on hull lost

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2021, 03:20:32 PM »

I don't use this mod's faction but I do use a pair of ships from it in my build and they're great. The Dullahan is one of my favorite mod ships, I love the concept of a dedicated phase command ship and I like how it's implemented and its sprite. I have one small gripe with it though: because the small mounts use the same arcs as the original Shrike, the front right small mount can face quite far to the left/middle. It's not a problem on the Shrike but the Dullahan has its large bulbous command bridge nearby. Unlike the middle mount, the front side small mounts look receded/lower on the sprite so the front right mount aiming so far into the bridge when firing looks a little weird. I think it could have its arc tightened like the opposite mount to feel more natural.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2021, 06:45:21 PM »

I don't use this mod's faction but I do use a pair of ships from it in my build and they're great.

(i do this too, first thing i do in my campaigns is console command the system/faction out so its just a ship pack lol but then i dont use any faction mods so really its just a compliment to this mod for having ships so good i'll take that extra effort)

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »

I don't use this mod's faction but I do use a pair of ships from it in my build and they're great. The Dullahan is one of my favorite mod ships, I love the concept of a dedicated phase command ship and I like how it's implemented and its sprite. I have one small gripe with it though: because the small mounts use the same arcs as the original Shrike, the front right small mount can face quite far to the left/middle. It's not a problem on the Shrike but the Dullahan has its large bulbous command bridge nearby. Unlike the middle mount, the front side small mounts look receded/lower on the sprite so the front right mount aiming so far into the bridge when firing looks a little weird. I think it could have its arc tightened like the opposite mount to feel more natural.
Great feedback, I looked at the arcs and totally agree. That turret loses 20 degrees from the center side, which matches the angle and width of it's opposite mount.  You caught me just as I was pushing out a bug fix update so that change is now live.

Thank you for the kind words megabot, helldriver and Deshara! I read them even if I don't have a chance to respond (work has been busy the last two weeks). :)

Bug fix and polish update (v0.3.2):
Bug Fix: Deathknight overcrowding
Tweaking: Barrow supplies changed to 6/month (from 10/month)
Tweaking: Barrow base value changed to 42,000 (from 100,000)
Tweaking: Dullahan base value changed to 50,000 (from 40,000)
Tweaking: Ghoulie base value changed to 28,000 (from 52,000)
Tweaking: Slight narrowing of Dullahan turret arc to firing through ship.
Polishing: Improving Nusquam system generation (Probably worth stopping by the debris field for a new player). Requires a new game to see.
Polishing: Added "Phase" back to Designation of ships: Dullahan, Bansihde, Necromancer, Deathknight

Should be save game safe (let me know if I messed something up), just be aware that you need to remove the mod before installing a new copy of the mod (much like any other mod).

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] No Such Org - Phase ships and minor faction v0.3.2
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2021, 10:47:12 AM »

is it possible to use this mod without the faction? just have the ships show up randomly instead or in shops?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5