Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95a] Reputation Decay 2.3  (Read 30265 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Reputation Decay 2.3
« on: May 30, 2021, 05:07:11 AM »

Download link

A simple mod that makes reputation decay to 0 over time. You can change the rate of the decay (default 1 per month) and whether reputation should decay to 0 at all times, or if it should decay to 75 or -75 if cooperative or vengeful (true by default).

Thanks Jaghaimo and Histidine.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Reputation Decay
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 05:26:40 AM »

just wanna say, this seems like one of the things that mebbe should be vanilla. thanks for this.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 05:41:49 AM »

Would you look at this, another ista-pick mod :)

I don't have much to say about it really, aside from the cliche "Vanilla should've had this in the first place" I like to spam across my comments in the mod section of the forum, plus a big Thank you SCC ;D

Edit: I noticed the mod does not come with a folder keeping it togheder upon download, so I put all its pieces into a "repdec" and put it into my Mods folder. Does this still work? SOrry I can't try booting the game up right now!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:56:18 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 07:12:05 AM »

Yes, it will work, but I will fix it in a moment anyway. I didn't want to upload my whole directory with other junk, so I went in and selected only particular files, but then I forgot it won't be in a folder anymore...
I also forgot pirates and pathers are supposed to be hostile until now, so I will make them decay towards 50 now. Will come with toggles.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 08:12:22 AM »

hey, not sure if this was intended or not, but this decays [redacted]'s rep too. if that was intentional, i'd suggest mebbe making it an option.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 11:01:47 AM »

No, it wasn't intentional. Because I got very ambitious, it took me a long time to fix, too, but now I did. The mod operates on a faction whitelist now and custom equilibrium point and decay rate can be chosen.
https://github.com/SCC7/ReputationDecay/releases/tag/2.3

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Reputation Decay 2.3
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 03:58:31 PM »

damn, man XD, yer awesome.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 11:31:23 AM »

this is going into my "should be vanilla" collection
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Rohzdear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 12:12:07 AM »

Interesting mod. Would certainly like to try a playthrough with it.

I got some questions. Similar to the [Redacted] question above, would this make pirates slowly default to 0 REP with you over time? I think a more natural behaviour would it be for REP to increase or decrease to whatever original REPutation you had with the faction at the start of the game, so Pirates would need to be constantly pacified or else the rep would slowly decrease again to its original and such.

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 12:28:36 AM »

I wonder how this works with Nexerelin and it's dynamic faction relationships.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 12:54:01 AM »

seems to work just fine for me thus far
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2021, 01:29:39 AM »

I got some questions. Similar to the [Redacted] question above, would this make pirates slowly default to 0 REP with you over time? I think a more natural behaviour would it be for REP to increase or decrease to whatever original REPutation you had with the faction at the start of the game, so Pirates would need to be constantly pacified or else the rep would slowly decrease again to its original and such.
Currently it works with a csv file describing factions, their equilibrium points and the decay rate.

I wonder how this works with Nexerelin and it's dynamic faction relationships.
The mod will not care. If you have faction events enabled, I would say my mod is superfluous, but you do you.
It's also worth noting that I can't just blanket set all factions to decay towards 0, because of boss factions, so none of mod factions will decay.

If you want mod factions to have their reputation decay, too, you can make your own .csv file (or edit the one in the mod) and put any mod factions you want there, you just have to know their ID. Due to how the file is loaded, you can put any mod factions there, regardless of if you have their mods enabled or not.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 12:25:49 PM »

If you want mod factions to have their reputation decay, too, you can make your own .csv file (or edit the one in the mod) and put any mod factions you want there, you just have to know their ID. Due to how the file is loaded, you can put any mod factions there, regardless of if you have their mods enabled or not.

Wooo, that's perfect.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 04:28:16 PM »

Much appreciated.

A couple of suggestions;
1) A setting so that holding a commission with a faction will prevent your rep with them from decaying below a certain point, and/or reduce rep decay rate.
2) Per-faction thresholds and rates. So, say, pirates will rapidly trend towards -50 unless you put in the effort to get above 0, whilst independents will gradually trend towards 0 no matter what, and so on.

Obviously that last one will be a bit more complicated, but it could add a bit more flavour to the factions.

Also agreeing with folks saying 'should be vanilla' too.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 12:01:48 AM »

Your second suggestion is already implemented. Check out data\config\repdec\repdecFactionSettings.csv (or something like that, I'm not at my PC currently).
Pages: [1] 2