Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [0.95a] Plight of the Valkyries  (Read 14867 times)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Plight of the Valkyries
« on: May 28, 2021, 02:18:50 PM »

Behold a bunch of dirty kitbashes! Made by me for you to fly and criticise. They'll all spawn in various factions fleets and markets and are available for you to salvage, buy and build (provided you can find the blueprints).

No dependencies.
https://dropmb.com/bSBYT

Feedback always welcome. You want something tweaked, let me know and I'll do my best to meet you half-way. This has basically turned into a testing ground for other stuff and needs a major do-over but it works and that's enough. A large amount of content was ripped for my other mods (Of Ludd and Lions / Everybody Loves KoC) which I can assure you are of higher quality.

Latest version: 0.1.26a

Old snapshots:
Spoiler
0.25d:

0.23d:

0.20d:

[close]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 02:56:17 PM by Great Wound »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Plight of the Valkyries
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 03:03:04 PM »

Stubbyslaught is so Ludd-forsakenly cute.

I can slap this onto an ongoing campaign right?

Edit: I think I've seen the hangar bay Sheperd and the Hangar bay Buffalo in some other mods tough, are you the author of those?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 03:11:31 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 03:09:55 PM »

Everything works fine when you add it to existing games in my experience.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 03:12:29 PM »

Everything works fine when you add it to existing games in my experience.

Wee, into the ongoing campaign it goes then!

Addendum: I've edited the post above with some extra information by the way. Sorry I forgot to write it :P

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 03:17:28 PM »

Aha! I found the mod that had them, it's BigBeans Ship Compilation ( https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21358.0 )

I assume you're one of the chaps listed as "Various authors from the Spiral Arms thread" in the same thread then!
I've already got the above mentioned mod installed, does this modd add another identical set of ships or are they going to merge?

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 03:29:35 PM »

Aha! I found the mod that had them, it's BigBeans Ship Compilation ( https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21358.0 )

I assume you're one of the chaps listed as "Various authors from the Spiral Arms thread" in the same thread then!
I've already got the above mentioned mod installed, does this modd add another identical set of ships or are they going to merge?

I'm afraid not, this is a case of convergent kitbashing. You'll get another pair.

Mine have 1/3 bays and the Converted Cargo Bay h-mods so the fighters perform worse.  So the little one is objectively worse and the big one makes up for quality with quantity.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 06:19:05 PM »

I'm afraid not, this is a case of convergent kitbashing. You'll get another pair.

Mine have 1/3 bays and the Converted Cargo Bay h-mods so the fighters perform worse.  So the little one is objectively worse and the big one makes up for quality with quantity.

Those arent kitbashes, those are unused ships sprites in the basegame called munitions f1 and f2.
Seeing so many modders just using straight up without altering them sure is something else  :P

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 04:06:05 AM »

Huh, the more you know  ;)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2021, 03:44:51 AM »

Hello again! Just wanted to drop by for a few more pieces of deedback!

1) It would be nice if the OP also mentioned the fact the mod adds 9 (8 of which modular) new weapons! They honestly would pull in as many people to install the mod as the ships themselves since they seem very interesting so far! The mod adds:
1)Pilum LRM (small missile mount variant of the Medium PiluM)
2)Annihalator Rocker (is this a typo?) (Small missile version of the Annihalator Rocket Pod)
3)Thor Cannon (single barrel, medium ballistic mount version of the Mjolnir)
4)Particle Cannon (have not seen it yet)
5)Shayu Cruis Missile (another typo? I have not found this yet)
6)X Pulse laser (have not found it yet)
7)Maiden MRM
8)Maiden MRM Pod (have not seen em yet)
9)Thermal Pulse Cannon (intergrated) (I assume this is a single version of the TPC?)

2) I've only noticed this on the Thor Cannon and the Pilum LRM, but if there are downgraded version of the same weapons across different mount sizes, the smaller ones generally are more OP/Flux inefficient than the larger ones for the amount of damage they do, especially if the weapon range is not decreased despite the mount getting smaller. I've only noticed this does not happen on two of the mod weapons so far:

1) the Thor is a single barrel version of the Mjolnir, it has the same range, accuracy, turret traverse and shell damage but it's worth half the OP, has half the fire rate, half the DPS and half the flux requirement per second. I would consider upping the cost of the cannon by 1-2 Ordinance Points considering 900 Range medium ballistics are quite rare and the Thor, like its bigger brother can be a sobstitute to high explosive damage.

2)The small Pilum mount is 2 ordinance Points and has 1 Pilum, this means you're getting a Pilum missile every half Ordinance Points. The Vanilla Pilum LRM Pod has 3 Pilums and is worth 7 Ordinance Points, meaning you get one Pilum every 3/7ths making this modded pilum more OP efficient rather than the opposite.

I'll have to look into other weapon types for the same thing going on, just keep in mind bringing medium/large weapon mount OP/Flux to damage efficiency and/or range to damage efficiency down to small or medium mounts can make for some very imbalanced weapons!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 03:46:42 AM by Arcagnello »

Vherkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2021, 11:18:48 AM »

It look pretty nice !  ;D
I wait a little to be sure and probably add it in my game :)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2021, 11:52:03 AM »

1) It would be nice if the OP also mentioned the fact the mod adds 9 (8 of which modular) new weapons! They honestly would pull in as many people to install the mod as the ships themselves since they seem very interesting so far! The mod adds:
1)Pilum LRM (small missile mount variant of the Medium PiluM)
2)Annihalator Rocker (is this a typo?) (Small missile version of the Annihalator Rocket Pod)
3)Thor Cannon (single barrel, medium ballistic mount version of the Mjolnir)
4)Particle Cannon (have not seen it yet)
5)Shayu Cruis Missile (another typo? I have not found this yet)
6)X Pulse laser (have not found it yet)
7)Maiden MRM
8)Maiden MRM Pod (have not seen em yet)
9)Thermal Pulse Cannon (intergrated) (I assume this is a single version of the TPC?)

There's more: 15 weapon in total (if you count the three integrated ones).

10) Mad Maiden

Integrated Weapons
11) Mk7 Autocannon
12) Wayland Assault Gun

Single Shot Missiles
13) Maiden MRM (Single)
14) Salamander (Single)

15) There's also a twin-linked variant of the Mjolnir (also called the Thor) - Really should remove this at some point.

Not sure where the typos came from, they're not there in my version... corrupted in transit.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2021, 09:16:24 PM »

Behold a bunch of dirty kitbashes! Made by me for you to fly and criticise. They'll all spawn in various factions fleets and markets and are available for you to salvage, buy and build (provided you can find the blueprints).

No dependencies.

Link: https://ufile.io/vws4w394

Feedback always welcome. You want something tweaked, let me know and I'll do my best to meet you half-way. It's still a WIP so no doubt something is wrong somewhere....

I can not download it! The download link has expired. Can you update?

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 01:15:14 AM »

Away from home atm, will do so in a couple of days.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 05:01:35 PM »

I can not download it! The download link has expired. Can you update?

Updated it for you. Main change is I've "removed" the mudskipper, tote, and lug and added the Mora2.

The Mora2, Lasher and Wolf will be migrating to Ludd and Lions soon(ish) so I can give them their appropriate faction hullmods.

Other potential changes I'm considering rolling in from other messes I'm wallowing in are a couple of additional (minor) factions and a few more monstrosities:

Pages: [1] 2 3