Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2% idle with low fps... 13% of ram used with 7.5gB of available VRAM  (Read 1450 times)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

I love AMD. anyone found any kind of fix yet? comp has MORE than enough oomph to run ten copies of this game... if it would use my resources.

Mr.PewPew

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Can you post your system specs? Your post is very vague.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

16gb DDR4, 3.6 ghz 6-core ryzen 5 2600x, SSD, radeon rx590. think that is all the relevant points. using the console mod it shows you your resource usage, which is where the 13%/7.5 numbers came from, though i can see the same result via task manager. game stutters nearly constantly,and last time i tried resolving this the only 'answer' was to buy an nvidia card.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

Picked up an nvidia geforce GT710awhile back, and just plugged it in out of curiosity. AMD should be *** ashamed when a card with 1/4 the specs outperforms their product. higher overall fps, and even smoother at lower fps.

i hate AMD so much.

edit - well, never mind. runs better in the galaxy view, but in combat fps plummets to about 20.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 05:32:27 PM by Stormy Fairweather »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

What mods are you using, if any?

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

running a few, including nex. i have disabled the graphics part of graphicslib, which helps, but even when running without any mods at all i get this. its my system, been *** since i had it built two years ago and never quite figured out why. think it is the monitor, and some *** with refresh rates. cause i dont ever drop below 50fps, and am usually over 80, but it LOOKS like ***. it is least worst with freesync on, and adaptive sync off... but i have tried all combinations i can think of.

i just dont understand why the game chugs along, while i have all these resources available it aint using.

Clouden

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: 2% idle with low fps... 13% of ram used with 7.5gB of available VRAM
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 11:08:34 AM »

I had a similar issue a while back. Starsector just wouldn't use all my pc's specsand more specifically my gpu.
I had to manualy turn off the onboard gpu on my mobo from the bios settings to finally get it to use my nvidia gtx 1080.
Worth a shot if you want to keep using your AMD.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 2% idle with low fps... 13% of ram used with 7.5gB of available VRAM
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 03:57:22 PM »

my system doesnt have an onboard video card.