Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 150506 times)

ChaosRF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.1 - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2022, 02:11:10 PM »

Thanks for the mod and opportunity to start modding, I modified the code for personal use to destroy any debris\derelict wrecks that fly over the map to prevent bottomfeeding from faction wars. So getting a capital is only posssible if it was actually fought.
Further modification I'm dreaming to use is an ability to disable "survey missions" or make them a bar event and only when commissioned.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 02:26:01 PM by ChaosRF »

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2022, 07:45:29 PM »

I've had this mod on for a couple playthroughs and have been enjoying the rustbucket fleet and stingy markets (good work on that! I like the mod even if I'm about to get a little annoyed), and initially liked the idea of stingy recoveries until I realised I'd gotten to the midgame and completely failed to find a single incident of unopened sleeper pods or other similar special salvage events.

... and so I checked Github to discover that the mod runs a constant script that purges all special salvage data from salvagable entities (and debris fields) in the player's current location, not just the ship-is-recoverable salvage data.

I feel this should be pretty clearly signposted if it's an intentional difficulty change because it's not mentioned anywhere and I went in with the assumption it would only touch the vanilla "ship is recoverable" salvage special. It also probably should be changed because it appears fairly aggressive and could easily break mods or even vanilla (I haven't checked but iirc there's an issue on Github about it breaking the Hamatsu interaction)

Chryvrius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2022, 03:31:40 PM »

I've had this mod on for a couple playthroughs and have been enjoying the rustbucket fleet and stingy markets (good work on that! I like the mod even if I'm about to get a little annoyed), and initially liked the idea of stingy recoveries until I realised I'd gotten to the midgame and completely failed to find a single incident of unopened sleeper pods or other similar special salvage events.

... and so I checked Github to discover that the mod runs a constant script that purges all special salvage data from salvagable entities (and debris fields) in the player's current location, not just the ship-is-recoverable salvage data.

I feel this should be pretty clearly signposted if it's an intentional difficulty change because it's not mentioned anywhere and I went in with the assumption it would only touch the vanilla "ship is recoverable" salvage special. It also probably should be changed because it appears fairly aggressive and could easily break mods or even vanilla (I haven't checked but iirc there's an issue on Github about it breaking the Hamatsu interaction)

Dang! I was just about to pick this up and run a new game with it too. Too afraid of having things irreparably break = (

Late late edit:
Realized you can toggle off stingy salvage in the configs. Though, I would have liked to use it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 12:05:07 PM by Chryvrius »

meowpeow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2022, 08:22:49 PM »

I like this mod.

I want to mention that during mid-lategame I have many frigates from shops, and few capitals from derelicts, but almost none of cruisers

So I need to buy them from those bar TriPod traders or wait till I get heavy industry at colonies.

This way gameplay is much more interesting, because you need to have colonies now so you could fight high level fleets of Hegemony/Remnants and bounties (or you losing too much frigates, even capitals)

Cheers

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2022, 03:27:37 AM »

Love the mod. In particular, I like stingy recoveries ("Remove all ships from salvageable debris fields and always require a story point to recover a ship...").

Suggestion: also include an option to remove all capitals floating in the middle of nowhere ready to be taken, including XIV legions. I know, I'm sick.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2022, 02:21:59 AM »

Long overdue bugfix update: https://github.com/jaghaimo/starpocalypse/releases/download/2.3.2/starpocalypse-2.3.2.zip

- Fix Nexerelin exploit with governed markets.
- Fix derelict pruning script not being transient.
- Update stingyRecoveries description to include cryopod officers and others.

This is most likely the last release - I am fully focusing on Stelnet and future (Public Companies) mods.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 11:52:00 AM by Jaghaimo »

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2022, 09:25:32 AM »

Thanks! Time to give the salvage option a shot now that that's fixed, might be fun.

beleedad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2022, 03:57:59 PM »

Loving this mod. Thanks for making it. This is now an essential for any game. Way, way more fun to have to hunt and earn better ships n stuff.

B

Chryvrius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2023, 03:37:49 PM »

Long overdue bugfix update: https://github.com/jaghaimo/starpocalypse/releases/download/2.3.2/starpocalypse-2.3.2.zip

- Fix Nexerelin exploit with governed markets.
- Fix derelict pruning script not being transient.
- Update stingyRecoveries description to include cryopod officers and others.

This is most likely the last release - I am fully focusing on Stelnet and future (Public Companies) mods.

Hey hey! Thank you for the bugfix. Even though this is the last update, do you have intentions to keep it up-to-date when new versions of the game release, assuming they don't horrendously break everything?

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2023, 01:37:05 AM »

748279 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/alcoholism/itemPlugins/AlcoholItemPlugin
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/alcoholism/itemPlugins/AlcoholItemPlugin
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.X.getNewPluginInstance(Unknown Source)
   at starpocalypse.helper.DropTableUtils.removeBlueprintPackages(DropTableUtils.java:17)
   at starpocalypse.StarpocalypseMod.disableBlueprintDrop(StarpocalypseMod.java:125)
   at starpocalypse.StarpocalypseMod.onApplicationLoad(StarpocalypseMod.java:32)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.api.alcoholism.itemPlugins.AlcoholItemPlugin
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)

Not sure what's conflicting where, but this mod seems to be broken after I updated a few other mods

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2023, 02:06:15 AM »

@Euripides
The crash happens in vanilla code. It fails on AlcoholItemPlugin cleanup which indicates a problem with abusive substance mod. I could see it happen if you updated it (or, god forbid, removed) midway of your save. Or if there was a problem with the mod in the first place.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2023, 02:09:00 AM »

Hello Starpocalypse users. I bring sad news to you today - I am not planning to continue Starpocalypse support into 0.96a in the foreseeable future. As such, I will be locking this thread, and archiving the repository. Anyone is welcome to fork the code and do whatever they want with it. I might come back to this project at one point, but for now my full focus is on Stellar Networks.

Have fun with the new update :)

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2023, 05:26:28 PM »

Thanks for the fantastic mod. One of my favorites! Where should we discuss branches / unofficial updates for it?

Edit: as others on the unofficial discord have noted, it appears to work with 0.96a, provided you edit mod_info.json.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 07:15:24 PM by ApolloStarsector »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2023, 12:55:26 AM »

@
Thanks for the fantastic mod. One of my favorites! Where should we discuss branches / unofficial updates for it?

It's really up to you. Here, new thread, Discord. Once there's a dedicated person / team that wants to take over the mantle, I'd suggest releasing 3.0.0 with official 0.96a support in a new thread. Then I can point people there in the OP, and lock this one.

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2023, 07:33:24 PM »

I made a fork and made the updates that seemed to be needed to get this working with 0.96a.

As soon as I can figure out the github actions permissions sorted out I'll push up a release for download. A 0.96a release is now available for download.

https://github.com/frakern/starpocalypse/releases/download/3.0.0/starpocalypse-3.0.0.zip

Anyone else who wants to work with me on this, please reach out and we can discuss future plans.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 11:26:58 PM by starman13 »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15