Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 150715 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.0.0 - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2021, 10:07:20 PM »

I feel like while removing nanoforges from planets more or less works out, i think it would be better if the synchotron cores stayed. It leads to planets with high command being incredibly ***, with massive fuel shortages (holy ***, sindria is not okay) - not to mention fuel prices being very high.

Sometimes, i stare at how many credits it takes to refuel, and i cry.

Shouldn't Sindra be one of the few planets that does have a Synchotron Core, since lore wise their entire "thing" is fuel production?

Perhaps there should be a white list for a few things they're allowed to keep, such as a Synchotron Core for the Sindrian Diktat and and a Corrupted Nanoforge for the Hegemony (given that they're known for their fuel and the size of their military respectively).

In order to make those harder to steal... is it possible to arrange it so you have to disable their space station before being able to take it? It is a major part of their infrastructure after all, kinda noticeable if you take it. Then have a large, dedicated, defence fleet attached to that station that can't be lured away.... and as a result the only way you're taking that item is through total war.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:33:07 PM by Oni »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2021, 03:19:18 AM »

Shouldn't Sindra be one of the few planets that does have a Synchotron Core, since lore wise their entire "thing" is fuel production?

I will probably change the behaviour in the next release - remove the items (so player cannot steal them), but keep the bonuses (so it doesn't mess the economy). Perhaps slightly less bonus for nanoforges (4 instead of 5 for pristine, 2 instead of 3 for corrupted).

In order to make those harder to steal... is it possible to arrange it so you have to disable their space station before being able to take it? It is a major part of their infrastructure after all, kinda noticeable if you take it. Then have a large, dedicated, defence fleet attached to that station that can't be lured away.... and as a result the only way you're taking that item is through total war.

Hmm, this gave me the idea of true garrison fleets - in order to raid you need to disable stations, but when you do a new garrison fleet is mobilised to defend it (FP based on tier of station).

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2021, 09:59:14 AM »

... I will probably change the behaviour in the next release - remove the items (so player cannot steal them), but keep the bonuses (so it doesn't mess the economy). Perhaps slightly less bonus for nanoforges (4 instead of 5 for pristine, 2 instead of 3 for corrupted)....

I'd recommend against giving "invisible" bonuses to the AI, it'll make things feel arbitrary... you could, if you want to go that far, give that world a unique structure/industry (replacing whatever industry produced the thing in question) that gives the desired bonus. Call it something thematic for whatever bonus you want and say they store proprietary specialized techniques and equipment there, thus it's something that can't simply be stolen. You have to take the entire colony to get it, though you'd have to make sure the world can't double up on the thing in question and get super bonuses (ie can't use another item or a normal Industry alongside the special one). No need to mess with nonoforge bonuses that way either.

Heck, maybe the structure gives an even better bonus than the item. For the example of Sindria say that it's "A Synchrotron Core embedded deeply into a specialized facility, boosted with techniques developed by the Diktat over generations" and have the structure give a 5 fuel production boost instead of 3. If the player takes the colony then they can use the structure and get the bonus, or they can demolish it and get a Synchrotron Core but never be able to build it again.

... Hmm, this gave me the idea of true garrison fleets - in order to raid you need to disable stations, but when you do a new garrison fleet is mobilised to defend it (FP based on tier of station).

Key worlds would be heavily guarded, but I'd advise against making them too common. As it would render raiding at all a useless mechanic.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 11:26:12 AM by Oni »

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2021, 03:51:26 AM »

Is anyone finding that the download from github is missing the mod_info.json file? The download doesn't contain it and my launcher doesn't detect the mod.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2021, 08:53:13 AM »

Is anyone finding that the download from github is missing the mod_info.json file? The download doesn't contain it and my launcher doesn't detect the mod.

This happens when you download source code instead of the release. Download file named starpocalypse-2.0.0.zip.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2021, 05:08:47 AM »

I will probably change the behaviour in the next release - remove the items (so player cannot steal them), but keep the bonuses (so it doesn't mess the economy). Perhaps slightly less bonus for nanoforges (4 instead of 5 for pristine, 2 instead of 3 for corrupted).

I still think the more interesting thing would be to change the requirements and consequences of raiding for a colony item, but I also understand just how much more work that would be. (Really, this is something I should be bugging Alex about...)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2021, 05:50:54 AM »

I do agree. But as you said, the scope of work is large. In fact, it is larger than the sum of everything I did in this mod so far.

Perhaps you could advocate for such change in the Nexerelin instead?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2021, 06:19:11 AM »

I was about to say, raiding a colony item seems like the thing that'd get a vengeance fleet sent against you.

The biggest hurdle, IMO, is the ability to use a story point to prevent anyone from knowing who you are, as narratively that restricts a lot of otherwise good responses.

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2021, 02:02:13 PM »

I just wanted to take a second to say thank you for making all of this behavior configurable! I really like some of the changes (market scarcity) and don't love others (removing factions' colony items) and being able to select which parts are applied is perfect.

Edit: After using it a bit more, one suggestion I'd make is to re-introduce the random number of d-mods on ships in markets. I'm not super worried about the credit cost discount mentioned by others, it simply feels very off that they all have exactly one d-mod.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 04:43:27 PM by Chronia »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2022, 01:35:39 PM »

I think I took account of everything in this discussion:

Code
    ## D-MODS FOR ALL
    # Damage pristine ships that the player can buy.
    "addDmodsToShipsInSubmarkets": true,
    # Damage pristine ships in player's starting fleet.
    "addDmodsToPlayerStartingFleet": true,
    # Configure min and max of d-mods each should have. Ships with less than min d-mods will roll a new number of
    # d-mods, and missing number of d-mods will be added. Ships with more that min (and more than max) are ignored.
    # Used by both options above.
    "minimumDmods": 2,
    "maximumDmods": 4,

## MILITARY REGULATIONS AND CONTRABAND
    # Buying or selling marines, weapons, LPCs, or combat ships is illegal unless you are commisioned with the owner
    # of the market. All affected items and ships are moved to Military Market (if present) or removed.
    "militaryRegulations": true,
    # Depending on the stability, some regulated items "magically" appear in the Black Market. The lower the stabiity
    # the bigger pool of items and ships gets leaked. Requires military regulations to work.
    "militaryContraband": true,

## BETTER MARKET DEFENCES
    # Adds a tier 1 station to all non-hidden markets that do not have a station.
    "addStations": true,
    # Add extra structures to eligible markets (Ground Defenses and Patrol HQ).
    "addExtraStructures": true,

## OTHER
    # After winning an egagement, the enemies of the beaten fleet will have a slighly better reputation of you.
    # Their allies will dislike you slighly more though.
    "combatAdjustedReputation": true,
    # Raiding for special items instantly shatters player reputation with the owner of the item.
    "hostilityForSpecialItemRaid": true,

Noteworthy:
  • item remover removed (haha), and raiding the special item will RUIN your relationships with that faction - transponder off or story points will not save you.
  • military regulations is gaining legal and illegal lists for weapons and ships both regulation and contraband gained blacklist support
  • military contraband will work on pool values instead of individual item values (say stability 10 - will "leak" 10k credits worth of goods and 20k of ships) deferred till next release
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:14:57 AM by Jaghaimo »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2022, 01:43:43 PM »

I think I took account of everything in this discussion:
Spoiler
Code
    ## D-MODS FOR ALL
    # Damage pristine ships that the player can buy.
    "addDmodsToShipsInSubmarkets": true,
    # Damage pristine ships in player's starting fleet.
    "addDmodsToPlayerStartingFleet": true,
    # Configure min and max of d-mods each should have. Ships with less than min d-mods will roll a new number of
    # d-mods, and missing number of d-mods will be added. Ships with more that min (and more than max) are ignored.
    # Used by both options above.
    "minimumDmods": 2,
    "maximumDmods": 4,

## MILITARY REGULATIONS AND CONTRABAND
    # Buying or selling marines, weapons, LPCs, or combat ships is illegal unless you are commisioned with the owner
    # of the market. All affected items and ships are moved to Military Market (if present) or removed.
    "militaryRegulations": true,
    # Depending on the stability, some regulated items "magically" appear in the Black Market. The lower the stabiity
    # the bigger pool of items and ships gets leaked. Requires military regulations to work.
    "militaryContraband": true,

## BETTER MARKET DEFENCES
    # Adds a tier 1 station to all non-hidden markets that do not have a station.
    "addStations": true,
    # Add extra structures to eligible markets (Ground Defenses and Patrol HQ).
    "addExtraStructures": true,

## OTHER
    # After winning an egagement, the enemies of the beaten fleet will have a slighly better reputation of you.
    # Their allies will dislike you slighly more though.
    "combatAdjustedReputation": true,
    # Raiding for special items instantly shatters player reputation with the owner of the item.
    "hostilityForSpecialItemRaid": true,

Noteworthy:
  • item remover removed (haha), and raiding the special item will RUIN your relationships with that faction - transponder off or story points will not save you.
  • military regulations is gaining legal and illegal lists for weapons and ships
  • military contraband will work on pool values instead of individual item values (say stability 10 - will "leak" 10k credits worth of goods and 20k of ships)
[close]

High Excellence! Looking forward to it.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2022, 02:04:55 PM »

While I agree, will this affect missions that involve you grabbing things as part of missions that aren't major components of infrastructure?
Like prisoner extractions and such... does it also count AI cores?

huntedlemon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2022, 02:06:04 PM »

Hi,

Excellent mod, really adds to the roleplaying aspect of the game. Thank you for making it.

I am having a bit of trouble getting it to work with mod factions, they all still sell gunships etc on the open market.

Ignore this, as I mentioned in discord - all working now, probably an issue my end.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 02:40:20 PM by huntedlemon »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2022, 01:20:59 AM »

While I agree, will this affect missions that involve you grabbing things as part of missions that aren't major components of infrastructure?
Like prisoner extractions and such... does it also count AI cores?

List of items that will trigger this will be configurable, by default same as current item remover - any nanoforge or synchrotron core.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2022, 02:59:57 AM »

This might just be a personal preference thing, but could you turn down the logging? Like, way down?

Currently it seems to log every action whenever it iterates through all the markets, resulting is several thousand duplicate lines of text.
(A single hour of playing fills up almost the whole log file currently.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15