Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 149784 times)

Bucket

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.1.1 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 12:33:56 PM »

This almost aligns perfectly with how I would envision a dark age Persean sector should look like. The most needed change IMO is making capital ship spawns scarce rather than just pump them out enmass with a bunch of easily repairable D-mods; This would really put the emphasis on capital in capital ships. And no it's not the market that needs fixing, it's the fleet spawns that could use composition touch ups.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.2.0 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2021, 01:30:57 AM »

New version is up - added configurability to most places. Also added a script to fix markets that were broken by 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 (duplicate industries).

Yes! If my vote counts for anything, then black markets carrying combat frigates (trashed though they may be) should definitely be default.  :D
I've left the ship selection to vanilla for now (Black Market already does not sell capitals, might tweak this further to remove cruisers as well).

Did you manage to have a blanket condition for this, or are modded factions going to have to be added independently?  ???
Yes, CSV files now accept "all" and "!faction" (not faction). Highest priority is "faction" (yes, include), followed by "!faction" (don't include if "all" is present), followed by "all" (if present, include all that are not negated).

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 11:22:46 AM »

excellent mod, following
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 04:42:48 PM »

What about combat freighters, exploration ships, etc?
Shouldn't they also be available on civilian market?
Also some basic weapons should be available on civil market for self defence.
Black market could have higher price markup for both weapons and ships(maybe some smaller and lower tech military ships to be available too).
To be honest Black Market should be connected to local Market stability.
Less stability = more stuff on Black market
High stability = less stuff and need to pay extra(bribes)
Zero stability = anarchy so legal market should almost completely turn into black one because local government have no means to enforce anything.
Just five cents.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2021, 06:17:54 PM »

For orbital stations added by the mod to markets that didn't have one, how does the mod decide the tech type of the station? Is it decided by certain parameters (i.e market's original owning faction), or is it fixed (i.e every station added by the mod is low tech) ?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, looked into the files and found my answer.
For those that may wonder too, it's faction based and set in stationFactionMap.csv.

Based on what is written there, am I right to assume that the mod only adds new orbital stations to vanilla factions' markets?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 06:27:45 PM by Helldiver »
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2021, 04:29:26 AM »

For orbital stations added by the mod to markets that didn't have one, how does the mod decide the tech type of the station? Is it decided by certain parameters (i.e market's original owning faction), or is it fixed (i.e every station added by the mod is low tech) ?

For those that may wonder too, it's faction based and set in stationFactionMap.csv.

Based on what is written there, am I right to assume that the mod only adds new orbital stations to vanilla factions' markets?

Correct, while submarket and industry changes are all opt-in by default, stations require a mapping to be defined. I did consider a similar opt-in (with "all" and "!faction" keys) but it made no sense as you can't tell which faction uses which station (so would need to default to say low tech always). Alternatively, consider providing me with a list of all mod factions and their respective station ids (custom stations included) and I'll include it in the next version.

Bugfix incoming in next few hours - industry newbies are given to the player again, my bad.

DecoyGrenadeOut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2021, 03:38:54 PM »

AppleMarineXX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2021, 05:45:19 PM »

Correct, while submarket and industry changes are all opt-in by default, stations require a mapping to be defined. I did consider a similar opt-in (with "all" and "!faction" keys) but it made no sense as you can't tell which faction uses which station (so would need to default to say low tech always). Alternatively, consider providing me with a list of all mod factions and their respective station ids (custom stations included) and I'll include it in the next version.

Bugfix incoming in next few hours - industry newbies are given to the player again, my bad.

Do you envision having modmakers add a Starpocalypse config folder to their faction mods, like with Nex and Commissioned Crews? If so, I'd be happy to throw one in my mod, but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.2.3 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2021, 10:27:52 PM »

I like this mod.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2021, 11:23:34 PM »

Is this compatible with Rusty Cabbage's Second Wave Options mod?

Should be. It will either add things to markets, then Second Wave will upgrade them, or it will not do anything if Second Wave adds them first.

Do you envision having modmakers add a Starpocalypse config folder to their faction mods, like with Nex and Commissioned Crews? If so, I'd be happy to throw one in my mod, but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

Initially it was required, but since it is a big uptake I changed defaults to use default opt-in. As such, mods still can modify the behaviour by blacklisting their submarkets or factions. All mods that want to have stations added NEED to add an entry to specify which station is to be added (and extend station list if they add new stations).
As to how - see "data/statpocalypse" folder. You make such a folder in your mod, then add files you want to modify. The game loads Starpocalypse files, and then adds (or overwrites) values using values from your mod.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2021, 09:17:14 AM »

I don't know if it's from Starpocalypse or Stelnet, but after updating both (1-2 versions up each) non-D ships no longer appear in Stelnet searches or markets. Looking for non-damaged ships-only on Stelnet also returns that no such items are found, including on new save right from the start.
30$

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2021, 02:29:10 PM »

This is correct - with default Starpocalypse settings there are no (none, null, nil, zero) ships with no (none, null, nil, zero) d-mods. Welcome to hell.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2021, 03:12:31 PM »

This is correct - with default Starpocalypse settings there are no (none, null, nil, zero) ships with no (none, null, nil, zero) d-mods. Welcome to hell.

Ah, somehow didn't notice earlier. Would replacing "submarketall!storage" with "submarketopen_marketblack_market" in shipDamageSubmarket suffice to make it only apply to Open and Black markets?

Think the mod description should be changed, as it currently only says that Open and Black markets sell inferior ships (when the mod apparently applies to all markets by default).

I'm also curious about how the mod applies the damage. Does it add D-mods to ships after they were generated by the game? Does it add them only to ships that didn't roll D-mods or to all ships? Is it a fixed number (i.e 1 to all ships) or randomized, or affected by local ship quality like regular D-mods?

Thanks in advance!
30$

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2021, 04:36:09 PM »

Yes, remove "all", add explicitly which markets you want to alter (open and black markets). With this setup, storage negation ("!storage") is no longer needed either (it was preventing "all" from applying to "storage").
It is very simple right now - any non-dmodded ship will get one random d-mod (after generation, e.g. when you dock at the market).

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2021, 04:54:58 PM »

Yes, remove "all", add explicitly which markets you want to alter (open and black markets). With this setup, storage negation ("!storage") is no longer needed either (it was preventing "all" from applying to "storage").
It is very simple right now - any non-dmodded ship will get one random d-mod (after generation, e.g. when you dock at the market).

Cheers! The d-mod generation is perfect then, simple and non-intrusive. Love the mod.
30$
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15