Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 149744 times)

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.2.3 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 04:01:32 AM »

Playing my first run with this mod, and I have a couple of thoughts:

1. Some mod ships aren't for sale anywhere. This could be intended, but for example with Shadowyards, there isn't a single Solidarity Armed Freighter for sale anywhere in my game. I think this might be because these aren't classed as Civilian ships, but they also probably aren't in the military markets either.
2. It would be my preference to see armed freighters in general markets. Is there an option to enable this? I'm thinking ships like the Gemini and Mule, which are absolutely not military ships but can only be bought from pirates or the occasional Persean military market. In my preference, it makes a whole lot of sense for "armed freighters" to be the closest ship available to a military vessel outside of military markets. Since weapons can't be acquired easily, lore wise an armed freighter might not actually have any weapons mounted.
3. Is there an option to allow PD guns in open markets? Along with #2, I feel pretty comfortable that putting anti-missile defenses on freighters would be allowed even under extremely strict arms control.
4. For Nexerelin starts with a trading fleet, it might make sense to restrict the ship options available. I can start out with the above mentioned Solidarity Armed Freighter with a full weapon loadout, making my fleet one of the most heavily armed small shipping operations in the sector, right from the start.
5. If weapons are highly regulated, should faction patrols take offense to your ships having guns mounted? Or is is it one of those situations where use is tolerated but not sale? I can't really think of a good way to handle this that is both gameplay friendly and honors the intent of this mod, but maybe you can!

Overall it's refreshing at least on my first run to not be jumping straight into a military fleet. Pirates are less dangerous in general from what I've seen, which means a few armed freighters really would be able to hold their own... if I could only find some armed freighters...

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2021, 04:44:52 AM »

• This will be fixed in the next version, where ships are no longer removed but transferred to Military Market (like weapons currently do).
  • See Contraband below
  • See Contraband below
  • Very low on priority list. I think once Hist enabled custom ship selection start this will not be an issue (as you will be able to restrict yourself by picking ships you want).
  • I have this on the list of things to investigate, but do note that it is extremely difficult to balance right (e.g. introduce this mechanic without frustrating the player a lot), and of rather low priority.
Contraband - from next version, market stability will affect which weapons, LPCs, and ships (based on cost, customizable via new csv files) "seep" through Military Markets into Black Market. The lower the stability, the more items are available in the Black Market. The items and ships are "synced", meaning purchasing on one market removes it from both markets.

Pirates are less dangerous in general from what I've seen, which means a few armed freighters really would be able to hold their own... if I could only find some armed freighters...
Interesting, I haven't touched that at all - the mod should have no implications on spawned fleets, pirates included.

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 12:33:53 PM »

Contraband - from next version, market stability will affect which weapons, LPCs, and ships (based on cost, customizable via new csv files) "seep" through Military Markets into Black Market. The lower the stability, the more items are available in the Black Market. The items and ships are "synced", meaning purchasing on one market removes it from both markets.

Nice! Excited to see how this works out.

Also wondering if ships that seep out of military markets could disappear from the military market entirely and appear on the black market of a planet in the same or nearby system, reflecting from a lore perspective that low market stability leads to some ships smuggled off world for safer sale, or ships being intercepted in transit prior to hitting the military market. I can see this maybe going too far towards making the game easier to play, but thematically and mechanically it's nice. For example I could destabilize a market of one of my enemies (whom I could probably not dock at to buy from their black market due to poor relations and high security from this mod), and then see their ships appear for sale in pirate, independent, or maybe other faction black markets. Maybe this could tie in with the Freeport concept?

There's whole lot of potential Nexerelin interaction here, but as you said before that's probably best left to Nex.

cookietrader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2021, 02:18:54 PM »

• This will be fixed in the next version, where ships are no longer removed but transferred to Military Market (like weapons currently do).
  • See Contraband below
  • See Contraband below
  • Very low on priority list. I think once Hist enabled custom ship selection start this will not be an issue (as you will be able to restrict yourself by picking ships you want).
  • I have this on the list of things to investigate, but do note that it is extremely difficult to balance right (e.g. introduce this mechanic without frustrating the player a lot), and of rather low priority.

i wish i havent read this. now i have to wait for the update to start a new playtrough ;D .

So far really cool mod. Completely changing how the game feels (for the better).
Everything feels so much more dangerous.
Finding a good weapon alr feels like jackpot. Which also makes exploration so much more worthwile.

Looking forward to the updates.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 02:21:03 PM by cookietrader »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2021, 11:52:16 PM »

Stability based contraband is now out!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:13:19 AM by Jaghaimo »

AppleMarineXX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.3.0 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2021, 02:53:54 AM »

Is there an option to configure how much contraband leaks (or stop it altogether), if someone wants to do an extra-masochistic run?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2021, 05:07:08 AM »

Is there an option to configure how much contraband leaks (or stop it altogether), if someone wants to do an extra-masochistic run?

From https://github.com/jaghaimo/starpocalypse#submarkets:
Decision which factions and submarkets of that faction are regulated is made via militaryRegulation*.csv files. Same submarkets and factions can additionally have contraband applied - see militaryContraband.csv for details.

You want to change values for both columns to something high - e.g. 999999. It will still leak everything to Black Market when stability is 0 though - haven't thought of that.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2021, 09:53:31 AM »

Would it be possible to add a whitelist for specific markets? Say a planet that otherwise would be regulated because the faction that owns it is a regulator, but because its on the whitelist it becomes exempt and all their submarkets work normally?

I'm specifically thinking of Kassadar (Tahlan) and Prism Freeport, since they are technically independent and therefore their open markets would normally be regulated.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2021, 03:56:26 PM »

1. Some mod ships aren't for sale anywhere. This could be intended, but for example with Shadowyards, there isn't a single Solidarity Armed Freighter for sale anywhere in my game. I think this might be because these aren't classed as Civilian ships, but they also probably aren't in the military markets either.
2. It would be my preference to see armed freighters in general markets. Is there an option to enable this? I'm thinking ships like the Gemini and Mule, which are absolutely not military ships but can only be bought from pirates or the occasional Persean military market. In my preference, it makes a whole lot of sense for "armed freighters" to be the closest ship available to a military vessel outside of military markets. Since weapons can't be acquired easily, lore wise an armed freighter might not actually have any weapons mounted.
3. Is there an option to allow PD guns in open markets? Along with #2, I feel pretty comfortable that putting anti-missile defenses on freighters would be allowed even under extremely strict arms control.
4. For Nexerelin starts with a trading fleet, it might make sense to restrict the ship options available. I can start out with the above mentioned Solidarity Armed Freighter with a full weapon loadout, making my fleet one of the most heavily armed small shipping operations in the sector, right from the start.
5. If weapons are highly regulated, should faction patrols take offense to your ships having guns mounted? Or is is it one of those situations where use is tolerated but not sale? I can't really think of a good way to handle this that is both gameplay friendly and honors the intent of this mod, but maybe you can!

Overall it's refreshing at least on my first run to not be jumping straight into a military fleet. Pirates are less dangerous in general from what I've seen, which means a few armed freighters really would be able to hold their own... if I could only find some armed freighters...
Given that Pirates are a thing, I would think that Small sized weapons would at least be available (if less than common) on the civilian market. As that's going to be the size most armed merchants need, maybe with the occasional extremely rare medium.

As things stand, needing to go to pirate markets to outfit any of my salvaged ships is a bit annoying... plus I'm never going to manage to outfit a ship with it's faction weapons, though that's just me.  ;D

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2021, 11:45:50 PM »

As things stand, needing to go to pirate markets to outfit any of my salvaged ships is a bit annoying... plus I'm never going to manage to outfit a ship with it's faction weapons

Independents have a few military markets too, where you can find weapons if you're trusted enough by them (not difficult). You can also find weapons of any world in their black market if stability is low enough (contraband).
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2021, 10:46:46 PM »

.... Independents have a few military markets too, where you can find weapons if you're trusted enough by them (not difficult). You can also find weapons of any world in their black market if stability is low enough (contraband).
I know, but I'd rather not manipulate a worlds stability for a few guns.  ;D

Maybe the answer lies in increasing the the weapon salvage rates (ie increase the odds that weapons drop as salvage)? If you want parts, you can hunt for them.

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2021, 07:16:10 PM »

Mod makes a lot of sense, but it makes acquiring ships from other factions near-impossible, which I like too much to keep.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2021, 03:48:47 PM »

Would it be possible to add a whitelist for specific markets? Say a planet that otherwise would be regulated because the faction that owns it is a regulator, but because its on the whitelist it becomes exempt and all their submarkets work normally?

I'm specifically thinking of Kassadar (Tahlan) and Prism Freeport, since they are technically independent and therefore their open markets would normally be regulated.

Same with planet/market added by Arma Armatura mod, although less of an issue with that mod since most of those ships/weapons are already limited to being on the military market.

Plus, small weapons for pirate defense makes sense (although this is also to some degree mitigated by the availability of mercs in the game now).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 03:53:26 PM by slowpersun »
I wasn't always a Judge...

Reggie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2021, 05:16:38 PM »

With this mod I attempted to use marines to acquire some much needed guns but doing so crashed my game every time. If this could be fixed and some settings were introduced to adjust how the market changes worked I'd definitely get this mod again.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2021, 09:57:25 PM »

Not working correctly for me. No matter how low the stability, there is never any leakage of weapons, LPCs, or non-civilian ships back onto the black market on either military or non-military colonies, even after a dozen market updates. Any factions I exclude from regulation in militaryRegulationFaction also don't appear to register, but removing open_market from militaryRegulationSubmarket does have the intended effect.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15