Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 150735 times)

Jarolegon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.2.1 - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2022, 08:28:49 AM »

Thank you for the quick response! I personally like this mod more for the sense of progression it offers rather than for adherence to lore and realistic markets. I wouldn't mind if some single missiles, single autocannons, IR lasers and low grade fighters like talons and mining pods were on the open market, while restricting high grade stuff like hephaestus gun, plasma cannon and longbow bomber to military markets exclusively(not available on black markets at all). It would mean that player could instantly dive in combat, and it would give him goals to achieve if he wants to get his hands on better stuff. So, weak weapons are available from the get go, for mid grade one has to sneak or find planets with free market, and for high grade you either get a commission or create a colony with heavy industry.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2022, 08:45:35 AM »

Pretty much, yeah, that was my goal except just a bit more drastic:

- Open Market - nothing by default really (easy mode = tier0 + <= 5 FP so like Military Market with no commission)
- Military Market - tier0 + <= 5 FP if no commission, up to tier 2 and up to Cruisers if commission (no tier3); currently you do find tier3 and capitals
- Black Market - no tier3 weapons (Alex already changed it, so you can't get Capitals from Black Market; requires sneaking in by default

What I am missing is removing tier3 and capitals from Military Market.

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2022, 05:45:41 PM »

Thanks for the big update.

Reporting a few things I noticed when I loaded the new version.

With the newest changes to the black market, suspicion seems to get reset every time I exit the planet and reenter.

Also, the black market description says there's no tariffs and that transactions with the transponder off will not attract attention, but with the default mod settings this is no longer true.

Looking through the code, am I right in understanding that the prices and stability levels in militaryRegulationStability.csv no longer determine what is available/removed from the open and black markets?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2022, 01:56:32 AM »

With the newest changes to the black market, suspicion seems to get reset every time I exit the planet and reenter.

Investigating. Will update once I know more.
Found the issue, thank you for reporting. Fixed for 2.2.2.

Also, the black market description says there's no tariffs and that transactions with the transponder off will not attract attention, but with the default mod settings this is no longer true.

Ah, that's my oversight. Thanks, will be fixed in 2.2.2.

Looking through the code, am I right in understanding that the prices and stability levels in militaryRegulationStability.csv no longer determine what is available/removed from the open and black markets?

Correct. The items are no longer moved between markets. Contraband is now directly letting some items requiring commission / higher rep to be purchasable from Military Market.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 03:05:50 AM by Jaghaimo »

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2022, 06:57:25 AM »

All my weapons are now illegal and cannot be sold, but drugs are tradable on the regulated open market  ;D
This was on a Persean League not free port market where they should be illegal.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2022, 07:09:15 AM »

All my weapons are now illegal and cannot be sold, but drugs are tradable on the regulated open market  ;D
This was on a Persean League not free port market where they should be illegal.

Thank you for the report. Fixed for the upcoming 2.2.2.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2022, 09:07:50 AM »

Hey Jaghaimo! There's a bar event where you get to order ships and stuff for about 2x the original price. These ships are pristine :D I don't know what affects the results, or if they're always pristine, but thought I'd mention it since you want everyone to fly in junks =)

Speaking of this bar event, you can grab any kind of weapons through these. But they're more of a 'personal' black market, so it doesn't matter much I think - by the time you can order these highly priced stuff, you probably have some loot from the [REDACTED] and stuff anyway.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:11:55 AM by lyravega »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.2.2 - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2022, 05:53:53 AM »

Yeah, there's not much I can do regarding those bar missions in the short run. The long run is not worth my effort (and would be an ugly solution on top). Also, contrary to my efforts, this mod's aim is not to remove pristine ships from the game - just make their acquisition much harder.

Anyway, 2.2.2 is out! Mostly bugfix version with tiny addition.

- Fix Black Market suspicion resetting at each dock.
- Fix incorrect Black Market description (was not matching its new behaviour).
- Fix illegal commodities (usually drugs and organs) always being legal on Open Market.
- Add missing HMI factions to reputation change blacklist (`mess` and `mess_remnants`).
- Add support for negation in legal list (`item` will be always legal and `!item` will be always illegal).
- New configuration: max tier and fleet points at which items and combat ships are considered legal.
- New feature: remove endgame ships (capitals) and cargo (tier3) from Military Markets.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2022, 08:48:30 AM »

- New feature: remove endgame ships (capitals) and cargo (tier3) from Military Markets.
Hmm... is there a way to make big ships (Endgame Tier 3's, Battlecruisers, etc), only rarer instead of removed entirely?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2022, 11:38:09 AM »

I can change that to be a probability (of removal) based. So 0 will be remove all, 1 will be leave as is, and anything in between a roll of dice.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2022, 04:20:43 PM »

So this seems to be the mod that is the most... in depth in terms of changes of a style i was thinking of and i was wondering if i could pick your brain.

My idea was to take the current core planets that are path/pirate and turn them into independent planets. But tie their markets in terms of illegal goods/access, to pirate/path reputation and maintain their integration into the pirate economy. That is. Kanta's den would no longer be a pirate world it would be a pirate FRONT world. Its production and supplies could still be tied to pirate fleets but it would no longer be flattened by supply reductions that occur because pirate trade fleets get killed by everyone and independent trade fleets that would smuggle to it get killed by pirates. A new player would not know Kanta's den was a pirate front world unless they ended up getting directed there by a friendly pirate or did trade there and got a pirate reputation bonus as a result.

The goal here would be to make being a pirate/pather slightly easier in terms of supplying because you can go to an independent world and find some sympathetic people there willing to sell you fuel and supplies. But make it harder in general to generate consistent trade profits because there are now fewer worlds with obvious and predictable trade deficits in easily acquirable goods. This would also ensure that the pirate factions were slightly better supplied and might generally make them stronger for the non-pirate player.

I also wanted to make selling stolen goods more difficult. Every primary type of non-contraband good (I.E. domestic goods but not drugs or ship hulls) would have a duplicate "stolen" or "undocumented" version of it. These would be produced by the military structures on pirate stations [supply would increase or decrease based on whether or not their raids were successful] and demanded in small amounts in black markets on all worlds that normally demanded that good. When you destroyed a convoy carrying those goods you would receive the "stolen" version instead. Prices would be capped such that a theoretical no arbitrage condition was in effect even though you could not turn player owned legitimate goods into stolen goods. That is, no one on a world would be willing to buy stolen goods for more than the pre-tariff price players would normally sell to a world at. Stolen goods that were sold would disappear like the first blueprint of a specific type you sell do and would not be purchasable by the player except from pirate stations.

Pirate market structures which would be present and hidden[to the player so that they cannot just look up the pirate markets] on certain pirate front worlds (like Kanta's Den) would demand stolen goods and produce the same amount of legitimate goods, acting as the fence between pirate raids and the legitimate economy. . If a player built a pirate market they would steadily lose reputation with major factions(except those you had a commission with or independents if you didn't have a commission) until they hit distrusted[that is, it would not take a lot to push them over the edge to declaring you a a filthy pirate, but they cannot prove it] but steadily gain reputation with pirates until they hit friendly. (Upgrading with story points and ai cores would never increase supply over demand but could increase both at the same time as well as impart upkeep reductions or a reduction in the major faction reputation cap to neutral). Removing a pirate market would make pirates immediately hostile to prevent players from building a pirate market to build pirate rep then destroying it when it was full and so to have colonies they don't have to babysit from pirate raids while being able to gain reputation buffers with the major factions.

Is this sort of thing possible. How difficult would it be to do it? (if you wanted to do this yourself i would not stop you in the slightest, i think it does fit in with the theme of your mod, but i don't want to imply that these are things i think your mod should do unless you want to do it)

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2022, 04:54:54 AM »

So it seems that this mods submarkets conflict with Nex Alliances allowing you to buy at military markets of factions you have alliances with but are not commissioned with.

Any chance of fixing this?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2022, 06:46:01 AM »

It's doable, but due to technical limitations, there will now be two versions of the mod from then on - a vanilla one, and a Nexerelin compatible one.

Are you on Discord by any chance? Would like you to test this new version before I release it.

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2022, 07:24:25 AM »

It's doable, but due to technical limitations, there will now be two versions of the mod from then on - a vanilla one, and a Nexerelin compatible one.

Are you on Discord by any chance? Would like you to test this new version before I release it.
Cool, yeah I'm on Discord, EchoDeltaXIV, but I don't really know what you mean by testing?
Just loading up the prerelease and seeing if anything breaks?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15