Starsector > Mods

[0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings

(1/43) > >>

Jaghaimo:
Starpocalypse is no longer being maintained. Last working build is available for 0.95.1a. Repository is archived (accessible but read-only). The successor to this mod can be found here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26969.0

SpoilerStarpocalypse
Reduce weapon and combat ship availability, and make NPC colonies stronger.

This minimod makes the following changes to the campaign layer of Starsector:

--- Quote ---    Weapons and combat ships are scarce and highly regulated. As such, only Military Markets (and those pesky Black Markets) will sell higher tier weapons, LPCs, modspecs, and combat ships. Open Markets still sell civilian grade ships and low tier combat ships and items.
       - Lawless factions (e.g. pirates and pathers) and independents do not submit to this rule of law. You can still find high tier weapons and combat ships at their bases (both core and raider).
       - Contraband can happen, and when stability is low, some weapons and ships from Military Market can become "legal".
    There are no pristine ships any more, everything is d-modded. Including your starting fleet.
    Access to most Black Markets is impossible while legally docked at the station. Speaking of access, you will need to use a fence who will ask for a cut (displayed as tariff for now).
    Factions are armed to the teeth. Any non-hidden market has at least an orbiting station, ground defences, and patrol HQ. Hidden bases (pirates and pathers raider bases) only get ground defences.
    Your actions have consequences. When defeating a fleet, your reputation with seemingly unrelated factions changes as well. Enemies of your enemy start to like you a bit, while their friends, less.
       - Similarly, targetting any colony item will be deemed as an act of war.
    Blueprint packages are no longer lootable. You will have to collect blueprints one by one.
    And speaking of salvage, everything needs a story point.
    Finally, a skill is needed to use s-mods at all (no skill = 0 s-mods, with skill = 1 s-mod).

--- End quote ---

For information how mod works and how to configure it, read README.md.
[close]

ElPresidente:
Interdasting.
Makes looting a lot more desireable.

Restoration prices and buy/sell modifiers would probably need tweaking.

Madskills:
Savage mod, I love the direction it's going. As we discussed in the other thread, there are still vanilla loopholes for acquiring stuff too effortlessly like blueprints that need to be balanced.

IonDragonX:

--- Quote from: Jaghaimo on May 28, 2021, 01:42:56 AM ---only Military Markets sell weapons, LPCs, and combat ships. Open Markets and Black Markets still sell civilian grade ships, albeit of inferior quality
--- End quote ---
Okay, I get the scarcity thing but I think that Black Market should still have some low tier/low tech weapons but not ships. They are small enough to fit into cargo holds and they are common enough to be logical.

Jaghaimo:

--- Quote from: IonDragonX on May 28, 2021, 04:33:45 PM ---Okay, I get the scarcity thing but I think that Black Market should still have some low tier/low tech weapons but not ships. They are small enough to fit into cargo holds and they are common enough to be logical.

--- End quote ---

It will be configurable from next version. Perhaps a saner default will then become to keep frigates in black market only.

Right now, only hidden markets (like raider bases) are not touched. But one of them is in core worlds - Kanta's Den.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version