Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.2.3  (Read 28738 times)

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.1
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 10:25:31 AM »

Does the SystemInRange Cryosleeper <LY> work for you guys? I'm not sure if it's just me or I'm doing something wrong. I can get the coronal_tap working but not the cyrosleeper search.

Are you getting some kind of error? I tested it again on my save and it works as expected.

No? But I have some other mods on like Captain's Log, Console Command, Neutrino Dectector Mk2, SpeedUp, and Transfer All Items. I literally typed in SystemInRange Cyrosleeper 100. Not sure if it's me or a conflict. But no crash or error.

That's more than strange. I enabled all the mods you listed (plus Adjusted sector) and on a new save I didn't get any conflicts. All 3 searches with 100 and 1000 LY (gate/cryosleeper/tap) returned successfully. I built in some error handling to notify you if you misspell something or leave out the number of LY. My only guess now is that it might be save incompatible (but it shouldn't since these are just neutral commands).

https://imgur.com/JmqnKzx
This is what I'm getting. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.
Is it case sensitive?
Nope, all arguments are converted to lowercase and then compared against the searchable terms.

Luuiscool4567

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.1
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2021, 09:54:39 PM »

Does the SystemInRange Cryosleeper <LY> work for you guys? I'm not sure if it's just me or I'm doing something wrong. I can get the coronal_tap working but not the cyrosleeper search.

Are you getting some kind of error? I tested it again on my save and it works as expected.

No? But I have some other mods on like Captain's Log, Console Command, Neutrino Dectector Mk2, SpeedUp, and Transfer All Items. I literally typed in SystemInRange Cyrosleeper 100. Not sure if it's me or a conflict. But no crash or error.

That's more than strange. I enabled all the mods you listed (plus Adjusted sector) and on a new save I didn't get any conflicts. All 3 searches with 100 and 1000 LY (gate/cryosleeper/tap) returned successfully. I built in some error handling to notify you if you misspell something or leave out the number of LY. My only guess now is that it might be save incompatible (but it shouldn't since these are just neutral commands).

https://imgur.com/JmqnKzx
This is what I'm getting. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

As Jaghaimo noted, it's cryosleeper  ;D

Bruh, didn't even notice my spelling error, thanks!
Can't believe it was spelling all this time.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.2
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2021, 07:23:39 AM »

It'd be most useful if we could wildcard search, e.g. "rare_ore_*=3" would search for systems with at least three instances of any abundance of rare ore.

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.2
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2021, 07:43:14 AM »

It'd be most useful if we could wildcard search, e.g. "rare_ore_*=3" would search for systems with at least three instances of any abundance of rare ore.

Thanks for the suggestion! It shouldn't be too hard to implement. I'll try to accomplish it in the upcoming days.

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.2.3
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 12:19:49 PM »

Is there any way to set the survey status back to unexplored, I stupidly use explore all extensively without realising that it sets the survey level to full upon usage, now the whole galaxy is already explored just as I started looking for my first colony, kinda killed the whole explore phase of the game please help.

ANy console commands anything to set all exploration back to unsurveyed?

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 05:49:15 AM »

Is there any way to set the survey status back to unexplored, I stupidly use explore all extensively without realising that it sets the survey level to full upon usage, now the whole galaxy is already explored just as I started looking for my first colony, kinda killed the whole explore phase of the game please help.

ANy console commands anything to set all exploration back to unsurveyed?
Sorry to hear that. You could copy your seed and start a new game with it. Another way to reset the survey levels would be to write a custom command for it and use Console Command's "runcode".

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 07:01:31 AM »

I did “explore all” and there are a handful of systems not explored. Is that because there are no planets in that system?

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2021, 01:18:53 PM »

I did “explore all” and there are a handful of systems not explored. Is that because there are no planets in that system?
It depends. Systems without a planet can't be explored via my command. Additionally I made a few thing priority before exploring a system i.e. the planets conditions. Those are in order: number of planets, inactive gate, excluding core world systems (which are already explored by default), number of jump points, number of stable locations and the hazard command (which is stupid by design and needs a rework). If any of those fail, the function will return without setting the survey level to `full`.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2021, 03:05:12 PM »

It depends. Systems without a planet can't be explored via my command. Additionally I made a few thing priority before exploring a system i.e. the planets conditions. Those are in order: number of planets, inactive gate, excluding core world systems (which are already explored by default), number of jump points, number of stable locations and the hazard command (which is stupid by design and needs a rework). If any of those fail, the function will return without setting the survey level to `full`.

Oh ok ya I’m not great with commands so literally just did “explore all”. Next question can it be undone?! Haha not a big deal I just realized now I won’t k is what systems I’ve already been too whoops!

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2021, 04:40:13 PM »

Technical recommendation: Instead of having mod_info.json and other files at the root of your zip folder, put them all in a single folder inside the .zip, so it's like "Exploration.zip/Explore-the-Galaxy/mod_info.json".

This makes it easier to install the mod (just drag and drop the folder) and is how nearly all other mods are set up.
Sorry for the lack of comment on the mod itself :( I haven't tried it, just reporting this after seeing a confused user on the Discord server.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

TangentDelta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2021, 07:44:58 PM »

Oh ok ya I’m not great with commands so literally just did “explore all”. Next question can it be undone?! Haha not a big deal I just realized now I won’t k is what systems I’ve already been too whoops!

I threw this together really quickly. It just unsurveys all neutral procgen systems. Run it using the runcode command.

Code
for(StarSystemAPI starSystem : Global.getSector().getStarSystems()){
if(!starSystem.isProcgen()){
continue;
}

for(PlanetAPI planet : starSystem.getPlanets()) {
if(!planet.isStar() && !planet.isNormalStar()){
MarketAPI planetMarket = planet.getMarket();
if(planetMarket.getFaction().getDisplayName().equalsIgnoreCase("neutral")){
planetMarket.setSurveyLevel(MarketAPI.SurveyLevel.NONE);

try{
for(MarketConditionAPI condition : planetMarket.getConditions()){
condition.setSurveyed(false);
}
} catch(ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException e){

}
}
}
}
}

Axisoflint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2021, 04:13:00 AM »

Not a major issue, but whenever I survey it seems that I have to specify the amount of habitable planets one above what I actually want (i.e. habitable=2 will display systems with 1 habitable planet, 3 will display 2 etc).

The line I'm using is "Explore all exclude planets=5 [habitable=5]" for example - this will display any systems that have 5 or more planets with 4 habitable planets, not 5 (if such a system actually exists ;p).

I'm unsure if I'm using the syntax incorrectly or there is something else I'm missing here?

Cane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2022, 01:22:08 PM »

stableloc=3 only triggers if all three locations are empty; if any domain-era tech occupy a stable location, the system will be filtered out.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2023, 03:11:34 AM »

Any way to UNexplore all? I accidently saved after I explored all  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]