Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.2.3  (Read 29303 times)

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.2.3
« on: May 27, 2021, 11:36:38 AM »

01/28/2022 Disclaimer: This mod will be integrated into Stelnet. Please refer to that mod instead. No further development will occur here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: OLD VERSIONS (<1.63) of Better Colonies' AddAdminBC command can cause errors with this mod. It's a known issue and the only way around it would be to edit the AddAdminBC commands code. This post explains how to achieve it: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17103.msg320152#msg320152

This is my very first mod ever. The idea is to effectively search for your ideal system. It should benefits mostly users that have Grand or Adjusted sector mods.

Commands:

1. Explore [all] [exclude/include] [hazard] [gate] [stableloc] [jumppoint] [planets] [conditions]
    Searches all star systems for specified conditions:
    - all - write `all` to search even planets you haven't surveyed yet (default doesn’t search, if searched, sets survey level to full);
    - exclude/include - write `exclude/include` to exclude or include systems in the Core world and claimed systems (default: exclude)
    - planets - the minimum number of planets a system must include (default: planets=1)
    - gate - write `gate` to filter by systems that have a gate;
    - stableloc - write `stableloc=NUMBER` to filter by stable locations (default 0);
    - jumppoint - same as stableloc (default 0);
    - hazard - write `hazard=NUMBER` to filter by systems which planets are below or equal to the specified value (doesn’t filter by default);
    - [conditions] - a comma-separated, no-space list of planetary conditions that must be met (supports * as a wildcard), e.g.: \[habitable=2,rare_ore*=1,*abundant=1] at least TWO habitable planets and ONE with transplutonic ore and ONE with ore/transplutonic ore that is abundant.

Example: Explore all exclude planets=5 [habitable=2] gate

2. SystemInRange <entity>[entity] [LY] [planets]
    Finds systems in specified range (integer) of an entity (coronal_tap, derelict_cryosleeper, inactive_gate):
    - if two entities are listed coronal_tap,cryosleeper, a table will be shown at the end listing systems within range of both;
    - LY - distance in light years (default is 10);
    - planets - filters by number of planets

Example: SystemInRange coronal_tap,cryosleeper 10

Change log:
Spoiler
Version 1.2.3
-Wildcard now supported at the start of a planetary condition: *abundant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.2.2
-Support for wildcard characters as suggested by @Yunru: `ore*=3` covers `ore_sparse, ore_moderate, ore_abundant, ore_rich, ore_ultrarich`

Version 1.2-hotfix
-disabled some code that spammed the player's location

Version 1.2
- Added settings.json
- Going forward this mod will ship with a precompiled `.jar` (including a modplugin) and the source code
- Pretty formatting of the results
- Results now sorted by constellation name and by system name
- Fixed: version check not working
- Fixed: nebulas not showing in the results (?)

1) SystemInRange
    - LY is an optional argument (default value from settings.json is 10)
    - New argument planets= - define the minimum number of planets a system must include (default is 1)
    - Now support multiple search objects (separated by commas, no space) as following: SystemInRange coronal_tap,cryosleeper 10
    - Passing in two entities now also lists (in alphabetical order) constellations which are in range of both
    - Rows for plusar/black hole and gate
    - Fixed: shows the system in which the object has been found, if it meets the criteria

2) Explore
    - Added similar type of formatting as to SystemInRange
    - New arguments: gate, stableloc=0, jumppoint=0, hazard=250
    - Changed arguments: (full=)true -> `all`, (planet_counet=)1 -> `planets=1`

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.1:
- proper versioning file
1) SystemInRange
    - now display the name of the constellation in the results
    - separating ---- line for more visual clarity after repeated use of commands
2) Explore
    - moved some code so that full="false" no longer shows how many undiscovered conditions a planet has
    - "exclude" and "include" arguments to ignore/include systems in the Core world / claimed systems
    - properly reset argument values after use
    - separating ---- line for more visual clarity after repeated use of commands
[close]

Screenshots
Spoiler

[close]

Feedback is welcome!  :)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 03:22:15 AM by hypocrisy-aeron »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.0
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 05:07:55 PM »

I like this.

Could you make it a listener that checks as you explore planets and when it finds matches to your search criteria creates an Intel entry?

An intel event would only be generated if the sum of points was greater than some threshold.  Where points are awarded for stuff like:
* Cryosleeper in range of planet
* Habitable Planet
* Low Hazard
* Very rich planet
* Lots of planets in the system

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 12:25:54 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions! I had something similar in mind (using the CaptainsLog mod for assistance), but still need a way to figure it out. Hopefully I will be implementing it in a upcoming version. Stay tuned!

Ira

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 02:23:25 AM »

Is there a way to exclude systems that have already been settled by other factions?

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 04:40:37 AM »

Is there a way to exclude systems that have already been settled by other factions?

First of all, thanks for checking out my mod!
No, not at the moment. It will be implemented in the next release with a bunch of additional changes. Hopefully I will get it done in a few days.

Ira

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 12:02:40 PM »

I was looking for something like this for a while. No rush mate :)

Luuiscool4567

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 12:46:24 PM »

Does the SystemInRange Cryosleeper <LY> work for you guys? I'm not sure if it's just me or I'm doing something wrong. I can get the coronal_tap working but not the cyrosleeper search.

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 02:16:36 PM »

Does the SystemInRange Cryosleeper <LY> work for you guys? I'm not sure if it's just me or I'm doing something wrong. I can get the coronal_tap working but not the cyrosleeper search.

Are you getting some kind of error? I tested it again on my save and it works as expected.

Luuiscool4567

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Explore the Galaxy 1.1
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 04:10:07 PM »

Are you getting some kind of error? I tested it again on my save and it works as expected.

No? But I have some other mods on like Captain's Log, Console Command, Neutrino Dectector Mk2, SpeedUp, and Transfer All Items. I literally typed in SystemInRange Cyrosleeper 100. Not sure if it's me or a conflict. But no crash or error.

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2021, 12:18:11 AM »

No? But I have some other mods on like Captain's Log, Console Command, Neutrino Dectector Mk2, SpeedUp, and Transfer All Items. I literally typed in SystemInRange Cyrosleeper 100. Not sure if it's me or a conflict. But no crash or error.

That's more than strange. I enabled all the mods you listed (plus Adjusted sector) and on a new save I didn't get any conflicts. All 3 searches with 100 and 1000 LY (gate/cryosleeper/tap) returned successfully. I built in some error handling to notify you if you misspell something or leave out the number of LY. My only guess now is that it might be save incompatible (but it shouldn't since these are just neutral commands).

Luuiscool4567

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2021, 08:13:10 AM »

That's more than strange. I enabled all the mods you listed (plus Adjusted sector) and on a new save I didn't get any conflicts. All 3 searches with 100 and 1000 LY (gate/cryosleeper/tap) returned successfully. I built in some error handling to notify you if you misspell something or leave out the number of LY. My only guess now is that it might be save incompatible (but it shouldn't since these are just neutral commands).

https://imgur.com/JmqnKzx
This is what I'm getting. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2021, 10:38:02 AM »

Is it case sensitive?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 01:24:13 PM »

Cryosleeper, not cyrosleeper.

hypocrisy-aeron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2021, 10:24:26 AM »

As Jaghaimo noted, it's cryosleeper  ;D
Pages: [1] 2