Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Text, UX, quest suggestions  (Read 609 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Text, UX, quest suggestions
« on: May 06, 2021, 06:14:05 AM »

- When a contact is listing the available missions, maybe add indents or bullet points to the mission texts, so it's easier to see where the list begins and ends.

(I currently just look at the dialog options to figure out the missions, but that's partly because of the above)

- When new text is added to the dialog text panel, the panel scrolls down to its new bottom. This is fine until more than one page is added at a time, in which case you have to scroll back up to the start of the added text (I think this happens a few times with the Academy quests). Suggestion: Make it not scroll down more than one page at a time.

- Can we have an option to change player portrait? Make the portrait in character screen clickable, which brings up the portrait picker.

EDIT [2021-05-17]

Suggestions for a certain story quest:
Spoiler
- The Hamatsu should come with one or more S-mods. Perhaps even a unique S-mod installed by Astraia. Partly for flavor, but also so there's an actual temptation to keep the Hamatsu.
As it stands, by the time I get around to completing Project Ziggurat, a slightly beat up Venture has no appeal to me whatsoever and getting 100k for it is a no-brainer.

- The Project Ziggurat surprise fleets are way, way too big and are an SP tax to dodge. Make them scale the current player fleet, maybe.

When I did the quest, I had three cruisers plus several destroyers (including a Harbinger) and quality frigates including two Tempests.
The rogue Knight had multiple Legions. The TT bounty hunter had four Dooms (and seven mod phase destroyers I wasn't familiar with), all with 2-3 S-mods. I wouldn't consider taking on either with a fleet twice as big as what I actually had, especially when I don't even get a bounty payment for it.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 02:46:09 AM by Histidine »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Text (and other UX?) suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 08:14:16 AM »

This reminds me of another small UX issue concerning contacts. When you right click on the intel icon of a contact in the intel map, it sets a course to the system's inner jump-point. It would be nice if it set a course to the contact's market instead.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Text, UX, quest suggestions
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 02:47:34 AM »

Added suggestions for a particular story quest to OP (better than putting it in the patch notes thread, using someone else's thread or making a new one).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 01:24:14 AM »

(Because too lazy to make a new thread)

The SITMPatherHail and HistorianPatherHail interactions should probably have low/no rep impact. Someone had a non-avoidable battle with them (as in can't pay your way out or whatever) and went from +100 to hostile relations with Path as a result. The merc and scav versions of the SITM encounter already make the fleet have no rep impact.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 08:02:48 PM »

One lore/presentation thing I'd like: Give the Remnant officers their [color] [adjective] names back (the stuff like "Viridian Ascendant") instead of just "Beta Core" etc.
Maybe player AI officers and alpha core admins could have this too.

I kind of miss when it was hinted that the Remnants you encountered were individuals within their own kind.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 09:29:08 AM »

One lore/presentation thing I'd like: Give the Remnant officers their [color] [adjective] names back (the stuff like "Viridian Ascendant") instead of just "Beta Core" etc.
Maybe player AI officers and alpha core admins could have this too.

I kind of miss when it was hinted that the Remnants you encountered were individuals within their own kind.

Ohh, let me make a note to have a look. I don't remember this being intentional - I think it was probably an un-noticed casualty of "use core types as names for clarity when used by player" and then using the same plugin to generate the AI core officers.