Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Faction Specific hullmods for vanilla  (Read 990 times)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Faction Specific hullmods for vanilla
« on: May 25, 2021, 03:29:06 PM »

So I've created a set of faction specific hullmods, opinions wanted on both themes and power-levels:

Obviously with TT the power-level is dependent on the AI core you use:

I'm not bothering with the Perseans because Peach beat me to it and did a solid with Kazeron Navarchy https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21554.0 Mine is currently built on top of another's mod so I won't be making it public without permission in the current iteration.

Edit: Better image.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 03:36:07 PM by Great Wound »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Faction Specific hullmods for vanilla
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 01:56:35 AM »

Mine is currently built on top of another's mod so I won't be making it public without permission in the current iteration.
What you can do is release the mod without any 3rd party assets (like graphics and sounds). Therefore, you just include your hull mods and your csv files and then point out to the player which assets and from which mod they need to get (or provide a bat / sh file that will download whatever is needed). If those mods are updated to 0.95a then you can just add them as your mod's dependencies in mod_info.json.

Edit: If you do not want to go that route, could you please PM it? I was looking forward to porting those skins to my vanilla-ish setup but there always is a mod/change I want to write and thus can't find spare time to do it myself. Thanks :)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 04:11:09 PM »

What you can do is release the mod without any 3rd party assets (like graphics and sounds). Therefore, you just include your hull mods and your csv files and then point out to the player which assets and from which mod they need to get (or provide a bat / sh file that will download whatever is needed). If those mods are updated to 0.95a then you can just add them as your mod's dependencies in mod_info.json.

Edit: If you do not want to go that route, could you please PM it? I was looking forward to porting those skins to my vanilla-ish setup but there always is a mod/change I want to write and thus can't find spare time to do it myself. Thanks :)

Unfortunately it's a little more complicated that that, I modded the mod I built my mod on... I could always disentangle the h-mods if needs be as they're on top of it and not a part of so it's not overly complex.

Have done a quick revision, used vanilla art instead of stuff ripped from another game, upgraded the Lions and Ludds and fixed some spelling/grammar.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 04:46:11 PM »

No more spamming AI TT-Brawlers to bulk up AI fleets!

Give an inch, take a mile!

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 05:02:49 PM »

really looking forward to this

hope you gewt it worked out with OP

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 04:56:32 AM »

really looking forward to this

Check your inbox  ;)

Post feedback here.