Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to improve relationship with pirates?  (Read 4142 times)

Quentunty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to improve relationship with pirates?
« on: May 25, 2021, 01:42:14 PM »

Hello, im playing starsector for a few days and i have massive problem with pirates. Massive raids, big amounts of them and -100. How i can improve that quickly or completly get rid of raids? :'(

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: How to improve relationship with pirates?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 01:47:03 PM »

Pirates raiding your colonies are based out of a base somewhere - find the base (if you go to your colonies there should be a bar event to "buy someone something more palatable", doing so will reveal the base's location) and destroy it with the most extreme of accepted military prejudice.

Raising your relationship with pirates is hard, but not impossible. Get some pirate contacts and do their jobs, if a random pop-up mission from pirates shows up you can do those, and slowly work your way up to not being hostile. Note that hostile action against pirates, even when they attack you first, will ding your relationship with them, so you'll need to be careful to avoid confrontations (or at least avoid fighting with your transponder turned on).

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 02:03:04 PM »

What AcaMetis said, just destroy their base. If you don't want to visit the colony you can also send an agent there to find it.
Pirates and Luddites are the two factions you don't really wanna be friends with, especially in the beginning, as they're by far the easiest fleets to farm for XP and loot.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 02:03:50 PM »

btw the agent thing is from Nex

Quentunty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 02:04:56 PM »

I know where their base is but i cant destroy it becouse it is guarded by few onslaughts

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 02:09:04 PM »

I know where their base is but i cant destroy it becouse it is guarded by few onslaughts
...Oh. So, eh, fun fact about the Black Market in this game: If you sell blueprints on it than those blueprints will find their way into the hands of the pirates, who will (eventually) end up using said blueprints to bolster their fleets. That's not to say that their fleets are unbeatable, especially if you take out their sole Orbital Works and force pirates to have absolute rock bottom ship quality for a while, but yeah, depending on what blueprints you sell them they can be significantly harder to deal with...

(There's no way to remove blueprints from the pirates faction short of save game editing, which I'm not sure how to do.)

Quentunty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 02:11:56 PM »

I just got onslaught xiv and my ass kicked in front of my colony by pirate armada with like 5 atlases 5 enforcers and many ships

Quentunty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 02:13:10 PM »

I saw that one pirate colony wanted somr stuff but bounty is for 30 days and my sector os pretty far away

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 02:20:43 PM »

I just got onslaught xiv and my ass kicked in front of my colony by pirate armada with like 5 atlases 5 enforcers and many ships
That's one of the game's current quirks, not sure if I'd call it a bug. Basically the game will spawn a -1/-10% pirate base some amount of time after founding a colony, and that pirate base will send raiding fleets consisting of one fleet that might contain a Destroyer or two - very manageable, and while that base will grow bigger and stronger over time it takes a long time to do so. However, at any point the existing pirate bases in the sector can decide to start harassing your colonies. So you can end up with a fully grown and outfitted -3/-50% base sending up to six of those Atlas MK. II fleets a week after putting down your first colony. The way to solve the problem is the exact same, destroy the base, but cleaning up the stragglers afterwards can definitely be a challenge.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2021, 02:21:21 PM »

Install comm sniffer in a system where pirate owns planet
Take comm missions from pirates (survey)
+5 ez

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Quentunty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »

If im gonna improve relations with pirates theres gonna be smaller chance for raid?

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 02:43:38 PM »

IIRC pirates won't send raiding fleets if you're at some (relatively) high relationship level with them, don't know exactly which, but they will still tag your systems with the stability and accessibility penalties. I have no idea if that's a gradual thing or an all/nothing deal, either.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2021, 02:48:26 PM »

Giving up the income from bounties and raiding pirate bases/worlds is 100% not worth it in the early/mid game.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2021, 01:38:12 AM »

-100 rep would require 11 missions for them, to get them to -45 where they won' attack on sight. you'll need to avoid fighting them during that time. This is assuming you don't have a commission with anyone, because that locks you into -50 at best.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2021, 03:16:36 AM »

You can keep around plus 35-50 relationship with them while farming them including station buster missions.
Pages: [1] 2