Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do you usually target with Fighters/Interceptors? Data included.  (Read 3157 times)

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: What do you usually target with Fighters/Interceptors?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2021, 02:01:35 AM »

This is amazing work and data! Thank you! Now I have know to spam warthogs for my fighter-based carriers.

I'm also kind of surprised by the 50+ second TTK across all builds. Seemed definitely on the long side. I'm curious to see how well this time scales with an increasing number of carriers. Perhaps there's a critical mass of fighters that really delivers the pain. I think this sort of testing is what I will do in my next playthrough.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2021, 08:21:33 PM »

Glad you liked it. Fighters/Bombers feel a lot weaker this patch. They don't really have the damage reduction buffs anymore, and the more numerous captains can have skills that make weapons hurt them a lot more. There is no Dmod mitigation skill either, and the Colossus costs more fuel now.

Warthogs do pretty good damage against slow ships, but for fast ships, other fighters often do better. Since I measure PPT degradation, there is always a travel time overhead where the PPT starts ticking down before the fighting starts. It's reduced when the ships head towards each other, but increased if one or both are running away.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 08:52:01 PM »

I added more of the data I collected and summarized to the first post. It begins at "More Data".
Pages: 1 [2]