Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ludic path .95  (Read 3968 times)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ludic path .95
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2021, 03:03:48 PM »

I was wondering how long it would take for someone else to also notice Luddic Path gave you bounties on Remnant Nexuses.

Now, if only both the Vanilla Path and Luddic Church did not get absolutely butchered by terrible ship variety/performance and Ill Advised Modifications wasn't crippling enough to make Ludd himself cry from the heavens, normal people would almost be tempted to make a Church/Path themed campaigns...
Ya, doing that atm is rather painful. They are so bad.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2021, 04:47:23 PM »

Agree.
Zero variety(unless you sue some mods that expand it), extremely limited ships and in case of Church only some paint job at best.
Both factions need some love.

Blue_Bear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2021, 12:57:58 AM »

It would be nice for the Luddic Church/Path to have more varied fleets but I think this will in part be fixed by the improvements to low-tech, although a handful of Luddic Church focused ships (distinct from Hegemony) would be pretty cool, in particular maybe more effectively militarized civilian ships to represent the "faithful" defending Ludd's word with whatever tools they have at hand, though I'm not sure how that would work (maybe special Luddic Path/Church only hull-mods?)

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2021, 02:11:41 AM »

I was wondering how long it would take for someone else to also notice Luddic Path gave you bounties on Remnant Nexuses.

Now, if only both the Vanilla Path and Luddic Church did not get absolutely butchered by terrible ship variety/performance and Ill Advised Modifications wasn't crippling enough to make Ludd himself cry from the heavens, normal people would almost be tempted to make a Church/Path themed campaigns...

I actually just finished a Luddic Path campaign. Limiting myself to only luddic path ships. However I used Luddic path modded ships . It is the most challenging campaign I've ever had. Starting being enemies with everyone is difficult. But when you reach a strong point it feels rewarding. Strongly recommend

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2021, 03:42:34 AM »

I actually just finished a Luddic Path campaign. Limiting myself to only luddic path ships. However I used Luddic path modded ships . It is the most challenging campaign I've ever had. Starting being enemies with everyone is difficult. But when you reach a strong point it feels rewarding. Strongly recommend

Did you also fall in love with the LP Tyrant from Vayra's Ship Pack? It's so good and tasty. I notice this is not the most recent sprite of the LP Tyrant but I could not find one on the forum and I had to type Luddic Path Tyrant on Google Images to find it.

For reference, not having it on speakers is highly suggested  :P
Spoiler
[close]

There's also a lot of great Luddic Church/Path ships from DR's Ship/Weapon pack too, don't forget your daily prayers to send off some Argent Energy to feed that lovable Trumpet-wielding Skeleton and help him in his coding toils and mod updating efforts  :P

You can listen to this on Loop one hour a day as a sobstitute to praying:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:51:37 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2021, 05:59:40 PM »

Did you also fall in love with the LP Tyrant from Vayra's Ship Pack? It's so good and tasty. I notice this is not the most recent sprite of the LP Tyrant but I could not find one on the forum and I had to type Luddic Path Tyrant on Google Images to find it.

For reference, not having it on speakers is highly suggested  :P
Spoiler
[close]

There's also a lot of great Luddic Church/Path ships from DR's Ship/Weapon pack too, don't forget your daily prayers to send off some Argent Energy to feed that lovable Trumpet-wielding Skeleton and help him in his coding toils and mod updating efforts  :P

You can listen to this on Loop one hour a day as a sobstitute to praying:
Spoiler
[close]

The LP tyrant is okish. It has unstable injector as built in mod which is not good on capitals. The best Luddic path capital (by far) is the Castella LP. That thing has luddic path written all over it because of how it works. But the MVP of luddic path ships is the Venture LP. Best ship in the whole roster.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2021, 02:11:54 AM »

Considering that Path is the only faction to use SO for about 90% of their ships, I don't think they need unique ships, as much as they need more ships in general. Where are SO Dominators?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2021, 03:37:23 AM »

Considering that Path is the only faction to use SO for about 90% of their ships, I don't think they need unique ships, as much as they need more ships in general. Where are SO Dominators?

There's a mod-introduced Luddic path Dominator that has those large ballistc mounts converted to Composite (Ballistic&Missile). That's a step in the right direction if I ever saw one.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

supremequesopizza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2021, 11:04:27 AM »

To be fair, lore wise, they do this to themselves, canonically. They're literally luddites that refuse to use anything good and high tech. That is going to - and should- result in a lower ship quality. Their whole schtick from the get-go is using numbers to get you, not good ships.
Any faction that hates technology in a game that's about spaceships and technology is going to suffer if they don't have some sort of special space-magic/space jesus intervening for them, naturally.
Pages: 1 [2]