Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ludic path .95  (Read 3967 times)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Ludic path .95
« on: May 23, 2021, 07:13:04 AM »

What changed about them since last patch? I know they target colonies using items but I haven't seen them in any strength in the core. Shouldn't their actual fleets be raising a bit of hell?

I ask this because I would like more chances to steal their ships early game... I mean for lore reasons.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ludic path .95
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 07:22:15 AM »

Pather smuggling fleets pose as Independents, down to you losing rep with actual independents if you attack them, so they're easy to miss. Pathers also don't field large fleets/ships outside of their remote bases, as they don't raid places like pirates do. Their MO is shaking down weak fleets for tithes and smuggling support to their cells to perform terror attacks planetside, in space pathers don't really do much of anything.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 07:31:52 AM »

Heavy Industry and Fuel Production no longer produce interest on their own.  Thus, there are fewer cells in the core worlds.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 07:40:52 AM »

Honestly I'd like to see their big fleets in the core too from time to time, mix up the ships you are fighting a bit more.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 05:50:11 PM »

I think luddic path aren't well exploited. It would be great if they could paid and be used as a mercenary fleet that follows you around or attack a certain colony.

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 08:15:38 PM »

I think luddic path aren't well exploited. It would be great if they could paid and be used as a mercenary fleet that follows you around or attack a certain colony.
I think that shtick would be better suited for the pirates. They seem more mercenary than the path. the Luddic Path is more of a religious extremist organization.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 04:13:08 PM »

I think that shtick would be better suited for the pirates. They seem more mercenary than the path. the Luddic Path is more of a religious extremist organization.
They do seem like the kind of people that would work for anyone for the credits. Some of the pirates likely are mercs down on their luck anyways.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 03:13:05 AM »

I have seen luddic path armadas jumping in into redacted red systems with expected results. So they fight with redacted - how often is another question.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 02:16:38 PM »

I have seen luddic path armadas jumping in into redacted red systems with expected results. So they fight with redacted - how often is another question.
I've never seen this happen, how did it happen? Are you sure they weren't chasing you or something?

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 09:50:07 PM »

They do give missions to destroy Nexuses. Its a typical indication what faction currently at war with the owner of the station.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 01:32:56 AM »

I have never seen Nexus kill mission in vanilla gameplay in hundreds of hours.

Is this a bar mission or something?

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 03:24:49 AM »

It is given by the Agent/Commander LP contacts.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2021, 06:37:02 AM »

My fleet was outside in hyperspace so no way this armada was after me. Maybe some code wizard can data mine their behavior from game files.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2021, 05:36:30 AM »

Nexus kill mission in vanilla

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2021, 05:49:50 AM »

I was wondering how long it would take for someone else to also notice Luddic Path gave you bounties on Remnant Nexuses.

Now, if only both the Vanilla Path and Luddic Church did not get absolutely butchered by terrible ship variety/performance and Ill Advised Modifications wasn't crippling enough to make Ludd himself cry from the heavens, normal people would almost be tempted to make a Church/Path themed campaigns...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:51:23 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.
Pages: [1] 2