Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Station combat, ships crashing  (Read 698 times)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Station combat, ships crashing
« on: May 22, 2021, 12:12:09 PM »

I just fought several station battle in a row with a mostly frigate force. I'm literally only losing ships to them crashing into each other and not the stations fire.

10 Aggressive captains, 4 Luman piloted by Gamma Cores. Full Assault On.

Lumans and Tempests seem to be first place for killing each other ramming. Last battle had 4 destroyed ships via rammings.

If I had to describe it, it looks like they don't understand where the shields are since that's the constant thing they slam into. This does not occur in normal fleet battles.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Station combat, ships crashing
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 12:36:52 PM »

Thanks for the report! Do you happen to have a save right before such a battle? If so: I'd love to take a look!

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 12:40:54 PM »

I'll try to find another one next time the pirates pop up and it happens again. I didn't think to save it. Should be easy enough to do.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 12:43:06 PM »

Ah, so it's just any full-sized pirate station that'll do the trick? That should be easy enough to add in on my end, the main thing that'd be helpful is using your fleet to work things, since whatever behavior shows up could be skill/ship dependent etc. Also, if you can tell me which ships you're deploying - I mean, I'm assuming "everything with an officer or an AI core" but it'd be good to have that confirmed.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 01:52:21 PM »

Ah, so it's just any full-sized pirate station that'll do the trick? That should be easy enough to add in on my end, the main thing that'd be helpful is using your fleet to work things, since whatever behavior shows up could be skill/ship dependent etc. Also, if you can tell me which ships you're deploying - I mean, I'm assuming "everything with an officer or an AI core" but it'd be good to have that confirmed.

Oh, ya. It was with both a midline and low tech stations. Multiple cases with varying degrees of the same problem. They weren't all fully upgraded and the problems all occurred after the 1st of 3 segments of the station was destroyed. I prefer to watch fights and give commands so every fight I was on AI control.

All ships involved in the fight bellow
2 Apogee, no captain and me captain under AI control
1 Hyperion, oops that one is reckless. But it wasn't involved in the crashing
6 Tempests, all aggressive captains
1 Monitor, aggressive
2 Afflictors high tech not pirate, both aggressive captains
4 Lumens, 4 gamma cores
2 Omens, no captains

I have never played with mods. So that's not a concern.

I did test on a Remnant station I happened on and had zero noticable impacts.

I'll still try and get a save before one where it happens when the pirates repop if I can.

edit:

Save file sent.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 02:16:56 PM by Locklave »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 03:31:00 PM »

Thank you for the save! I really appreciate the detailed instructions, too. I ran this in the simulator - about 10 times - vs a low-tech Orbital Station. I'm seeing a bit of bumping, but did not see any of the frigates die from it, or even come close to it. A few died occasionally from module explosions, being forced too close by the press of their fellows behind them, but aside from that, there weren't any casualties. So strange that you're seeing much more of it! Hmm.

(This *is* pushing the boundaries in terms of what collision avoidance is capable of, with so many fast ships so close to each other. But still!)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 07:00:57 PM »

@Helldiver
Please try and keep the bug reports section for specific reports and not discussions. Its fine to reply to things said here, just please make a new topic elsewhere with the quote instead of directly responding here, unless its adding specific details about the bug in question that might have been missed.

I've split off the discussion into a new thread here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21749.msg328246#msg328246