Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Magellan Protectorate v1.25a - New goodies, tweaks and fixes.  (Read 64826 times)

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Magellan Protectorate v1.0a - Release!
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2021, 11:38:29 PM »

The Starfarers start seems to have relations with everyone set to 0.

Also, I really like the shotguns. I haven't used them enough to know if they're good or anything, but I like them.

mattroyal363

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2021, 10:15:51 AM »

There seems to be something wrong with your download link? The download progress bar on chrome is stuck at 100%. It won't finish the download

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2021, 11:03:53 AM »

There seems to be something wrong with your download link? The download progress bar on chrome is stuck at 100%. It won't finish the download

Works fine for me.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2021, 11:07:22 AM »

Yeah, I've tested it; it's fine, problem's on your end.

If you're ever unsure of the main download, the mod is also on Nexus.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 11:51:06 AM by Harmful Mechanic »
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2021, 11:48:54 AM »

Those ships look so damn tasty ... it's a shame I'll have to wait several weeks until I can use my PC again  :'(
Adopt a mod! (Or parts of it) I'd be happy if Biomancy Genetic Engineering found a new patron or if my little monsters appear in some form or another in someone's mod.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7682.0

Iconoclast

• Ensign
  • Destitute the State
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2021, 11:57:12 AM »

I love this. Can't wait to play it. The aesthetic matches vanilla nicely
“In the long run the practice of solidarity proves much more advantageous to the species than the development of individuals endowed with predatory inclinations.”
Pyotr Kropotkin, Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution

Aurora Raven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2021, 06:20:39 PM »

So, do the Levellers have any bases or agents that I can work with or is it just my "origin story" as I bring down the Protectorate?

Currently I'm trying to "liberate" Valca, but since Valca is already technically Independent, not sure how that would go. I've been searching nearby systems with neutrino sensors to try and find any, but I've come up empty.

RatherWhy?

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2021, 11:04:40 AM »

Really good mod, I have quite especially enjoyed playing as the Levellers and just going ham with their Very manoeuvrable versions of the Magellan ships, Just thinking. Are there more than 4 ships [Mallory LV included] that the levellers have acquired because I really just want to find and try out the other ships.

Oh and also, Does a Swarm Fighter Assault Drone blueprint exist out there in like a Abandoned Research station? Because I want to cause pain and suffering to all with them quick but devastating drones.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2021, 11:19:33 AM »

Really good mod, I have quite especially enjoyed playing as the Levellers and just going ham with their Very manoeuvrable versions of the Magellan ships, Just thinking. Are there more than 4 ships [Mallory LV included] that the levellers have acquired because I really just want to find and try out the other ships.
More Leveller stuff is planned.

Oh and also, Does a Swarm Fighter Assault Drone blueprint exist out there in like a Abandoned Research station? Because I want to cause pain and suffering to all with them quick but devastating drones.
I have plans to provide a blueprint for them, yeah. Just not yet; gotta get all the rest of the supporting junk together for full Leveller implementation.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Snarfblast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2021, 05:56:30 PM »

Some seriously good Homeworld/Starsector baby making going on in here, downloading asap. Now can you go help the Homeworld 3 dev team please?

MagicKarpson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2021, 10:23:06 PM »

Damn those ships are sexy af.

mattroyal363

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2021, 05:04:09 AM »

Yeah, I've tested it; it's fine, problem's on your end.

If you're ever unsure of the main download, the mod is also on Nexus.

It's fine now. For some reason it took an unusually long time for the download to state completed even though chrome shows 100% downloaded

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2021, 05:36:41 AM »

.....you should make a pirate version of the qiollon that has some sort of burn drive with a damper field.
Yknow, cause it just really looks like that would be a good idea.

LOL

Ok I'll go now.....
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2021, 05:46:09 AM »

The ship models are really good as always and the particle effects are just superb.
Only thing that I think could be improved would be the sound effects of the weapons, they could all be somewhat louder and have more bass. In vanilla dangerous weapons generally have strong audio cues.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 06:03:33 AM by Bastion.Systems »

Captain Waffle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2021, 04:16:56 PM »

So, I have to ask, since it's the only thing I can find wrong with this mod so far;

What's with all the frag weapons? Fragmentation damage is the worst damage type in the game, and a somewhat irritating amount of the weapons in this mod, specifically those of the Leveller and Antique variety, use it. When I've seen stuff like this in other mods, the weapons usually have some other extra effect, such as added armor damage, EMP, etc. These don't, with the exception of the Bonecrusher Cannon and its larger cousin (both quite difficult to acquire). Even then, this effect is of negligible value considering the hilarious inaccuracy of said weapon.

This aside, I love this mod and can't wait to see what you add next. The Deserters of DME are one of my favorite factions to play in this game, and so of course another mod released by the same mad genius immediately caught my interest. The only problem is the frag weapons, which makes thematically equipping Leveller ships with Leveller weapons risky. So yeah, that's it really. Everything else about this mod is awesome. Ships feel great, weapons (mostly) are balanced and effective, and an almost fighter-less faction is a breath of fresh air. Keep up the good work.

Just.... why frag? I must understand.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11