Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Magellan Protectorate v1.25a - New goodies, tweaks and fixes.  (Read 64824 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Magellan Protectorate v1.0a - Release!
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2021, 05:31:39 AM »

Fuk yes

Flak Bait

• Ensign
  • It's just me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2021, 06:05:36 AM »

The Dekker is absolute beast of a frigate, absolutely wrecks in groups and with wolfpack tactics.
Hello.

Helldiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2021, 06:06:07 AM »

The alternate paintjobs on the variants look great. Didn't expect that much content on first release.
Nex is life, and my helm is pointier than yours!

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2021, 08:11:15 AM »

Release version eh?
I shall immediately include them in a new game and then sh!t on them from great height because they're not DME!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2021, 08:28:36 AM »

Wow, two attempts to circumvent the profanity filter, I must be doing something right.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2021, 08:48:15 AM »

congrats on the release

Patrick Swayze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2021, 09:51:20 AM »

I like how tanky this faction is, however, I cannot run the second mission. The player ships all target the nearest capture immediately and the enemy ships don't show up... unless I'm missing something.

Either way, fantastic looking faction that I am making my faction of choice for my next playthrough.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2021, 11:13:14 AM »

I like how tanky this faction is, however, I cannot run the second mission. The player ships all target the nearest capture immediately and the enemy ships don't show up... unless I'm missing something.
Nope, just looks like a straightforward typo. I'll hotfix it along with a bunch of other stuff a little later today.

EDIT: Hotfixed!

Either way, fantastic looking faction that I am making my faction of choice for my next playthrough.
Thanks. I hope people enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 11:52:36 AM by Harmful Mechanic »
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2021, 02:51:49 PM »

Dude, those ships look gooooood

Patrick Swayze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2021, 02:54:58 PM »

Nope, just looks like a straightforward typo. I'll hotfix it along with a bunch of other stuff a little later today.

EDIT: Hotfixed!

Thanks. I hope people enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Thanks man. Well done on going from modding to mods so fast too, LOL!

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2021, 03:17:56 PM »

just downloaded and happy to have this a part of my list!

i have over 100 enabled now lol
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Melanoc3tus II

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »

Holy ***, Harmful Mechanic making ships that don't look like someone covered them in fine china desecrated by a toddler armed with sci-fi themed non-permanent tattoos? How can this be? For a moment there it looked like they might even have texture, but then I saw the Sung. How did those missile silos hurt you dude? Whatever it was, it must have been pretty serious, considering you extended your rage to the poor... Edger.

Definitely going to try it out, more fighter is always more good after all, and corvettes get a score multiplier.

Oh and th3boodlebot, you're going somewhat in the right direction there, but not necessarily far enough. The real ships of the future will most assuredly be long, thin cones, typically with weaponry concentrated in a ring just behind the frontal cone for protection, diversion from internal modules, good firing arcs, and so as not to cause gaps in the frontal armour plating. That said, I too find it pleasing, though more for it's efficient conveying of depth (for those who can't do it through proper texturing and greebles, that is).

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Magellan Protectorate v1.0 [PLACEHOLDER]
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2021, 04:57:59 PM »

They are, in fact, designed specifically around minimizing the use of fighters. They have exactly one dedicated three-deck carrier; one single-deck hybrid destroyer, and that's it.

Just curious, what are the other themes/specializations is the faction designed around?

alo357

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2021, 06:13:21 PM »

Love the mod as always but one mission type I'd love to see in all your mods is a "sandbox/playground" mission with all the player usable ships to test out. Just to help with working out either optimal weapon loads or just to jump in a specific ship and knock about some AI without having to either buy or build the ship in the main game.

envenger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2021, 11:24:07 PM »

I really like the ship designs, they are a lot different from vanilla yet when you put them side by side, they kind of blend with vanilla stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11