Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Magellan Protectorate v1.3a - Update for 0.95.1  (Read 83497 times)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Magellan Protectorate v1.25a - New goodies, tweaks and fixes.
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2021, 07:43:39 PM »

Kreshov,
(has no BCR variant)
Capella (outside the salvage one),
(was available in markets but was causing crashes that couldn't be fixed)
Dekker, Mazian, Janz,
(have no BCR variant)
the one flying brick
(this is not helpful)
Edger.
(has no BCR variant)
The only variations outside of market are the Sky Tiger and they are not in store any where or outside the salvage pair of Chenels and the one Edger.
My response to this is going to boil down, every time, to either 'I'm sorry the mod isn't finished and feature-complete yet' (I'm a hobbyist who isn't a trained programmer, there are hard limits on my time, and adding in new campaign-layer interactions sometimes takes me longer than it should) or 'I'm sorry that what you want and the mod I'm actually working on have divergent design goals' (eg, 'why is there not a (name) [BCR] skin' - well, not every subfaction is meant to have every ship hull).

I'm doing what I can about the former, including a spawning industry for the Skytigers. The latter is not a problem that can be solved except by creating your own mods to your own specifications.

Also, please don't double-post. Use the edit button.

the Capella was working but crashed the game if it showed up in markets, so it’s a salvage goodie for now.
That makes me awfully sad.
Tell Alex to fix some of the issues with SHIP_WITH_MODULE stuff? It makes me sad too, but it's out of my hands.
Since I don't see it in fleets I take it the method to prevent it showing up in stores stops them from building it?
It's just not a known BP for the Magellan Protectorate faction. It might be a known BP for a Blackcollar faction that's only used to spawn ships via script, but then I'm sure some tool will decide to give them a market via console commands and come whine about it when their game crashes.
Is the Keu also locked off or just a rare spawn?
It's just rare. It might be too rare, though.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:01:25 PM by Harmful Mechanic »
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Corelious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2021, 07:48:54 PM »

I think the flying brick is the Graft - my apologies I meant no offense.  I am just incredibly enthusiastic about this mod, I literally try to start other play throughs but I can't get away from the ship design and how they play. It's just so damn good.

I understand that your time is limited, so I understand the mod is not yet completed... and that is a process that takes time. 

Will use the edit post in the future.

Can someone link an image of Keu?  Curiosity is now killing me. 

The Soldier

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2021, 09:02:46 PM »

The Keu is on the OP, just expand The Ships. It's a phase cruiser with a bunch of missile racks, Fast Missile Racks, and a BFG up front to terrorize things with. Long phase cooldown though, so use wisely!
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Corelious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2021, 09:33:38 PM »

Ah right, I remember that now - they are rare. totally forgot what it was called.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Magellan Protectorate v1.3a - Update for 0.95.1
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2021, 05:29:31 PM »

A big old balance and QoL update for 0.95.1, with a couple new things because, hey, it's the season.
Download [HERE].

BREAKS SAVES
(new game required for some features).

1.3a - 0.95.1a compatibility.
Content:
- Added Rounder Wing - heavy fighter version to Mallory, and bomber version to Mallory [LV].
- Added small Balefire MRM Tube for 5OP.

Balance:
- Reduced Silverdart cost to 8OP.
- Adjusted Kreshov slot locations (swapped Composite and Ballistic mediums) and speed (55 down to 50).
- Changed Longfire LRM to 150 HE base damage, with a 750 Fragmentation AoE on-hit effect. Top speed and missile HP both improved.
- Removed direct armor damage on Bonesaw/Boneshaker weapon family, upped base per-shot damage considerably (120 to 200) to compensate.

Campaign:
- Added characters to Magellan markets.
- Added Skytiger Guard HQ to Annore, to spawn everybody's favorite semi-competent-aristo-brute-squad in all their garish finery.
- Fixed Starfarer starting reputation irregularities.
- Fixed arms-dealer tags for Magellan weapons, ships, and subfaction skins.
- Added minor dialogue interactions at nonecon markets for Blackcollars (Crucible Base) and Levellers (Rosebriar Station)
[close]

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Magellan Protectorate v1.3a - Update for 0.95.1
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2021, 08:03:56 PM »

I need some advice. I am playing a Magellan only game thus I am building a fleet using only Magellan ships.

I got to the stage where I fight against Remnant and my god they absolutely demolish my ships. I don't know if it is an issue of the ship AI, balance or my choice of armament so this is why I ask for advice

My fleet consists of:
1 Mazian
2 Sung
1 Kant
2 Kreshov
2 Chenel
1 Capella (I pilot it because it is by far the best Magellan ship)
1 Graff
And the rest are a bunch of Dekker and janz

The ships that I am particularly having issues with are the Kreshov, Graf and the pollard. They are slow, they are kinda bulky and their ship system makes them build flux way too fast without real significant damage sometimes.

I mostly use common weapons. I tried building around Magellan weapons but with no success. The only 2 Magellan weapons that I am still using are the Solenola and Bonesaw

Edit: Nevermind. It was my fault. I built them wrong. I changed some builds and now I can defeat Remnant ships with few casualties.

My only (small) complaint is that the pollard (the leveler one) class feels too slow and its ship system feels like would go better with a low tech ship. I would suggest raising base speed of the pollard (LV)

Other than that I am having tons of fun!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 09:31:21 PM by Warnoise »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2021, 08:16:53 AM »

Hotfix for some missing system tags.

MagnusGrafSteiner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2021, 08:00:48 AM »

Hello Harmful Mechanic !!!!

O Great one !  could you please add to your weapons mod - yours  " Magnetic Hypergun" ?? which is currently only " built in option to the ship " and cant be  therefore found or bought on market.  I would love to add them to the other ships... :)
Maybe you could even add double or quad MAgnetic Hypergun weapon to the weapon list ?? .. :)
txh

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2021, 08:07:55 AM »

Those weapons are specifically balanced around being built-in only, on ships with limited or no other kinetic options. If I changed that, I'd have to also make them less powerful.

I have thought about giving the player a very small quantity of those weapons as a one-time campaign reward, though. That's the only way I'd do it.

Mira Lendin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2021, 08:09:43 AM »

I like the ships but i think they need a lil buff, the weapons are balanced but give them better "trails"!
Thanks for this mod.
^^

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2021, 12:00:25 AM »

My observation after a full campaign with Magellan ships. Note that I am not a pro at this game so bear with me if I come a stupid comment.

After fighting remnants and the dorritos, I feel like some Magellan ships could use a slight buff.

I dropped the kreshov and the pollard from my fleet because they are useless against Remnants or any fast ships tbh.

Also the sung is obsolete since the Dekker is way more useful in battle. Sung ship system isn't useful because it just makes it flux too quickly.

The Mazian for some reason always sways left and right ending up only using its frontal weapons (without going full broadside) Other than that it's an amazing ship.

The pollard needs some slight flux stats buff because as a line destroyer it reaches high Flux very quickly which isn't good in a battle against fast ships like the Remnants

The kreshov is...I don't know. I simply couldn't find it useful because of its ship system. It has no good frontal protection (like the dominator for example) and its main ballistic slots are way too far in the back losing a good chunk of range. It would be amazing if the rear slots could equip missiles or perhaps maybe a slight buff to OP.

Other than that, I like the rest of the ships.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:16:57 AM by Warnoise »

AsianGamer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2022, 11:51:30 AM »

Hey Harmful Mechanic!

I feel that levellers have a really good potential to make this mod shine. That said, I do hope you continue to expand on the faction and maybe add the levellers as a revivable faction in nexerelin (ie allow levellers to give commissions and allow the player to conquer/raid the Magellan Protectorate). All in all, I really like this mod (this and Dassault-Mikoyan) and hope you keep this up!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2022, 11:55:30 AM »

Levellers are planned to be a full half of the story content of the mod, and building them up from their starting point is a big part of that. Right now, you can pump up rep by donating equipment; in the future, I'd like to make them a more unique presence in the Sector than just another playable faction.

I'll think about 'revivable'; right now, there's a very pro-forma starting option, but I'm not really focused on giving them too much more than that; I tend to do Nex features on the basis of what's easy.

AsianGamer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2022, 12:57:48 PM »

Cool! I always like a good narrative to go along with a faction mod. Also, is there any way that I can get all Leveller blueprints, or do I have to use console commands?

Edit: I meant like the Mallory and the Leveller fighters and bombers that come with it
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:00:22 PM by AsianGamer »

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2022, 02:23:33 PM »

Hey Mechanic I see you have a YouTube channel but no content. You have any timelapse of you making your ships? I would love to see that. Also a side question, do you know if it would be possible to have a passive hull or armor rep for a ship as a hull mod or something?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12