Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.2  (Read 626719 times)

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.1
« Reply #900 on: January 06, 2022, 05:10:56 PM »

- Moved Corsica and Thracia (applies to new saves)

Bug report: Corsica now spawns directly on top of Hybrasil. So close that the stars are clipping into each other on the hyperspace map. Looks like it's hardcoded it to spawn at <-800, 600> ?

Tested with no other mods active, only Interstellar Imperium and dependencies.

SpaceDrake

• Commander
  • Mio Harcourt: fixin' the Machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 07, 2022, 03:06:49 AM »

Yeah, I was going to say, the position of the other two are solid (in particular Ex Vis avoids some of the messiness with ORA systems) but Corsica now messily overlaps with Hybrasil and is also close enough to a Shadowyards system to cause a little confusing there too. But yeah, Hybrasil and Corsica jump points are virtually on top of one another.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 07, 2022, 04:18:22 PM »

I have but one statement to make:
That station is sexy AF I just wish everything could come in marble white, that is all.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 08, 2022, 02:39:58 PM »

mod_info.json for II 2.5.1 still reports the version as 2.5.0, as does imperium.version. The change log.txt file, however, includes a section for 2.5.1.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
    • Email
[0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.2
« Reply #904 on: January 08, 2022, 09:24:40 PM »

Fixed!  Also a few more balance tweaks...

Download Interstellar Imperium 2.5.2
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.7b)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.6.1)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.10.3i -

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Version 2.5.2:
- Sebastos armor increased to 950 from 900
- Ixon flux dissipation decreased to 325 from 350, speed decreased to 65 from 70
- Lux Repeater damage increased to 45 from 40
- Telum Autocannon damage increased to 230 from 225
- Solis Cannon damage increased to 325 from 300
- ER Particle Cannon damage increased to 130 from 120
- Pulsar Cannon flux cost reduced to 22 from 30
- Pulsar Repeater flux cost reduced to 22 from 30, now a PD_ALSO weapon that fires upon missiles if no other target is in range
- Heavy Pulsar Cannon flux cost reduced to 60 from 70
- Moved Corsica (applies to new saves)

Jakro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.2
« Reply #905 on: January 09, 2022, 12:10:27 AM »

DR you are a sexy man

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 12, 2022, 11:32:59 AM »

Another great release another mandatory expansion for the game. Heaven for the military inclined and mid-line lovers alike. The ships art is very distinctive - pragmatic efficient no-nonsense murder machines. They scream "we will murder you for OUR greater good" and "don't forget to fill form 34-B before annihilation".

Versatile ships that really shine in a formation. They feel weak at first until you find their best role and specialize. Synergy is very important here and the sum of all parts is indeed greater than individual stats. Neat concept.

Especially fond of the Princeps : it's a decent carrier and a decent combatant all rolled in a compact destroyer. A bit pricey and not really suited for pure frontline duty, but can virtually fill any other role : close support, backline heavy support, true carrier with a bite ... Fantastic ship. Looks great, feels even better.

You also have introduced a new commodity that DOESN'T wreak havoc on the general market balance AFAIK. I wanna say they are maybe too easy to get - big supply both in market and black market - and to get rich from. It's legal everywhere  and everybody wants them. So it trumps all other commodities.

Last point : you did a really great job on your tooltips and descriptions, be it ships weapons or hullmods. Precise concise and very helpful to understand each role beforehand.

I almost forgot to add : there is one system you added that looks absolutely stunning. I was in absolute awe the first time I went there. And the lore is spot on. That's some great flavor all around.

Thank you for all your great work.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:43:19 AM by TontonBoo »

Usinaru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #907 on: January 13, 2022, 02:54:58 PM »

DR, I have been begging for an update on the space romans for so long! THANK YOU !!!

JohnVicres

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 26, 2022, 09:38:34 AM »

Maybe this has already been discussed, but I'll say it anyway instead of scouring 60 pages of comments.

I happen to be studying latin in university, and was really happy to see some funni roman words, but there's some corrections I'd like to make to some of 'em; it is obviously nitpicking, so apply at your discretion.

• Deus: this is masculine, Dea is correct for Minerva ;)
  • Legionary, Centurion and Legate: the rest of the faction ranks are all Latin or Latinized, so why not these two? It's so similar too, Legionarius, Centurio and Legatus...
  • Marescallum: the -m termination indicates "object", it only really makes sense in a phrase. The correct termination here is -s, so Marescallus.
  • Custodian: Custos in Latin, proper.
  • Vilicus: it's a bit weird for "fleet commander"? More fitting as a "portmaster" (Curator is perfect tho) or "outpost commander", but idk it sounds cool anyway. I'd suggest Magister.
  • Mayor: Praefectus. Google Translator kinda fails at it, but this word changes little between Latin-based languages so it's accurate.
  • Presidor: strange word, ain't Latin. Vilicus fits nicely as a stand-in for Bailiff, but "outpost commander" is a quaint title to adapt.
  • Quaestorem: Quaestor, reason already explained.
  • Praeceptorem: Praeceptor, idem.
  • Negotiatrix: female trader? I didn't check, but unless you've coded so that all traders are female, Negotiator's fine.
  • Commercium: Pecuniatores or "money men" :D
  • Mercator: Venditores, "salesmen", since Mercator's already in use.
  • Circuitus: it means "going round, revolving", not really a title or name. Vigiles fits better, explained below. Or Praeventores.
  • Vigil: Correct form would be Vigiles. Since this is a "medium patrol", and we need a name for the "small patrol", why not Praestes?
  • Auxilium: Auxilia goes better, because it will be preceded by Imperium as the faction surname, and Imperium Auxilium makes no sense.
  • Mercenarius: it's missing an n, Mercennarius.
  • Speculator: it is correct as "scout", but my personal pick would be Excursor since the small fleets are more of pirate-chasers; that said, it needs to be plural, so either Speculatores or Excursores.
  • Venator: Venatores, plural.
  • Vastator: Vastatores is uncommon, and I don't know it's use too well. Spoliatores means "despoilers", "pillagers" and the like.
  • Exercitus: c'mon now, why wouldn't you use Legio! or Classis Magna.

Edit: I forgot the Imperial Guard. Also, why not Praetorum Legio instead, or "Pretorian Guard" to keep it in English?
  • Custos: already in use. Praeventores is a good replacement, or the previous Excursores.
  • Defensio: Scutum? Classis?
  • Uigiliarium: I dunno why the sudden change to "true" Latin by trading V for U, but Vigiliarium is odd as a huge fleet anyway. Legio is always great, or Classis Magna.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:58:35 AM by JohnVicres »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]