Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Sabot hardpoint autofire problems  (Read 576 times)

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
  • "They killed my Warden again!"
    • View Profile
Sabot hardpoint autofire problems
« on: May 20, 2021, 02:50:33 PM »

I´ve noticed the Hardpoint Sabots on my Gryphon not auto-firing, only seem to fire when pointed directly at the enemy ship
I´ve checked a couple of times, they ARE in range, and only happens with Sabots; Harpoons and Breachs function normally

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Sabot hardpoint autofire problems
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 02:56:56 PM »

Could you share the exact loadout of the gryphon and a simulator battle (what enemies) where this behavior shows? The simpler the better, ideally something reproducible from the mission screen with no mods, fleetwide skills, officers, etc.

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 03:43:38 PM »

Oh, I just remembered that I´m using a mod that modifies autofire accuracy and stuff~
In my tests just a stripped Gryphon with Sabots on the side against a Venture was enough to see the missiles dont fire unless they were pointed straight to the ship
Is there a debug/battle test mode where I can Refit and test anyship? I dont have a save to test this in vanilla right away
If not and/or you cant reproduce the issue please delete the Post and sorry for bothering you Mods

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 04:31:58 PM »

Hmm, it's firing for me - a stripped Gryphon with 2 Sabot Pods on the sides vs a Venture. I suspect this may be mod-related, then.

If you open up data/config/settings.json and turn on devMode, when you get to the main menu, there'll be an "Edit Variants" button where you'll be able to pick any ship you want, outfit it, and use it in a simulation. Warning: spoilers and also devMode is not suited for regular play (possible crashes, weird behaviors, etc).

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 07:02:31 PM »

Now I´m testing in vanilla 0.95a RC-15 with a Gryphon with only 2 Sabot pods on the side and an assault gunand (+30 caps and vents) still only auto-fires the sabots when the enemy is in the actual hardpoint  arc (or moving towards it)
I´ve noticed fastest ships being shot at at a wider range than slow moving ships, it gives the impression its trying to "lead" the shots even its a guided missile
In first 2 photos the venture is being ignored by the Sabot, the third picture is the actual moment they fire.

[attachment deleted by admin]

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 07:03:46 PM »

(the creenshots ar too big, had to make separate posts even after cropping them)
pic 2 Venture still being ignored

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 07:04:32 PM »

Actual moment the missiles are being fired

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 07:05:35 PM »

Faster ships being fired at a wider arc

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 07:13:04 PM »

last one, showing again shooting in wider arc when the ship is moving towards me
the autopilot seems to have no problems firing the sabots, and I noticed no difference if I was actually targeting the enemy ship or not