Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95a] HPW - hardpoint-focused hightech Ships  (Read 1500 times)

Gaaius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95a] HPW - hardpoint-focused hightech Ships
« on: May 19, 2021, 01:22:38 AM »

This mod features 1 Ship for every size, all build around frontal-facing hardpoints and using the Temporal Shell System.
They are based on the faster and mobile ships of the sector (Tempest, Sunder, Fury, Oddyssey) to be able to aim their primary weapon systems, but suffer from very high flux usage and need to freaquently disengade to vent teir flux, unless build with low power weapons.
Pictures:
Spoiler
Frigate:

Destroyer:

Cruiser:

Capital Ship:

[close]
The Ship sprites are done using vector-graphics (with inkscape) and take the weaponsmounts and bridges from vanilla sprites.

All the ships can be build if the appropriate blueprint package is found and they have small chances to spawn in Tri-tachion fleets.

This mod adds a mission to test the ships before including the mod in your current game.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kPywoRSwho6ZdaMBOkDLAYY3QKDOXzBh/view?usp=sharing

Changelogs:
Spoiler
19.05.2021: v0.9: Published mod
[close]

I plan on releasing a similar mod for midline ships focusing on kinetic weaponry with alot more ships and kit-bashing instead of vector-graphics for the smaller ships
It is now released and can be found here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21873.0
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 01:30:43 PM by Gaaius »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] HPW - hardpoint-focused hightech Ships
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 01:26:05 AM »

Google photos shows itself as a slave of Moloch, sabotaging your post!

Can't wait to see what they look like, I've always been a sucker for hardpoint ships, as long as they're decently mobile :)

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Edit: They work now! I don't see the Deployment Point values anywhere but I hope a Cruiser with 2 large mounts, a destroyer with 2 large, 3 medium mounts and a capital with 5 front facing large mounts are way up there!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 05:13:32 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 05:12:16 AM »

I don't want to be mean but the sprites used look like placeholders and not actual sprites
Author of Fluff's Ship Pack. Check it out!
Feel free to hit me up on discord @PMMeCuteBugPhotos#0420

Gaaius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 06:14:45 AM »

I don't want to be mean but the sprites used look like placeholders and not actual sprites
*duh* thats what i think as well - im not an artists and i learned how to vector graphics and created the sprites in 3 Days; Im also not a fan of all those small details and would rather have clean and even hulls - but yes, doesnt look good at all. Feel free to mak better ones ;) than i wont have to look at mine again
(i dont really intend to remake them / mak new ones for them, youll just have fo zoom out enought ;) )

They work now! I don't see the Deployment Point values anywhere but I hope a Cruiser with 2 large mounts, a destroyer with 2 large, 3 medium mounts and a capital with 5 front facing large mounts are way up there!
Yeah, i was too stupid too realise that the preview function actually wroks and is above the text field, instead of below (...)
And regarding the DP ... i though so too, but testing reveled, that thy just dont have the flux required to sustain them and the lack of other wepons makes them quite vulnerable.
But im open to changes (in the ships_data.csv file) / thats one reason ive posted that here and feedback ragarding balancing would be appreciated
As for the ships themself: Id say that 2L is eaquall to the mounts the sunder has, maybe even less due to no 0-Flux Missiles or PD-Slots
The Cruiser definetly has to many slots, but since it cant use all of them fully Id say its okay
And for the Capital the two turretet Ls might be too much, but again: Tests revealed them to not be able to sustain that firepower