Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I pledge my soul to Starsector by making this dense montage  (Read 5023 times)

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile

That's right. I claim Starsector to be my favorite game of all time. There are many various criteria how to determine a favorite game, and, although I do not spent the most of hours into it across all games that i've played, there much to come, i'm certain of it. It's hard, really, to determine a favorite game, not as hard as determine a favorite waifu of course, but still. And as in choosing a fav waifu decisive point is uniqueness. Like, it's not cool to have the same waifu as the other million of people, something wrong about it, i can feel it. Same sort of thing as "if we all superheroes, nobody is (c)". And I feel the same for games.

All of that was said because i want to point out why i making this video. I believe with such claim comes great responsibility, I just need to make a feedback. I'd like to paint something or write a poem of some sort, or even make a mod, but i can not. It happens what i can press some buttons in a video redactor, i've done it for a while ago with not so much luck, the last montage i've made was a three years ago, i think. But hands are still remember.

So, i present to you, my magnum opus.
End-game ships spoilers warning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO82T8oruHc

The main idea of this comes from @Arcagnello , with frigates strategy and loadouts, i've slightly changed it after a build in SO nerf, invested 9 in leadership, gave scarabs sabots, change gamma cores to beta ones etc, but the main theme stays the same. Thanks for showing me that strategy.

Thanks to @DE.Calvin who allowed me to use his artwork in a youtube thumbnail. Very appreciated. I like how it work out.

So, I hope Starsector community will like that i bring today. It's very dense montage. It may be hard to catch all the pressed content by the first watch. Enjoy.

Update 1. Almost forgot, here's how it looks like in the editor, if anyone wonders.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:44:24 PM by Burvjradzite »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: I pledge my soul to Starsector by making this dense montage
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 03:34:55 PM »

Hahahaha marvelous!! :D Leadership 9 has entered the fray!

Although when you had the portrait being deformed to sing at the end it was horrifying. O_O

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 04:06:05 PM »

Memeful and decadent...just like this community demands! Wonderful stuff, the pleasure of many frigates surrounding a capital is something you just don't get when facing big ships against each other.
Watching the part about the Ziggy fight was painful though, those motes make both Alpha Cores AND frigates cry lol.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 05:27:53 PM »

Oh, Ludd forgive me, it's Perfect. The scriptures marry me to the Path, but this video has now become the son I'll never have!

The fact you not only filled this montage with memes accompanied it with Initial-D greatness but that you also thoroughly butchered absolutely everything the campaign threw at you makes this truly remarkable.

You truly bless us with your time and effort, thank you  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 06:57:56 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 06:43:52 PM »

Amazing :D

(Totally going to post a link to this on twitter, but want to wait until the weekend so it gets a more eyes on it. Do you have a twitter account you'd like me to credit?)

Although when you had the portrait being deformed to sing at the end it was horrifying. O_O

Simultaneously the worst part but also somehow the best part!

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 07:22:55 PM »

Can... I get a technical breakdown on how this worked? I see the end result but I still don't know what kind of black magic makes this so effective.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 07:26:40 PM »

Hahahaha marvelous!! :D Leadership 9 has entered the fray!

Who needs a 3 built ins anyway. I've seen an ai singing this a long time ago on reddit. I remember that to this day. There are another deformed gamma ai btw on a 3:04-3:05 simulating cough, in case you didn't seen it. I've make it even change colors as ship gets destroyed.

Memeful and decadent...just like this community demands! Wonderful stuff, the pleasure of many frigates surrounding a capital is something you just don't get when facing big ships against each other.
Watching the part about the Ziggy fight was painful though, those motes make both Alpha Cores AND frigates cry lol.
Yep, had casualties on the path to Z. Frigates not only can surround larger ships and win by the numbers, in a 1v1 fight they also have a good chances or maintain enough for the reinforcements to come. Spawncamping on the edge of the map expedition fleets is pleasure to the heart.

Oh, Ludd forgive me, it's Perfect. The scriptures marry me to the Path, but this video has now become the son I'll never have!

The fact you not only filled this montage with memes accompanied it with Initial-D greatness but that you also thoroughly butchered absolutely everything the campaign threw at you makes this truly remarkable.

You truly bless us with your time and effort, thank you  :)
Looks like i've made your thoughts on paper. As i said, without seeing your two posts i'd never try full frigates fleet myself, it quickly captured my interest. Thanks for the ludd styled devoted words, unironically i like reading those.

Amazing :D

(Totally going to post a link to this on twitter, but want to wait until the weekend so it gets a more eyes on it. Do you have a twitter account you'd like me to credit?)

Simultaneously the worst part but also somehow the best part!
Such an honor! I'm glad it catches your interest and you spared time to it.
I have a twitter account, but it's too barren, i'm not spending time in it almost whatsoever. Posting a link is already enough. It is hard to judge is a thing is good or not if i the one who created it, but if you said it's amazing, the more people will know about it the better. Just type it was made by a simple russian man, Burvjradzite. ;)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 07:29:58 PM »

Can... I get a technical breakdown on how this worked? I see the end result but I still don't know what kind of black magic makes this so effective.

It's more or less a combination of
-9 levels in leadership allowing for most fleetwide buffs + 10 level 6 officers with two Elite skills
-5 levels in technology to get Automated ships and spam Drone Frigades
-Wolfpack Tactics buffing all frigades with officers
-10 human officers on 10 frigades buffing them even further
-5 AI core officers in frigades that also receive buffs from Wolfpack tactics
-15 incredibly strong frigades overall being Hyperion, Scarab and Glimmer, all of which Overridden
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 07:37:25 PM »

Yea, so basically 9 aggressive level 6 officers with a 5 fearless beta-cores officers, enforced by wolfpack and ECM. I've put all blueprints and loadouts used in a video. Scarabs now, in 0.95, are amazing ships with a whole 250 flux dissipation, i personally think it's stronger than even tempest. The effective part comes from outnumbering opponents and picking fights with the ability of high-tech frigates survive all but a strongest damage bursts.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 07:44:18 PM »

It's more or less a combination of
-9 levels in leadership allowing for most fleetwide buffs + 10 level 6 officers with two Elite skills
-5 levels in technology to get Automated ships and spam Drone Frigades
-Wolfpack Tactics buffing all frigades with officers
-10 human officers on 10 frigades buffing them even further
-5 AI core officers in frigades that also receive buffs from Wolfpack tactics
-15 incredibly strong frigades overall being Hyperion, Scarab and Glimmer, all of which Overridden

Yea, but with a last update only glimmer received Overridening from me, i've tested it without SO, but ironically it gets killed a lot faster that way, it really need flux and speed for it's fearless personality. And scarab and hyperion kinda get hurt by spending so much op on a SO, especially after i get super-redacted weapons which eat through op very fast. Also scarab with 18 sabots performing very well. Oh, and i spared one officer for an Astral, and was lucky getting a really well statted merc officer for a falcon(p).

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 12:05:02 AM »

I'm surprised you piloted a Hyperion yourself, instead of giving it to the AI. In fact, I even wanted to lambast you for your poor performance at first, but then I remembered you haven't got any points in combat. Hyperion with some skills is pretty good.

jamplier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 01:17:36 AM »

As a capital ship enthusiast, I truly hate this game.

But yeah, it's my favorite game of all time as well.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 06:03:15 AM »

I'm surprised you piloted a Hyperion yourself, instead of giving it to the AI. In fact, I even wanted to lambast you for your poor performance at first, but then I remembered you haven't got any points in combat. Hyperion with some skills is pretty good.
Of course without combat tree it's not as a threat as with it, but nonetheless hyperion is pleasure to pilot and with mobility and flux like this i can be whenever i need to help my forces or distract the enemy. Until i got hyperion i was piloting afflictor, collecting every possible d-mod over the course of early game, then i get tri-tech commission and eventually upgrade my fleet.

As a capital ship enthusiast, I truly hate this game.

But yeah, it's my favorite game of all time as well.
Capital ships indeed got a hard time right now. It's funny how given enough time something you like can also become something you hate at the same time. I had similar feelings at the launch of new patch then drover and carriers as a whole got nerfed to the ground. Denial, rage, acceptance. And eventually I come out with this new frigate strategy and finally found inner peace again, perfect tranquility.

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 06:41:35 AM »

Great video! SS needs more meme videos to be more popular game. It is time.
Spoiler
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2021, 08:18:24 AM »

It is hard to judge is a thing is good or not if i the one who created it, but if you said it's amazing, the more people will know about it the better. Just type it was made by a simple russian man, Burvjradzite. ;)

It is, and will do :)
Pages: [1] 2