Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I pledge my soul to Starsector by making this dense montage  (Read 5087 times)

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I pledge my soul to Starsector by making this dense montage
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »

Capital ships indeed got a hard time right now. It's funny how given enough time something you like can also become something you hate at the same time. I had similar feelings at the launch of new patch then drover and carriers as a whole got nerfed to the ground. Denial, rage, acceptance. And eventually I come out with this new frigate strategy and finally found inner peace again, perfect tranquility.

True acceptance is knowing that sometimes, losses will be taken and that they don't matter because frigates are dirt cheap to restore anyway. Besides, frigate rushes are much more exciting IMO than Drover spam and hitting 'Z' once ever could be. That tactic needed to be removed for the good of the game.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2021, 02:54:56 AM »

Now try it with low tech and dere-derelicts.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2021, 03:03:59 AM »

XIV Onslaught spam with derelict contingent and 5 Dmods each probably breaks the game even harder than this to be honest  ;D
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2021, 07:54:18 AM »

I don't mean derelict contingent but the derelicts drone ships(the one that protect probes etc).
Try to use Wolf pack with low tech frigates and derelicts frigates with the same skill build.

ZaBici

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2021, 08:56:13 AM »

Oh dude! You bring great honor to wolf-packers.

It's how I started playing the game, it's how I always end up playing the game. SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.clarkson

Falcon P's is what makes it possible imo. The capital of wolf-packs. Well an Odyssey deeper into the game but I digress.

@Alex you should go towards multiplayer man, I'd love to fight these fools on my setup XDDD
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 10:07:08 AM by ZaBici »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2021, 12:03:07 PM »

Oh dude! You bring great honor to wolf-packers.

It's how I started playing the game, it's how I always end up playing the game. SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.clarkson

Falcon P's is what makes it possible imo. The capital of wolf-packs. Well an Odyssey deeper into the game but I digress.

@Alex you should go towards multiplayer man, I'd love to fight these fools on my setup XDDD

Pirate Falcons are such a great Pirate ship most people sleep on, along with the Atlas Mk.2.
Loading the Falcon(P)s with either full harpoons, Sabots or a combination of both (maybe even Typhoon Reaper Launchers, they're spicy too despite not going over your allies like good old harpoons). Makes for an amazing direct attack or support platform.

I'd also like Multiplayer to become a thing, namely a co-op campaign and a simple PvP mode at default battle size but I also do realize it would  be a massive undertaking (in both time to develop and costs to hold the servers up).

That said, humiliating Paragon Spam fleets with a bunch of Leeroy Jenkins Derelict Contingent, Shield Shunt XIV Onslaughts in the "Quick Battle" queue would fill my evening with sadistic joy for years.

I don't mean derelict contingent but the derelicts drone ships(the one that protect probes etc).
Try to use Wolf pack with low tech frigates and derelicts frigates with the same skill build.

Domain Era Explorarium Drone Frigades are not all that great to be perfectly honest. But I could see a modicum of use to them: I think there's a 2 Deployment Point Explorarium Frigade with missile hardpoints and fast missile racks. I could see it being somewhat useful with a gamma core carrying Missile Expertise, ECCM and Salamanders. I don't think it also has a medium missile slot but I would definetly slap a Pilum LRM in there if it did.

Edit: it may be from a mod, but I'm pretty sure there's the one little annoying box of a frigade shooting nothing
but missiles in Vanilla, I'm just not sure if indeed gets fast missile racks or not.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 12:16:42 PM by Arcagnello »

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2021, 04:52:53 PM »

Hmmmm. Wolf-pack got enough attention, now about yare yare daze dere-derelicts. It's a bunch of junk, but. Maybe, just maybe this junk can be put to good use using with said Derelict Contingent skill, simultaneously using this skill i can launch almost double the amount of them d-modded drones. Rampart and Sentry is the best of the worst for that purpose.

Domain Era Explorarium Drone Frigades are not all that great to be perfectly honest. But I could see a modicum of use to them: I think there's a 2 Deployment Point Explorarium Frigade with missile hardpoints and fast missile racks. I could see it being somewhat useful with a gamma core carrying Missile Expertise, ECCM and Salamanders. I don't think it also has a medium missile slot but I would definetly slap a Pilum LRM in there if it did.

Edit: it may be from a mod, but I'm pretty sure there's the one little annoying box of a frigade shooting nothing
but missiles in Vanilla, I'm just not sure if indeed gets fast missile racks or not.
As said, Sentry and Rampart as derelicts. Now to the main dish, SO Mora and Legion, SO Dominator (Your Crab), maybe enforcers or lashers. All reckless officers ofc. I imagine it to be ludd-themed, i don't know how it interferes with drones, but these drones as junky as remaining luddites fleet, so. Thinking of using Powerwolf – In the Name of God song for the next video. In the name of Ludd, yea, sounds neat. The difficult part is to roll not so degraded d-mods. Do you know, can i "bait" carrier d-mods on normal ships by installing converted hangar?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2021, 05:16:32 AM »

Hmmmm. Wolf-pack got enough attention, now about yare yare daze dere-derelicts. It's a bunch of junk, but. Maybe, just maybe this junk can be put to good use using with said Derelict Contingent skill, simultaneously using this skill i can launch almost double the amount of them d-modded drones. Rampart and Sentry is the best of the worst for that purpose.

As said, Sentry and Rampart as derelicts. Now to the main dish, SO Mora and Legion, SO Dominator (Your Crab), maybe enforcers or lashers. All reckless officers ofc. I imagine it to be ludd-themed, i don't know how it interferes with drones, but these drones as junky as remaining luddites fleet, so. Thinking of using Powerwolf – In the Name of God song for the next video. In the name of Ludd, yea, sounds neat. The difficult part is to roll not so degraded d-mods. Do you know, can i "bait" carrier d-mods on normal ships by installing converted hangar?

I'd personally forsake the Derelict drones entirely and primarily focus on Leadership with 5 skills into tech and 4 into Industry (for derelict contingent) for a low tech fleet befitting the glory that is Powerwolf!

I'd go for 1)XIV Shield Shunt Onslaughts, 2) Overridden Moras and Overridden XIV Enforcers. All with reckless officers and/or reckless fleet doctrine (since it also applies reckless to the ships in your fleet without either AI cores or human officers.

XIV Onslaught it's probably the most broken ship Low tech has to offer, and I did not even play it with 5Dmods and Derelict Contingent. It does not even care about two gimmicks out of 4 of endgame enemies (those two being EMP damage and massive Kinetic/frag damage) and just buzzsaws them to death until the Horseshoe Crab explods. You can find the exact Onslaught build here in the two last replies of the thread: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20699.msg326204#msg326204

XIV Dominator also works very well, but does not really hold a candle to the Onslaught. It's still plenty strong tough!

Overridden Mora is probably the most effective 20DP ship in the game as long as its PPT does not run out. Integrated Heavy Armor, Reinforced Bulkheads and Expanded Missile Racks, then you also want Hardened Subsystems, Armored weapon mounts, Solar shielding and Automated Repair unit. The Mora has very low OP so you might have to cut on some of the hullmods above. The weapon setup is 3 Khopesh rocket bombers, a single light assault gun for the carrier to act as a direct combat vessel and PD everywhere else.

Overridden XIV Enforcer is basically a mini Onslaught that's heavy on missiles. Integrate Heavy Armor, Reinforced Bulkheads and Expanded Missile Racks Give it a full sabot loadout, 1-2 Assault chainguns and 3-4 Heavy machineguns. Hullmods are the same as the Mora above.

Both Mora and Enfoercer can work with shield shunt but they're fine even without it, they're all plenty strong even without Derelict COntingent but I don't see you beating the perfectly balanced endgame bounty without it unless you do some serious tryharding.

As for soundtracks, I suggest you to also check "Incense And Iron"

And this eargasmic orchestral album

Have a blast man :)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:19:58 AM by Arcagnello »

ZaBici

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2021, 06:29:18 AM »

Pirate Falcons are such a great Pirate ship most people sleep on, along with the Atlas Mk.2.
Loading the Falcon(P)s with either full harpoons, Sabots or a combination of both (maybe even Typhoon Reaper Launchers, they're spicy too despite not going over your allies like good old harpoons). Makes for an amazing direct attack or support platform.

I'd also like Multiplayer to become a thing, namely a co-op campaign and a simple PvP mode at default battle size but I also do realize it would  be a massive undertaking (in both time to develop and costs to hold the servers up).

That said, humiliating Paragon Spam fleets with a bunch of Leeroy Jenkins Derelict Contingent, Shield Shunt XIV Onslaughts in the "Quick Battle" queue would fill my evening with sadistic joy for years.

Don't get me started dude, Been on the wolf-pack mentality when everyone swore by capitals and went full red tree instead of proper green/blue/yellow fleet skills. Well, I still think there's a bigger following on that.

That aside, your setup sounds like such a hit and run that it "kinda"(It does) pisses me off I didn't think of it before/first. That's a whole nother playstyle right there.

But no, I play them as offensive tanks, with a balance between kinetic / and annihilator rocket launcher and /or pods. The idea behind it is that they have to be able to put pressure on small fries or outright kill them if they overextend; and be able to kite larger ships with speed and some form of pressure. A balance of offensive and defensive. I don't actually use them as finishers.

But, they are SO versatile, a great platform for whatever you want to throw at it. Steady commanders = tanky build, agressive commanders - maneuvrability tanks or reckless but I've never used them on that. Reckless is reserved for my spear head, the Odyssey B-).

I evolved the playstyle though, from wolfs and any high speed I could get my hands on. Been miring the centurions lately, 4 deployment points and 500 armor?!!! TF! Way OP. They toe with capitals ahahaha. That's a trick for when things turn south. Otherwise I never use them, too op.

Btw...this is for 0.91a. Still haven't gotten around upgrading. sadface.png

LE: Looked up derelict contingent .. nah dog, that thing's too op. No fun. Looks like a cheat code to me, but props to whoever found it. It does have that spirit of junkers that I love but taken to fantasy realm.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 06:31:36 AM by ZaBici »

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2021, 05:58:02 PM »

As for soundtracks, I suggest you to also check "Incense And Iron"

And this eargasmic orchestral album

Have a blast man :)

Powerwolf always reminds me of Ymfah, I guess this community also feels kind of like the Soulsborne one, full of tryhards,  friendly lunatics and lore addicts lol.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2021, 10:18:34 AM »

Fighting the urge to post a video of low tech ships getting destroyed in all the same fights with Jurassic Park Kazoo music playing. My apologies.

Excellent video editing btw.

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2021, 05:22:00 PM »

Fighting the urge to post a video of low tech ships getting destroyed in all the same fights with Jurassic Park Kazoo music playing. My apologies.

Do it.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2021, 10:15:35 AM »

Do it.

Dew et
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2021, 10:18:25 AM »

Do it.

Dew et

It's not the Jedi way, it's the tryhard way
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:20:47 AM by Arcagnello »
Pages: 1 [2]