Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tesseracts  (Read 8091 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tesseracts
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 04:58:58 AM »

With only two s-mods, Reinforced Bulkhead is a cost on Ziggurat.  I could squeeze it in, but I cannot get everything, unless maybe with Special Modifications, but I do not have that if I have Automated Ships.

But Ziggurat is not the only ship I had in mind in Reinforced Bulkheads.  I meant EVERY ship I pilot (and those that do not have officers).  Very noticeable if I chain Dooms, Harbingers, and Afflictors but lose some.  Sometimes, if I use Conquest or Paragon, then crash and burn it, and I want to swap to another ship instead of wait several minutes for the rest of my fleet to finish the fight.

Stormlock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2021, 09:31:52 AM »

I encountered these things fairly early in my game and got wiped. Came back much later with what I thought was an amazing fleet and got wiped again after the splits. At that point I decided to start save scumming and lost several more fights before using a harbinger, which is basically cheating as far as I'm concerned. It's ability is just broken, letting you ignore what are basically invincible shields and infinite flux stats and movement speed. A dozen overdriven tempests couldn't surround these things, capital ships can't out flux them before they just back off (unless they walk into a bunch of sabots which is just gambling) and the whole thing felt pretty cheap to be honest. Even if I had done something incredibly boring like build an entire sacrificial fleet to fly out there expressly just to look at them and come back with a real fleet, I'd have been surprised by the splitting phase and lost anyways.

The problem is that by the time you're capable of fielding a fleet that can take them, the only thing losing a fleet means is that you need to alt tab and watch a movie while your production builds you a new fleet. It runs very counter to the ironman philosophy that the rest of the game encourages. The reward for winning is also kind of a joke. The shunt itself is useless and the weapons, while cool, are pretty meaningless without anything to fight against. And as we've already established, the endgame fights are all about using things like harbingers or dooms to make your weapon loadout irrelevant. Could probably win with a fleet armed with nothing but thumpers and vulcans and still win with harbingers.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2021, 01:04:53 PM »

Easiest zero losses fight in my life with wolfpacked 15 officered frigates and astral with sparks on top. If ai would understand a thing I'd type gg ez at the end of a battle.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2021, 10:16:47 AM »

a game that's "supposed to be played ironman"

Where are you getting that idea? I can't see any mention of that on the site and I'm pretty sure Iron Made is toggled *off* by default.

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2021, 08:25:52 PM »

a game that's "supposed to be played ironman"

Where are you getting that idea? I can't see any mention of that on the site and I'm pretty sure Iron Made is toggled *off* by default.
Character creation, tooltip on ironman mode.
Spoiler
[close]

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2021, 05:28:36 AM »

Okay. But I'd argue that's just old left-over text, since it mentions alpha and is off by default. And not repeated anywhere else where a new player would actually see it.

Oh and directly contradicted by the tutorial, which hammers "quick save" into new players over and over.
Pages: 1 [2]