Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon 1.4.3d Variant Fix  (Read 116014 times)

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.6
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2022, 08:41:39 PM »

Hmmm
If you want to stick with the Japanese vibe then maybe Boshin War era ships could be a good fit? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_ironclad_K%C5%8Dtetsu

Yes, this looks do-able to me. One thing I'm not sure about is which type of ship we're still missing from the mods. Some say phase and I would like to do some submarine phase ships. This iron-clad can be frigate or maybe? BTW, this is what I'm currently working on. Cheers!

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2022, 05:42:22 PM »

Hmmm
If you want to stick with the Japanese vibe then maybe Boshin War era ships could be a good fit? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_ironclad_K%C5%8Dtetsu

Yes, this looks do-able to me. One thing I'm not sure about is which type of ship we're still missing from the mods. Some say phase and I would like to do some submarine phase ships. This iron-clad can be frigate or maybe? BTW, this is what I'm currently working on. Cheers!

Looks good.

Phase with an emphasis on sniping since Musashi is about the distance?
Torpedo boats?

Most of the ships focus on forward facing fighting.
Maybe mortar ships? But that would only work if gravity is involved

Latrios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2022, 02:56:54 AM »

I appear to be unable to construct the Susanowo at my colony. It subtracts money from both myself and the colony, and eventually builds up the right amount of credits in production, but the ship never spawns and the colony keeps charging me money. Any help with this?

It appears to be exclusively with the Susanowo, at least of the ships I've built so far.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2022, 03:49:45 AM »

I appear to be unable to construct the Susanowo at my colony. It subtracts money from both myself and the colony, and eventually builds up the right amount of credits in production, but the ship never spawns and the colony keeps charging me money. Any help with this?

It appears to be exclusively with the Susanowo, at least of the ships I've built so far.

Hey Bro, I'm sad to hear that. I never built one in my playthrough but I did some testing today. I test order it through salvage yard and it didn't work the first time but it work after I order something else first then Susanowo. Then I try to reduce the cost and order it through a small colony I have and I didn't have any issue. I'm still not sure how to solve your problem but I suggest you download the 'console' mod. Press 'Ctrl+Backspace' and type in 'addships mm_susanowo_standard'. And you will get it.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.6a
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2022, 05:41:15 AM »

Guys, I just realize that I messed up Kuzuryu's art somehow. And weapons and engines are not arranged properly in 1.2.6. I've fixed and reuploaded the mod.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2022, 09:55:40 PM »

For some reason the Nesaku no longer has a Autofit variant

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2022, 04:09:10 AM »

Thanks for the mod, it's great fun.

A small request: would it be possible to add some sort of projectile trail for the biggest guns? Shells that do 3000 damage should be more visually impressive imo... just the flying bullet is nearly invisible in large battles

kokuto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2022, 04:26:49 AM »

Very nice mod. More enjoyable than it first appears.

May I ask if you might create a rendition of Space Battleship Yamato? As true to the vessel as possible?

As well as include the Alpha Core version of the Bishamonten that's alluded to in the text?

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2022, 05:01:02 AM »

Very nice mod. More enjoyable than it first appears.

May I ask if you might create a rendition of Space Battleship Yamato? As true to the vessel as possible?

As well as include the Alpha Core version of the Bishamonten that's alluded to in the text?

Hey man,

Thanks! I'm not sure about Yamato. That was what gave me the idea of this mod but the weapon arrangement on Space Battleship Yamato is quite hard to do. That I why I came up with something more appropriate to the SS universe. If I have time I will try to create the Bishamon with Alpha Core version. I've got accepted into a master program and is super super busy right now.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2022, 05:37:59 PM »

Not sure if you've heard of a mod called Aria Rising but combining WW2 Germany with your mod which is WW2 Japan makes for a great theme space fleet

Danoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2022, 12:26:50 PM »

What's the difference with alpha and Beta cores bis?

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2022, 08:04:02 PM »

What's the difference with alpha and Beta cores bis?

I have not thought about it yet ;D. When I start the mod, I want Bishamonten to be an OP ship that is not too op and add some mystery to the lore. So I keep the Alpha Core version as mysteries. Maybe an Alpha Core version is better in every way but cannot be controlled. I'm not sure. ;D

Rei Akiba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2022, 09:36:20 PM »

this mod is really good, really sparks my inner weeb anime enthusiast for anime styled ships (like creature mods, Yuri expedition, royal azalea, aria the escalation, and the new mod United Auroran Federation), keep up the good work. I have a suggestion, im not trying it yet, for the lore purpose i think this ships should be a BP loot ships, not good for independent Open Market, bcs i give some mystery and uniqueness for this ships like "an ancient designs, but really advanced than our conventional technology counterparts". Yeah thats all, keep up the good work

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2022, 07:52:17 AM »

Thanks, man! I'm glad you enjoy the mod. Sadly, I will start my graduate degree in Ohio this August and would not be able to work on the mod for at least six months and possibly more. So if there is anyone who likes to take it on and push it forward I would be glad to hand over all the files. I will keep updating the mod to work with any new version of SC, though. So don't worry about that. Cheers!

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2022, 09:57:20 AM »

First off I love the flavour of this mod, being a history nerd and seeing the designs instantly made me download this, and I have not regretted it. Thanks for all your hard work!

Question, is the Kuzuryu large turrets working properly? they only face forward at very narrow arcs (well compared to all other ships of this mod I've played). The description almost seems like it mentions this till I noticed all the front large turret only ships have that "frontal focus" phrase.

I don't have a problem with these angles (maybe another 10 degrees would be nice but I'm ok with it as is) but considering its only ship in modpack I've played that has it (so far, haven't played all small ships nor the super biggun yet) it just makes me curious if its intentional.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19