Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon 1.4.3d Variant Fix  (Read 122164 times)

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.5
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2022, 11:23:02 PM »

The ships are definitely performing they're not super powered or getting demolished. The capitals are in a good spot but the cruisers are definitely over performing for their DP. The problem is the medium rail gun--equip a gongen with 5 hyper velocity guns vs 5 fujins and the difference is massive. The medium rails should be 15 OP for their performance or just decrease their damage to be slightly higher than the HVG's.

In big fleet fights i'm not seeing any huge performance difference but when compared in the simulation the cruisers are easily slaughtering more expensive ships. I'm using my vanilla apogees as a measuring stick and the gongen should be 20 DP or have 10 OP removed. If you put it up against a 22 DP eagle it will slaughter it handily and it's only 18 DP. I put it up against 25 DP of frigates and it didn't even lose it's armor.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2022, 03:16:14 AM »

The ships are definitely performing they're not super powered or getting demolished. The capitals are in a good spot but the cruisers are definitely over performing for their DP. The problem is the medium rail gun--equip a gongen with 5 hyper velocity guns vs 5 fujins and the difference is massive. The medium rails should be 15 OP for their performance or just decrease their damage to be slightly higher than the HVG's.

In big fleet fights i'm not seeing any huge performance difference but when compared in the simulation the cruisers are easily slaughtering more expensive ships. I'm using my vanilla apogees as a measuring stick and the gongen should be 20 DP or have 10 OP removed. If you put it up against a 22 DP eagle it will slaughter it handily and it's only 18 DP. I put it up against 25 DP of frigates and it didn't even lose it's armor.

You're right. I think the issue is more from the rail rifle than the ship layout. The rail should be at least 16 in its current state which brings the cost too cost to large weapons in my opinion. I think I will nerf the damage a little and adjust the OP cost to 14.

The main reason the rail rifle is overpowered is that when it hit the shield, it does 200% damage - similar to a regular energy weapon but when it hit armor, it doesn't do 50, it explodes and does 100% damage.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 03:37:28 AM by PuffyJelly »

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2022, 06:39:41 PM »

I meant to say that without the ATC, the ships are just average.. Fairly fast in a straight line, but turn like slugs unmodded. The medium furi is 13, but there are several medium weapons that go 15 plus. Notably Telums and bladebreaker stuff. Some of the medium energies go up to 16, and stuff like the the thrush missiles and a bunch of other medium missiles are 14+.

Anyway, simulation isnt a good way to judge ship system adjustments. A great dueling ship will often be wrecked in a fleet battle. If youre going to use simulator, a good judge of where youre at is using Higaran Saajuk-Khar and just record how long it takes you to die and how much damage you were able to inflict. After mucho investment and farming blueprints, i do have some ships that can win with max lvl captains, just using AI...but thats not a normal metric by any stretch.

Cirind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2022, 11:28:09 AM »

Insert Space Battleship Yamato Theme there

Lovely mod cx. Love ships design.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

toastyblitz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2022, 11:28:54 AM »

Firstly, absolutely love this mod. I've been wanting to do a "WWII themed" mod for awhile, so I'm glad someone else did first  :D

Two notes:
The Ebisu's don't have the CARRIER tag in the ship_data, so at least in my playthroughs they actively engage at point blank with their PD weaponry. I added it in, and they now behave sensibly and hang back from the front line.

The Susanowo's main gun projectiles seem a bit.. lackluster, from a visual standpoint. The first time I used it I wasn't 100% sure it fired, at least until a ship downrange exploded spectacularly. 

LordKhorne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2022, 06:30:23 PM »

hey man I'm planning to make a mod where I put enterprise cv-6 into the game. we cool?

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2022, 08:34:20 PM »

hey man I'm planning to make a mod where I put enterprise cv-6 into the game. we cool?

You meant a new mod that will put the Enterprise into the game, right? Yea, I'm cool! I don't think you need my permission on that. Can't wait to see it!

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.6
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2022, 06:11:43 AM »

Hi all,

The update 1.2.6 is up. It's main goal is to balance the ships and weapons. Both medium and large rail rifles are nerfed a little. Gongen and Hachiman's deployment cost is increased and some of their parameters are adjusted. I also add sprites for the hull mods and fix some janky artwork. Hope you guys like it.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 09:14:23 AM by PuffyJelly »

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2022, 11:07:19 AM »

I had a thought.  What if there was a mod that put in ships from the Age of Sail into the game?   Except we have solar sails

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2022, 10:24:31 PM »

I had a thought.  What if there was a mod that put in ships from the Age of Sail into the game?   Except we have solar sails

Yea my original idea of making the mod comes from age of sails. One idea that might work is to make a ghost-phased man o' war. But I scratched it in the design phase as I'm not sure how to implement the design into SS properly.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2022, 10:48:25 PM »

Yea my original idea of making the mod comes from age of sails. One idea that might work is to make a ghost-phased man o' war. But I scratched it in the design phase as I'm not sure how to implement the design into SS properly.

True, and the AI isn't too good with broadside ships

Another thought I would have would still be Japanese-related, but the ships would be based on the "floating castle" designs from Medieval era Japan and would perform the opposite of Musashi ships.  Close combat rather than distance combat, short-ranged missiles, tractor beams.  Too bad the game doesn't have boarding actions, but I suppose it can be simulated as homing torpedos that do more disabling actions rather than hull damage. 

https://shogun2-encyclopedia.com/units/heavy_ship_heavy_bune.html

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2022, 09:15:29 PM »

Another thought I would have would still be Japanese-related, but the ships would be based on the "floating castle" designs from Medieval era Japan and would perform the opposite of Musashi ships.  Close combat rather than distance combat, short-ranged missiles, tractor beams.  Too bad the game doesn't have boarding actions, but I suppose it can be simulated as homing torpedos that do more disabling actions rather than hull damage. 

Hey good idea. I'm not a fan of the turtle/fortress, though. Maybe I can do 'junk' or galleon or greek ramship with big turret and small broadsides.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2022, 10:46:55 AM »

Hey good idea. I'm not a fan of the turtle/fortress, though. Maybe I can do 'junk' or galleon or greek ramship with big turret and small broadsides.

Hmmm
If you want to stick with the Japanese vibe then maybe Boshin War era ships could be a good fit? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_ironclad_K%C5%8Dtetsu

Aceje88

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2022, 02:16:57 PM »

This mod really makes me miss Conquest : Frontier Wars. God that game needs a proper remaster.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19