Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon 1.4.3d Variant Fix  (Read 115836 times)

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hi all,

I upload a new version that adds some more contents and various balance changes. Here is a picture of everything with updated contents. Enjoy!

Spoiler
[close]

dEVoRaTriX_LuX

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Can't seem to access it via your patreon, do I need to subscribe to access it?
Hi all,

I upload a new version that adds some more contents and various balance changes. Here is a picture of everything with updated contents. Enjoy!

Spoiler

[close]

nekoworkshop

• Ensign
    • View Profile

lol the download link literally points to a post that is behind paywall.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hi all,

Spoiler

[close]

Sorry guys, I'm new to this. I remove the Patreon only things on the post.

dEVoRaTriX_LuX

• Ensign
    • View Profile

No problem dude, appreciate the quick response.

Hi all,

Spoiler

[close]

Sorry guys, I'm new to this. I remove the Patreon only things on the post.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

thanks for the update!  I would love to see a couple more fighter planes in the nest update!

speaking of patreon hopefully in the next few months i will strike it rich so i can throw all of the modders a bone!

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

thanks for the update!  I would love to see a couple more fighter planes in the nest update!

speaking of patreon hopefully in the next few months i will strike it rich so i can throw all of the modders a bone!

Hey bro, thanks for the kind word. Don't worry about the Patreon thing, I just use it as a file-sharing site. What I need is some feedback on the balance if you have any. I didn't have much time to test the mod myself right now as my main save is pretty deep in the game and I'm not ready to start anew, yet...  ;D

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

i have a similar issue, im perfecting my ss build for the playthrough so i havent really gotten to ACTUALLY PLAY the game in weeks, other than some very short playtesting and making sure my recording setup functions properly

from what i have done so far (keep in mind i only tested the original upload, so i dont know about it since your changes)  they are just fine and not OP at all [now i didnt test every weapon, just the two biggest ship and the missile destroyer/ it has a single large hybrid(?)]  and SOME of the weapons: in particular the small laser cannon and the medium flak (I F***ING LOVE THAT FLAK GUN AND THE LASERS ARE GOOD TOO, however, not sure that the twin laser should have built in pd capability.  being that it is a main damage dealer i found myself somewhat annoyed that it wasnt focusing fire on ships)

i would say they are just fine and will fit in PERFECTLY in the modiverse (please remember i essentially have every mod from the community enabled.  no, i am not kidding)

there are A LOT of ships in the modiverse that provide PLENTY of challenge for your ships.

a good example would be pulse industry that just dropped an update for 95: they have a super capital ship that is essentially a mobile station

speaking of mobile stations there was a mod for .91 that literally just made stations pilotable (top speed with boost is 60; on average they move more like 5 su so its perfectly fine. i really hope that mod doesnt die. i would love to have a mobile star fortress fleet that functions as a colony on the move)
well, thats not entirely true that creator did more than that there were also some cool variations

anyway in my opinion i wouldnt nerf them at all.  there are PLENTY of mods that far outclass your ships on a ship by ship basis, even though they are quite powerful.

HOWEVER they are definitely onpar or perhaps better in many cases than the most powerful vanilla ships, just at a glance anyway i havent done in depth testing.

NOW that that is out of the way, PLEASE DONT NERF MY BADASS SPACE BATTLESHIPS!!!!!!! lmfao thats my opinion.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

:D :D :D

Thanks for the input and encouragement, bro. I want to keep my ship a little on the advantage side also!

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

you betcha!

and remember: The Invincible Omni EyeBolt is always watching  ;)

.....courtesy of 6Chad.Noirlee9

Have a great day!

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile

I've played around with this some and I'm a total fan!  I'm sorely tempted to start a new play through just using these ships :D  Sadly I think the AI tends to be a bit brain dead with these types of ships so I'm worried about that.  But I love these massive damage high reload guns :D  Go space battleships go!

Err...  There is one thing you'll probably want to look into balance wise though.  The fighter wing has the normal small sized annihilator rocket launcher which makes them horrifyingly powerful.  They easily dump the first volley of rockets into an enemies face fly over them and then basically wipe out the enemy with repeated massed rocket strikes against the unshielded sides of the ships.  Including vs the Paragon!

Also making a battle carrier would be awesome :D  Something like the Japanese conversions:

I did make a quick and dirty copy paste of what it might look like based off of the normal BB this mod adds:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:46:58 PM by captinjoehenry »

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

I've played around with this some and I'm a total fan!  I'm sorely tempted to start a new play through just using these ships :D  Sadly I think the AI tends to be a bit brain dead with these types of ships so I'm worried about that.  But I love these massive damage high reload guns :D  Go space battleships go!

Err...  There is one thing you'll probably want to look into balance wise though.  The fighter wing has the normal small sized annihilator rocket launcher which makes them horrifyingly powerful.  They easily dump the first volley of rockets into an enemies face fly over them and then basically wipe out the enemy with repeated massed rocket strikes against the unshielded sides of the ships.  Including vs the Paragon!

Also making a battle carrier would be awesome :D  Something like the Japanese conversions:

I did make a quick and dirty copy paste of what it might look like based off of the normal BB this mod adds:

Hey man, glad you like the mod. I like the idea of battleship carriers also. If you want me to help you to create a simple mod for you with art you're making I can do or if you want me to add yours into my mod I will do it. I just want to have your consent first.

I have a weird feeling about the fighter, too. I didn't play much with the carrier so I got very little experience balancing it. I will make a copy of annihilator with smaller bursts and ammo. I think it should help.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 05:03:33 AM by PuffyJelly »

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey man, glad you like the mod. I like the idea of battleship carriers also. If you want me to help you to create a simple mod for you with art you're making I can do or if you want me to add yours into my mod I will do it. I just want to have your consent first.

I have a weird feeling about the fighter, too. I didn't play much with the carrier so I got very little experience balancing it. I will make a copy of annihilator with smaller bursts and ammo. I think it should help.
No need to ask!  The art I showed was literally just me doing a copy paste from the big carrier in the mod to the BB :P  And a battle carrier could do with a proper sprite.  I literally just copy pasted the middle rear part of the carrier onto the back of the BB.  So yes please go for it!  Feel free to use my crappy copy paste job as a base but it could probably do with a more proper sprite instead of just a copy paste like I did:

Also I do have a small bug to report.  It seems like the various Wands do their flak burst when they hit the enemy collision circle which vs large ships means that they burst a good ways away from the enemies actual hull and there fore deal no damage.  It's not an issue vs small fighers and such but it looks odd vs enemy capitals and also means no damage is dealt vs capitals at various angles
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 10:49:49 PM by captinjoehenry »

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

Yea. I found the same issue today when I'm testing the fighter. The issue here is that their collision radius is the same as the maximum damage radius (same as vanilla flak). My plan to increase the maximum damage radius so their damage is a little more reliable to larger ships.

Stealth

• Ensign
    • View Profile

FINALLY
wood decks in space
"it is what it is"  ~me every 30 seconds
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19