Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon 1.4.3d Variant Fix  (Read 115963 times)

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hi all,

This is Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs!
Meet your beloved Battleships from WW2 in space!

Version 1.4.3d Download Here (Patreon, no paywall)

Super contributors
Ciruno - Copy writing, Lore design

I've dreamt of having a battleship in space for a while so I decided to make some and end up making a bunch of them and think it would be great to share. The mod also features some weapons to go with the theme. If you're ship-head you would have known some of them. The ship may not look like the same theme as vanilla but they're pretty compatible color-wise. Just give it a shot. Hope you guys enjoy and let me know if you have any requests or comments. Cheers!

Short Description:
- The ships are the offensive focus. They come with a special ammo feeder and targeting core. This leaves room for little else hence smaller cargo and fuel capacity.
- The weapons have high alpha and long reload. Watch out for flux consumption spike when fired!

Compatibility:
As this is just a ship pack, it should be compatible with everything, including Nexerelin.

Change log:
Spoiler
Change log (1.4.3d):
- Fix "GoalVariant: false" on all variant to "true". So that they can be selected to autofit. \ thanks IGdood

Change log (1.4.3c - 0.97a):
- Update game version
- Fix issues with some names being case-sensitive \ thanks turtil
- Updated spawn rate of all hulls in the fleet. I don't have much time to play the game so please let me know if this is overturned or not.

Change log (1.4.3b):
- Fixed Susanowo PD render order/ thanks kazako.

Change log (1.4.3a):
- Fixed the appearance of an unwanted weapon and ship.

Change log (1.4.3):
- Big contribution from Ciruno. Super appreciated. Update the description of both ships and weapons. They should be a bit more consistent overall.

Change log (1.4.2):
- Add two new ships Isetsu and Kurao. One is a phase ship. They can be spawned by pirates and are independent but very rare. They can be obtained through the black market or their own rare bp!
- The phase ship might be a bust so let me know what you think.
- Fix Ebisu_L weapon mounts not line up properly.
- Update sprites of Amaterasu and Mikaboshi. Now they look a bit more like a precious flagship.

Change log (1.4.1a):
- Fixed offset of the Basan Flame Spitter

Change log (1.4.1):
- Added separate blueprints for rare Musashi ships (mm_rare_bp). More ships with iron-cladded hulls will be added to this.
- Added a new weapon called Tadaiji Lance. It can be accessed from the new rare blueprint. It is a lite version of the Onryo Rift Cannon.
- Move Kuzuryu and Kajin into the new rare blueprint.
- Update sprites of older weapons and add animation to Onryo Rift Cannon. I think it is kind of cool. Check it out.
- Added new weapons call Shisa Twin Cannon. It is a double-barrel version of the cannon with a higher rate of fire.
- Added a new wing called Bushi Hunter. It is a marine squad each comes with a cryo-flamethrower. It is very against light armor targets.
- Adjust the look of Kuzuryu a bit.
- Adjust damage of Tengu burst battery. I found it lackluster previously. (Most of the weapons in this mod have higher DPS but the downtime between shots allows the enemy to vent/retreat which is a very noticeable downside.)

Change log (1.4):
- My first try on balance update. with comments from BadDragon and [REDACTED], I try my best to update the mod while keeping my desired outcome of the ship's design. I will always keep a pre-balanced version up here for download.
- Disclosure: I have tried this update for 12-16 hours. They're still a bit OP due to range but I felt that the drawback of the ships makes it somewhat balanced. Getting rushed/flanked can easily doom the fleet. And a lot of moded factions can often overpower my fleet which can be annoying. Any opinion on this, let me know.
- The range bonus from Musashi's Targeting Cores is nerfed. And built-in targeting unit has been removed. This is to provide more options for players.
- Many ship parameters have been balanced. The original idea when I start working on this mod is to balance the range bonus with lower-than-average health, and OP, but I haven't looked into speeds. Most of the larger hulls are now slower.
- Storage parameters of each ship are also updated to match their size.
- The Musashi Feeder systems are slightly nerfed with reduced flux reduction and rate of fire bonus.
- If you want to see all the updates on the hull and weapons system, you can check the difference from BackUp.csv files in the data/hulls or data/weapons folder.

Change log (1.3.2a):
- Adjust the price of almost everything to be slightly lower.
- Increase the rarity of blueprints from insanely rare to moderate).
- Add a new weapon called mm_tadaijilance. Balance is TBD and there is no way to obtain it except via console command. If you want to try go ahead and let me know what you think.

Change log (1.3.2):
- Add new steel-clad ship: Kajin
- Add new medium ballistic: Basan Flame Spitter
- Update all Ebisu sprites to have a more pleasing appearance using Moreya as a base. I also update the description to reflect this change.
- Also update the rarity of all blueprints so they're not all awfully low anymore (@07/03, if you downloaded the mod prior to this date, replace special_items.csv in data/campaign with one from the Patreon post, or just get in there to change the numbers.)

Change log (1.3.1):
- Add the first pirate ship "Fell-Amaterasu".

Change log (1.3.0c):
- Fix some boundary issues.

Change log (1.3.0b):
- Add new engines to most ships.

Change log (1.3.0a):
- Updated all Ebusi to have carrier AI.

Change log (1.3.0):
- Various balance changes on both ships and weapons.
- Update artwork of Watatsumi, Moreya, Amaterasu, and Mikaboshi.
- Reduce the hull frequency of most ships to stop flooding mercenary and pirate fleets.
- Add more hulls to the midline and high-tech bp so it is a bit easier to get some of them.
- Add a set of portraits and a custom flag. I planned to create a faction with these but to no avail.  :'(
- Add custom sounds to some weapons.

Change log (1.2.9e):
- Adjust Susanowo's parameters and its blueprint rarity.

Change log (1.2.9d):
- Adjust the artwork of Bishamonten. The front of the ship is now longer. The idea is to make the frontmost turret placement feel less awkward.
- Add a new specific blueprint that when found allows you to build both the Bishamonten and Onryu rift cannon.

Change log (1.2.9 re-versioned):
- The game version in the mod description is updated.
- I noticed the ebisu_e' engine is misplaced in the art so I also updated it.

Change log (1.2.9):
- Add Integrated Targeting Unit to all hulls (to prevent other targeting units from being installed)
- Reduced all buff from the Musashi Targeting Unit hull mod to make sure the buffs from the combined hull mod remain roughly similar to the previous version.

Change log (1.2.8b):
- Update names of files to fix Linux compatibility. - Thanks Balmung60!

Change log (1.2.8a):
- Update deployment cost of ships. All battlecruisers and battleships now cost more. (I've been testing with various mods and they're still pretty OP)
BTW Still haven't figured out how to lock the ship from getting benefits from targeting core yet. :'(

Change log (1.2.8):
- Add a new ship called Moreya. She is weird and pretty badass. You can find her in the Independent market and Musashi BP.
- Adjust the storage parameters of Ebisu ships. They can carry a bit more fuel now.
- Update Kuzuryu description. Thanks Draconas!
*Somehow I missed 1.2.7 change log but I think that is fine.

Change log (1.2.6a):
- Fixed Kuzyryu weapons and engines do not align properly

Change log (1.2.6):
- Balance changes on many aspects.
- Added artworks for Musashi Targeting Cores hull mod.

Change log (1.2.5):
- Reduce CR deployment cost. (Previously, all ships have high CR deployment costs. I decided to reduce the cost as the ships are weaker and are damaged more often.)

Change log (1.2.4):
- Reduce flux capacity, ordnance, HP, and Armor of most ships.
- Added three different targeting core hullmods to use in place of Advance Targeting Core.
- Slightly reduce weapons range on large guns
- Reduce damage per shot of Kirin battery (just realize energy damage type make this weapon freaking OP)

Change log (1.2.3): - Thanks to everyone for the feedbacks!
- Add 'STRIKE' and 'USE_VS_FRIGATES' to most heavy weapons so they're not used by AI to target fighters - thanks grinningsphinx

Change log (1.2.2): - Thanks to everyone for the feedbacks!
- Ebisu S, M - slightly increase deployment cost, reduce speed and armor
- Bishamonten - Reduce engine slots to decrease engine flare
- Add some ships and weapons to midline_package and high_tech_package for easier access
- Fix Mikaboshi fighter bays description
- Adjust Tengu Burst Battery and Kirin Burst Battery so they are shown and rotate properly

Change log (1.2.1):
- Add a new capital ship called "Susanowo" (obtainable via rare blueprint drop only)
- Add Enera Wrath Battery and Jabakurei Cage for Susanowo.
- Add Gaki Flak Storm Array (a bigger version of Kitsune)
- A lot of small balancing. During my current campaign run, I often found most MM ships to have too heavy armor and too good in general. I mainly focus on increasing supply and cp and stuff but not directly nerf the ship characteristic.

Change log (1.2):
- Add new defensive cruiser "Hachiman"
- Jizo armor is now reduced from 150 to 120
- Reduce Furi Rifle damage from 760 to 725
- Reduce Shisa Howitzer damage from 3200 to 3100
- Reduce Kojin max speed from 200 to 160 and increase supply cost a little
- Adjust the cost of various weapons. (I have no idea Ibitsu Ward PD was $50,000)

Change log (1.1.1):
- Jizo Fighter now carries a nerfed version of Annihilator. Less ammo, burst size reduces from 5 to 4, and burst delay increased from 5 to 8.
- Ibitsu PD damage radius increased. It's should damage more reliably against all targets. (This change also buffed Jizo Fighter/Bomber and Kappa.)
- Added a supercarrier - Mikaboshi
- Added a cruiser - Gongen
- Added an Interceptor - Bushi

Change log (1.1.0):
- Ships and weapons are now spawned under pirate and independent fleets.
- Ships and weapons are now purchasable through the independent and black market.
- Battlecruiser - Kuzuryu
- Supports - Ebisu (three sizes)
- Frigate - Hoderi
- Fighter wing - Kappa
- Weapon - Shisa Howitzer
- Reduce Jizo Bomber's torps from four torps to two.
[close]

Ships in action :
Spoiler
Bishamonten

Amaterasu

Watatsumi

Kisshoten

Nesaku

Kojin

Idaten

[close]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:14:39 AM by PuffyJelly »

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 07:27:36 AM »

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS

Lorkhan4E201

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 03:34:28 PM »

Great mod, flux stats for weapons are too low and way too op though

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 07:57:34 PM »

Great mod, flux stats for weapons are too low and way too op though

Thanks. Yea, there is some limit with long cooldown weapons, the flux spike is pretty high and some ships can't even use them. And I didn't test them much with other hulls. I will see if I can make it more balance. I will update the mod when I got some more ships, too!

toastyblitz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 08:01:43 PM »

I've been wanting to do this style of fleet for awhile, but my sprite skills are rather lacking. Are you planning on making this a faction mod eventually?

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 08:25:14 PM »

I've been wanting to do this style of fleet for awhile, but my sprite skills are rather lacking. Are you planning on making this a faction mod eventually?

I don't have the knowledge yet and my first goal was to make the mod as lightweight as possible. I might make them into faction in the future. Maybe as a sub-independent faction based on a single man-made planet (like the academy but with trade and no special quest). Its lore might be something like a multi-sector corporation that produces and sell ships.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:25:47 PM by PuffyJelly »

lazloner

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Nice stuff dude. Gonna give your ships a try now.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey if you can, it would be nice to have this (for now) spawn as regular ships in scavengers and independent (albeit very rare)
I was thinking of doing that myself, if for no other reason that to gain some knowledge -I want to make a faction myself someday  8)
With your permission of course!

I'm going to start a playthrough on youtube soon with the goal of showing off the modability of the sector (I have around 80 enabled mods currently) and to be quite honest I would be remissed if I didn't mention how much I want to have a fleet with at least one or two of your ships.

My intent is to pilot an aleste fighter/frigate from arma armatura (until I find an einhander) and assemble a (nearly) unstoppable force of (totally not gundams).  It is supposed to be an elite fast attack strike force, and having a few gunboats would be sweet and really add a lot to the mobile suit vibe.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 12:12:32 PM by th3boodlebot »

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile

Can someone with the right privileges, please add this mod to the mod index?

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Nice work man

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey if you can, it would be nice to have this (for now) spawn as regular ships in scavengers and independent (albeit very rare)
I was thinking of doing that myself, if for no other reason that to gain some knowledge -I want to make a faction myself someday  8)

I'm going to start a playthrough on youtube soon with the goal of showing off the modability of the sector (I have around 80 enabled mods currently) and to be quite honest I would be remissed if I didn't mention how much I want to have a fleet with at least one or two of your ships.

My intent is to pilot an aleste fighter/frigate from arma armatura (until I find an einhander) and assemble a (nearly) unstoppable force of (totally not gundams).  It is supposed to be an elite fast attack strike force, and having a few gunboats would be sweet and really add a lot to the mobile suit vibe.

I just uploaded an updated file. Now both Independent and pirate will spawn them. The ship and weapon showed in the independent market and the black market. BTW, thank you for offering the assist! Honestly, I almost gave up but I somehow manage to do it.

To make the ship spawn you need to set up files under the folder "data/world/factions". There the main file will be "default_ship_roles.json". This file dictates the class of the ship spawn, so the bigger the ship the harder it will spawn. Then you need to set up individual faction .json. For example, I have independent.json and pirates.json. Each of them makes the ships, weapons, and wings spawn in each faction's fleet.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 12:58:30 PM by PuffyJelly »

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

Nice stuff dude. Gonna give your ships a try now.

Nice work man

Thanks, guys.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 01:21:13 PM by PuffyJelly »

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

I just uploaded an updated file. Now both Independent and pirate will spawn them. The ship and weapon showed in the independent market and the black market. BTW, thank you for offering the assist! Honestly, I almost gave up but I somehow manage to do it.

To make the ship spawn you need to set up files under the folder "data/world/factions". There the main file will be "default_ship_roles.json". This file dictates the class of the ship spawn, so the bigger the ship the harder it will spawn. Then you need to set up individual faction .json. For example, I have independent.json and pirates.json. Each of them makes the ships, weapons, and wings spawn in each faction's fleet.

Woah!  Thanks so much!  I'm thinking that my faction will mainly be a combination of your ships and arma ships, with my personal fleet having an array of pretty gems from multiple factions (I will especially be looking for one of those pretty blue ships with the red engines, the beshamonten-sorry about spelling lol)

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile

I just realized the cost of ships and weapons was set extremely high. I toned them down a little. They are still expensive, due to the premium nature of the product, but not by too much. I also brighten the color of the "Musashi Manufactorum" design type, make it more readable.

Just don't forget to delete the old mod before replacing it with the new one. Hope you guy enjoy. I will focus on creating more hulls and weapons now. Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 11:57:42 PM by PuffyJelly »

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

Excellent!  I just got my internet back on (tree company got my transformer; the green box that houses internet and phone lines)

I'm getting ready to start recording!  I couldnt really feel right doing that until I had my current build ready (around 80 enabled currently)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19