Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to reduce or remove raid stability penalty?  (Read 1378 times)

Vextor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to reduce or remove raid stability penalty?
« on: May 15, 2021, 08:57:14 AM »

It seems kind of crazy that an entire planet reverts back into the bronze age in a cycle or two because I copied their blueprints. If I raided their food industry, yeah that would make sense, but these are just some files on a USB stick for Ludd's sake
How do I do it?

Vextor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: How to reduce or remove raid stability penalty?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 09:03:42 AM »

No.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »

It is true, raid less.  Each raid costs the target -3 stability, which is much.  Player can raid a planet once, maybe twice, then he must move on unless he wants to kill the planet.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 11:44:54 AM »

It is true, raid less.  Each raid costs the target -3 stability, which is much.  Player can raid a planet once, maybe twice, then he must move on unless he wants to kill the planet.
Honestly, the stability malus should depend on where you raid, while the shortages are separate depending on what you took. Hence, raiding the light industry should be less of a stability problem and more of a shortages problem.

Stormlock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 01:21:24 PM »

It seems kind of crazy that an entire planet reverts back into the bronze age in a cycle or two because I copied their blueprints. If I raided their food industry, yeah that would make sense, but these are just some files on a USB stick for Ludd's sake
How do I do it?

You have to consider the context of what the marines are doing. They're not sneaking in and out. They're killing their way into the most heavily defended buildings on the planet. By the time you've done that 3 or 4 times, the defenses are so screwed any two bit warlord is going to be able to try the same thing and make things snowball. There's going to be a lack of general law/peacekeeping forces available, a lack of faith in the government, money diverted to restore defenses, etc.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 01:21:41 PM »

Can change line 468 of settings.json to 0, as I have. I think the default value is 0.1:

"decivSamplingMonths":16, # most of the months have to be at stability 0, and first month has to have stability 0
   "decivZeroStabilityMinFraction":0.5, # min fraction of months with stability 0
   "decivMinStreak":3, # this many most recent months in a row at stability 0
   "decivProbPerMonthOverStreak":0, # probability of decivilizing, per month of streak over the minimum

Doing this may prevent decivilization from happening, but I got a warning once.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 01:46:38 PM »

Doing this may prevent decivilization from happening, but I got a warning once.
You'll get warnings as usual, but outright decivilizing will not happen. The only way to completely destroy an NPC colony with that setting, barring mods, is saturation bombardment.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 02:27:56 PM »

Good to know! I don't particularly enjoy digging through save files to change the last 16/18 months of stability history for a market.