Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Derelict Contingent  (Read 11972 times)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Derelict Contingent
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 02:00:41 AM »

Let's just replace that skill all over by another skill that adds extra % armor to low tech ships in your fleet
This, but replacing instead of adding things.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 05:37:15 AM »

Other games have struggled with the concept of "Dodge". That is essentially what this kind of tanking is and most games consider it to be unfun.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 07:48:08 AM »

Updated the OP with all the DC-centric videos, except for the spoiler one.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2021, 10:02:17 PM »

That sound like really busted skill and unfun mechanic.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 11:06:37 PM »

...You know, I'm seriously considering selling a corrupted nanoforge to the pirates at Kapteyn Starworks.

Because I just realized - thanks to running into a pirate fleet whose admiral didn't have Derelict Contingent - just how much of a difference that makes. I'd actually prefer to fight nearly-pristine pirate fleets; at least they'll actually die when I shoot them, rather than having some random pirate falcon just shrug off heavy blaster fire, and nevermind the ships that are actually armored...

Kindof worried what this'll do to autoresolve mechanics, though. Sure, it'll make things easier for me, but that's not useful if it causes the core to decivilize.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2021, 11:45:03 AM »

Just found out this skill can make the game extremely unfun on the start :(

So I started game, skipped tutorial, but attempted to fly straight to galatia academy starting in Jengala.

Attempt 1: pirates intercepted me and easily wiped me out.

Attempt 2 (started a new game, picked wolf): evaded first pirates, arrived in galatia, got intercepted while there... again defeated.

Attempt 3 (reloaded previous game with wolf): instead of flying to academy, I flew to the hegemony station, found it getting its ass kicked by "rogue miners" (the tutorial guys). So I try to help... we get wiped out.

Attempt 4: I cheat, give myself more wolves and add a 50dp hegemony fleet nearby, we engage the pirates + station... when the battle start, there is a round-ish ship, I think some enforcer or similar, right in front of the battle start location for newcomers, so me + 50dp fleet surround that guy and shoot.... and shoot.... and shoot... they end wiping us out, again.

Attempt 5: I reload, try to stay near station, and notice pirate ships with officers are just facerolling the station, they park literally in front of the station and keep shooting until the station die and they are fine... on their 5 d-mod destroyers.

Seriously WTF this skill!!! It makes tutorial pirates strong as a [redacted] boss fleet!

Brofist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »

Might be a bit much, but its a neat mechanic imo. Junk fleet captain should be a fun and viable way to play

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2021, 02:01:28 PM »

Maybe the skill could mean making the best of a bad situation, based on the d-mod?

Armor's compromised? You can be more manoeuverable.
Storage is compromised? We sealed it off with more armor.
Erratic fuel injector? We can use that to give us a combat speed boost.

That kind of thing.

Demetrious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »

(... it may just be possible that this is a bit much...)

One of the best parts of Early Access games is lurking the forums after a huge patch hits. The developer knows that no living human could possibly balance so many new mechanics against each other properly given ten years to do so, and thus the only solution is to release it into the wild, watch the forums burn, and sift the tuning values from the ashes.

And then he checks the forums and sees some absolute madman has wrested from the numbers a Stygian titan of Death hitherto unimaginable, and it's a coin flip between the impetus being the tinkerings of mad and misapplied genius, or an apparently normal person going "what if we just kept going?"

Sometimes.

Sometimes, I wonder if God looks at us and feels the same way.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2021, 07:39:32 AM »

In collection to that topic.
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2021, 11:55:24 AM »

i think Derelict Contingent would be fine if it merely reduced the damage taken to the armor by 90%, and not the hull damage taken, so that once the armor is burned through it does nothing
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2021, 11:59:31 AM »

Residual armor is still a thing. Reducing damage to armor also reduces damage to hull. That's a big part of why this is so busted, +5% minimum armor per d-mod.
Pages: 1 [2]